The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Limited how much? Most unis I've seen don't NEED the whole A2... Hmmm

Like you said, its not too bad. Don't apply to places that want it to full A-levels like Cambridge, Nottingham, Sheffield, imperial etc.. there are quite a few of these though
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Like you said, its not too bad. Don't apply to places that want it to full A-levels like Cambridge, Nottingham, Sheffield, imperial etc.. there are quite a few of these though

:erm: Cambridge don't even require Biology A Level.
:erm: Cambridge don't even require Biology A Level.

They prefer 3 sciences.. then I realised you're doing chemistry, maths and physics. Even still, most applicants will offer biology A-level but yeah, you shouldn't worry too much about it now, just get the grades you need.
They prefer 3 sciences.. then I realised you're doing chemistry, maths and physics. Even still, most applicants will offer biology A-level but yeah, you shouldn't worry too much about it now, just get the grades you need.

Further Maths too! If that helps...
Further Maths too! If that helps...

Probably not since most don't accept both maths and fmaths. Also forgot, some unis won't count grades you got earlier/after the 2 years of A-level study
Probably not since most don't accept both maths and fmaths. Also forgot, some unis won't count grades you got earlier/after the 2 years of A-level study

Which is why I'm doing further maths :tongue:

So I'll have Three "Science" A2s, Geography and Biology AS and French.

Medicine eh? :holmes: Your grades are/will be up to scratch (obvs) but I think the issue might be your commitment etc? You probably want to start volunteer stuff ASAP and then get some proper, clinical experience over the summer.

Still :rolleyes:

Which science A2s?
Original post by Endless Blue
Medicine eh? :holmes: Your grades are/will be up to scratch (obvs) but I think the issue might be your commitment etc? You probably want to start volunteer stuff ASAP and then get some proper, clinical experience over the summer.

Exactly. People know they want Medicine from a young age. I still don't know if I want to do it first (like I'd want it as a graduate but...) and so it's difficult.

Still :rolleyes:

Which science A2s?

Physics, Chem and Further Maths during normal years.
The thought of having L'Evil Fish as your doctor! :afraid:

Joking, of course :tongue:
Original post by usycool1

Exactly. People know they want Medicine from a young age. I still don't know if I want to do it first (like I'd want it as a graduate but...) and so it's difficult.

Physics, Chem and Further Maths during normal years.

Have you guys done UKCAT yet? :smile: Good luck!

:mwuaha: well.. Someone said they could imagine me as a GP, I said :nah:

Original post by Blueray2
Have you guys done UKCAT yet? :smile: Good luck!

No :rofl:

What do you think the implications would be of changing an EPQ? I think someone else did it last year at my school and still got an A* (they changed from Spanish to Philosophy, so quite a big change!) but I'm concerned it will have a detrimental effect to my grade :s-smilie:
Gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn
D1 has actually demotivated me so much, my god doing D1 questions is like a mission
What do you think the implications would be of changing an EPQ? I think someone else did it last year at my school and still got an A* (they changed from Spanish to Philosophy, so quite a big change!) but I'm concerned it will have a detrimental effect to my grade :s-smilie:

I changed mine!
It was the evolution of the planet back in June because it bored me to death and now it's how the angle of pipes affects the velocity of water and looking at fluid mechanics. :biggrin:
I'm still certain I can achieve a good grade..a lot of work yet to be done though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helmet Diver
I changed mine!
It was the evolution of the planet back in June because it bored me to death and now it's how the angle of pipes affects the velocity of water and looking at fluid mechanics. :biggrin:
I'm still certain I can achieve a good grade..a lot of work yet to be done though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thanks. So has your co-ordinator/mentor said it won't harm your grade?
Cool, thanks. So has your co-ordinator/mentor said it won't harm your grade?

Yep, my supervisor has said its completely fine so long as I put in the effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
D1 has actually demotivated me so much, my god doing D1 questions is like a mission

studying this too , how far are you into it ?
Original post by Robbie242

Interesting avatar. Yet you did and enjoyed history!

Latest