The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There might also be a live-action.of Naruto apparently...

Posted from TSR Mobile
No release dates have been announced at all. However, it is rumoured (don't know about confirmed) that it will contain blood in it and thus the age rating will go up.
Then again, the Grand Magic Games arc is one of the darkest (if not the darkest) there is.
(edited 2 years ago)
Spoilers from the manga!!!

Spoiler

Although, all 7 dragonslayers join forces in the Grand Magic Games arc to combat the threat that is present.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5443

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Notice what I said when time-travel is involved, or, time rewind but it costs someone most of their remaining years.

Spoiler

Not gonna tell you anything else nor who the long haired bad guy is. Although, he is a dragonslayer who claims to be the dragon king.
(edited 2 years ago)
Finished Death Note last night. Was overall an enjoyable experience. I found that it did begin to drag a little towards the end after a significant event that happened which I don't want to spoil for others who might be watching it right now. But it started very strongly and that kept me hooked.

7/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, you know 7 dragonslayers:

Natsu - Fire
Gajeel - Iron
Wendy - Sky
Rogue - Shadow
Sting - Light
Cobra - Poison
Laxus - Lightning
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Finished Death Note last night. Was overall an enjoyable experience. I found that it did begin to drag a little towards the end after a significant event that happened which I don't want to spoil for others who might be watching it right now. But it started very strongly and that kept me hooked.

7/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you liked death note, you will most probably like the Higurashi series. =)
And Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation

Both are AWESOME solve the mystery series!
Original post by Scienceisgood
Is anyone gonna watch America's live action adaption of the manga "All you need is kill" next year?
No anime has been released of this yet.

EDIT:
Will be titled "Edge of tomorrow".

Hadn't heard of this one before, though as far as I can see, it's a light novel, not manga. :hmmmm2: Still, anything with illustrations by Yoshitoshi ABe deserves a look from me, so I may well buy it.

As for the film... I'm cautious about US live action adaptations of anything, and changing the name from (the admittedly Engrish-sounding) All You Need Is Kill to the utterly generic-sounding Edge of Tomorrow, and replacing Japanese main character 'Kiriya Keiji' with Tom Cruise playing a guy called 'Bill Cage' isn't a good start. :s:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hadn't heard of this one before, though as far as I can see, it's a light novel, not manga. :hmmmm2: Still, anything with illustrations by Yoshitoshi ABe deserves a look from me, so I may well buy it.

As for the film... I'm cautious about US live action adaptations of anything, and changing the name from (the admittedly Engrish-sounding) All You Need Is Kill to the utterly generic-sounding Edge of Tomorrow, and replacing Japanese main character 'Kiriya Keiji' with Tom Cruise playing a guy called 'Bill Cage' isn't a good start. :s:

Must have either mid-read the article or it was slightly wrong. =l
Interested in watching it next year?
Anyone following Shingeki No Kyojin/ Attack on Titan? That's my new favourite thing atm.
Original post by kesupile
Anyone following Shingeki No Kyojin/ Attack on Titan? That's my new favourite thing atm.

Haven't watched the latest ep (22) but watched episode 1-21 in 3 days. :biggrin:
Such an awesome anime! Was dying to watch episode 22 given the ending of 21 but my parents came in and had to turn it off because I knew I would get brainache from my mum about watching "cartoons"...
Must have either mid-read the article or it was slightly wrong. =l
Interested in watching it next year?

Doubt it, for the reasons I mentioned above (not to mention the lack of cinemas anywhere in the nearby area :tongue:). If I end up reading and liking the book, and hear that the movie isn't that bad an adaptation, I might be convinced otherwise... though, reading the original usually just makes me more critical. :beard:
Does anyone use this website for their anime news as well as the obvious ones (animenewnetwork etc...)?
Guys, I know this is gonna be insignificant but I was just on Amazon.co.uk and Angel Beats on DVD is rated 12 but the Blu Ray is rated 15, why?
Guys, I know this is gonna be insignificant but I was just on Amazon.co.uk and Angel Beats on DVD is rated 12 but the Blu Ray is rated 15, why?

Must be a mistake - if you look at every other picture of the Blu Ray box other than the main one, it's shown as rated 12. :yes:
Does anyone know which manga chapter episode 25 of Attack On Titan will be?
I don't know how many manga chapters fit into a single episode for Attack On Titan. =l

Wanna pick up on the manga when the anime finishes.
Haven't watched the latest ep (22) but watched episode 1-21 in 3 days. :biggrin:
Such an awesome anime! Was dying to watch episode 22 given the ending of 21 but my parents came in and had to turn it off because I knew I would get brainache from my mum about watching "cartoons"...

Hahaha yeah that's what my mum used to be like about me and Naruto/Bleach back when I watched the amines. But dude episode 22 just shows how awesome Levi is.

There's so much mystery surrounding the titans I just wanna know everything now!!!!! Apparently there are only 3episodes of this season left, so I might have to pick up the manga even though I prefer to watch an animated version -.-
Original post by kesupile
Hahaha yeah that's what my mum used to be like about me and Naruto/Bleach back when I watched the amines. But dude episode 22 just shows how awesome Levi is.

There's so much mystery surrounding the titans I just wanna know everything now!!!!! Apparently there are only 3episodes of this season left, so I might have to pick up the manga even though I prefer to watch an animated version -.-

Manga is awesome (in general, not just AOT) but it doesn't capture the action an anime can give. It just doesn't cut it,
Manga is awesome (in general, not just AOT) but it doesn't capture the action an anime can give. It just doesn't cut it,

Exactly.

Latest