The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bahalo
I am!

That's nice, its reassuring to know that there are more people actually commuting. Everyone I've spoken to seems surprised that I'll be commuting for some reason, I guess it will be tough to start off but I think we will get used to it eventually :biggrin:

What course are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 381
Original post by Zazuwaved
That's cool :biggrin:, how long will commute be if you don't mind me asking? I am aware of the event but I don't think I will be able to make it tomorrow. However, I think there's another event on the 28th I should be able to make that.

Erm i think its around half an hour (i live in cheshire). What about you?

what are you studying at keele?
Reply 382
That's nice, its reassuring to know that there are more people actually commuting. Everyone I've spoken to seems surprised that I'll be commuting for some reason, I guess it will be tough to start off but I think we will get used to it eventually :biggrin:

What course are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

Same. It's daunting but I did want to stay home for a while tbh. How are you commuting? Car or train?

I'm studying Chemistry and International Relations. What about you?
Original post by bahalo
Same. It's daunting but I did want to stay home for a while tbh. How are you commuting? Car or train?

I'm studying Chemistry and International Relations. What about you?

I know, I prefer staying home for a few more extra years too. I haven't yet got a licence so I will be going by train, your course sounds quite interesting :biggrin:, hopefully be going to start Medicine.
Original post by tmmd
Erm i think its around half an hour (i live in cheshire). What about you?

what are you studying at keele?

Oh okay that's not too bad, you'll hardly be noticing it in that case, seeing as I will more towards the south of bham, it'll take about 1.5hrs maybe more. Going to be studying Medicine hopefully :smile: , wbu?
Reply 385
Oh okay that's not too bad, you'll hardly be noticing it in that case, seeing as I will more towards the south of bham, it'll take about 1.5hrs maybe more. Going to be studying Medicine hopefully :smile: , wbu?

Yeah it isnt too bad of a drive there from where i am :smile:.

im studying history and international relations.
I firmed my unconditional offer for Politics and Social science ... Really excited !!

I took a gap year too, what did you get up to?

I went to the States for just over a month; this was just travelling and visiting since I've always wanted to go there as a kid. I went to New York for 3 weeks and San Francisco for 2.

Then I headed down to Chile for a more productive experience: I worked in a community health centre dealing with often young adults addicted to drugs and alcohol, and other patients with psychological illnesses such as depression, schizophrenia, etc ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
I'm commuting! Only live in stoke so it's like 10 minutes away on bus! Also going that event today, quite nervous haha!
Reply 388
Did anyone on here go to the event at keele today?
Reply 389
Just want to say..to everyone who's going to Keele uni..you've made the best decision.. you're going to love it!!
Reply 390
Original post by laurenking95
which block are you in?

Z, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benallen
Z, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww im in D :frown:
Reply 392
Hey did anyone go to the commuter day Wednesday ?
Reply 393
Original post by calliek13

Hey! I went to the commuter day at Keele on Wednesday! :smile: How about you? :biggrin:
Reply 394

Yeah i did :smile:
Reply 395
Hey lewis n tmmd. I did too, was at the frontish in the first lecture hall.
Reply 396
Hey lewis n tmmd. I did too, was at the frontish in the first lecture hall.

Cool! :biggrin: I was usually in the middle or at the back. What did you think of the day? Did you enjoy all of the team building events stuff and everything else? Did you get to know some nice new people? :smile:
Big up keele, were gonna party hardddddddddd :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 398
I really enjoyed it and `m glad I went. Feel a little less nervous. I did the ice breaker games....we got 1.1 seconds on the sticks and 53 cm on the gem tower. Thought everybody was really friendly and made somenice friends. How about you ? Are you going to any of the freshers week events ? :smile:
Reply 399
I went the commuting event Wednesday, met some really nice people! Looking forward to actually starting now!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest