The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760

No, just no :colonhash:
Reply 5761
Original post by Noor90

Lol just a joke. High chance at once point your ancestors were Hindu unless you descend from central Asia or the middle east

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noor90

Are you a Pakistani Sikh :ninja:

Or an Indian trying to take over :gasp:
Reply 5763
Original post by killa78
Are you a Pakistani Sikh :ninja:

Or an Indian trying to take over :gasp:

Born Muslim, now Sikh. 100% Pakistani :smile:
Reply 5764
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol just a joke. High chance at once point your ancestors were Hindu unless you descend from central Asia or the middle east

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm good point. I don't know really. All my ancestors that I know of have been Muslim. My grandparents tell me that their grandparents were Muslim. So if we were ever Hindu, it was a long time ago. Although I am not 100% sure what we descended from.
Original post by Noor90
Born Muslim, now Sikh. 100% Pakistani :smile:

Wahey, you don't see this everyday :tongue:

What made you switch?

This is actually the first time i've seen it occur this way :blush:
Reply 5766
Original post by killa78
Wahey, you don't see this everyday :tongue:

What made you switch?

This is actually the first time i've seen it occur this way :blush:

Just I found Sikhism more compatible with my personal beliefs, that is all. Got nothing against Islam, it is a fine religion for some people, but I don't think that one religion is right for EVERYONE, different strokes for different folks.

Also I grew up in the UK and you're right, it is rare, in all my years I knew like 2 girls who switched from Islam to Sikhism. I live in Canada now and it's more common here, don't know why.
Original post by Noor90
Just I found Sikhism more compatible with my personal beliefs, that is all. Got nothing against Islam, it is a fine religion for some people, but I don't think that one religion is right for EVERYONE, different strokes for different folks.

Also I grew up in the UK and you're right, it is rare, in all my years I knew like 2 girls who switched from Islam to Sikhism. I live in Canada now and it's more common here, don't know why.

Oh right yeah, if I'm correct, Canada has the second largest number of Sikhs?

Alot of my friends seem to have relatives there so go pretty often.
Reply 5768
Original post by killa78
Oh right yeah, if I'm correct, Canada has the second largest number of Sikhs?

Alot of my friends seem to have relatives there so go pretty often.

There are more Sikhs in the UK than there are in Canada, but by percentage of the total population, Sikhs make up a larger portion of Canada than they do of Britain. In Britain they number somewhere in the 700,000's I believe and are something like 0.8% of the population, in Canada we're about 450,000 but about 1.5% of the total population.
It's been so long :emo:
Reply 5770
Can't believe there's a pakistani society here, this has just lifted my spirits.
Original post by rabalem
Can't believe there's a pakistani society here, this has just lifted my spirits.

Welcome, have some samosas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5772
Original post by rabalem

Welcome, have some saag.
Reply 5773
Original post by Ggmu!
X

Nice avatar
Reply 5774
Original post by LegendX
You sir, are a baboon.

I'm awesome.
Reply 5775
Original post by Lil08
Nice avatar

I've only ever got negative comments on it! It gave me a chuckle when I saw it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noor90

You live in Canada! Lets meet up :colone:

Original post by Noor90
Apna Punjab Hove...Ghar Di Sharaab Hove...
Mooli Naal Gandha Hove...Baan Wala Manja Hove...
Ho Manje Ute Baitha JATT Oye Banea Nawaab Hove...
Apna Punjab Hove...Ghar Di Sharaab Hove...
Apna Punjab..........Apna Punjab.....

You just mad that Punjabi songs are catchier than Mirpuri songs, if there even are any Mirpuri songs. BRUUUAHAHAHAHAHA!

LOL that songs only addressing the jatt population of Punjab :tongue:...besides its a copy paste so no effort from you...I really need to give you those lessons

i doubt we've any mirpuri songs lol
Reply 5777
Original post by Ggmu!
I've only ever got negative comments on it! It gave me a chuckle when I saw it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it you? :sexface:
Reply 5778
Original post by Lil08
Is it you? :sexface:

As much as I wish had a gut so perfectly shaped it could serve as a bar for my beer - it isn't :frown: I'm the total opposite, skinny :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5779
Original post by Ggmu!
As much as I wish had a gut so perfectly shaped it could serve as a bar for my beer - it isn't :frown: I'm the total opposite, skinny :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man. :frown:

Latest