The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A deserved point? A bit kind that to England's performance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8241
A midtable match in international football. Two teams with very little quality setting up conservatively and hoping to nick something from a set piece.

I suppose we can say we got a decent result with a lot of players missing. And Jagielka had a good game. But christ that was dull, and we were very unimpressive.
Deserved point? :laugh:
San Marino can play better. This was garbage play. Kept having sleep lapses in the middle of the game.
Reply 8244
I hope England don't make it to the world cup. #UpNigeria
Original post by F_shakeey
A deserved point? A bit kind that to England's performance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

very kind, Ukraine always looked more likely to do something, heck they should really have scored a couple. (and had at least one penalty tbh), England were absolutely atrocious.
In 9 years the world cups coming home.....
Reply 8247
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How you feeling now?

Look at what I said, ****ing ridiculous. Theo walks off with a limp because they just kept targeting our players. Where is the protection ffs? That should have been a red the dirty rat.
Original post by fallen_acorns
honestly worse match ive seen in a long time.

Just plain boring. no tension, no excitement or skill or drive.

awful.

You could say that about 90% of England games. They tend to go this way.
Christ that was boring.
I have being saying it for years: Gerrard is the problem for England. I don't he has ever played well for England. Ever!
Was Carrick injured? Not as far as my knowledge and why didn't he play? As much as Lampard's 100th cap is an excellent achievement, was it really necessary to play tonight?
Original post by Aky786UK
Was Carrick injured? Not as far as my knowledge and why didn't he play? As much as Lampard's 100th cap is an excellent achievement, was it really necessary to play tonight?

not playing Carrick tonight was ****ing criminal
Reply 8253
Original post by Meat is Murder
I have being saying it for years: Gerrard is the problem for England. I don't he has ever played well for England. Ever!

:rofl2:
Reply 8254
Original post by Mr_Vain
Look at what I said, ****ing ridiculous. Theo walks off with a limp because they just kept targeting our players. Where is the protection ffs? That should have been a red the dirty rat.

Do you mean they're targeting England players...or Arsenal players specifically? :ninja:
Every English footballer turns absolute trash when it comes to the national stage pretty much, if anyone can fix that then we will win a trophy. No point saying this player and that player does this and that where pretty much every player is under achieving when it comes to a competitive national game.
Couldn't even put together a single shot/attack tonight against Ukraine! It's only getting worst. Perhaps England should withdraw for the next 10 years and re-enter for World Cup 2022. It has been the same story for 20 years now.
Joachim low says England vs Germany friendly iii November

3-1 to Germany
Carrick not playing was bloody brilliant. I don't want Carrick picking up and injury in a game where Woy had zero ambition anyway. Let the boy wonder Wilshere do the running and take the fouls not the the 32 year at the heart of United's midfield.

As bad as it was, had we lined up with Sturridge up top, Rooney behind and Welbeck on the left, as would have been ideal that game would have been a different prospect to Walcott and Lambert. Lambert even at that level is peaking imo, and Walcott is a one trick pony, and in the absence of other threats its pretty easy to cover his one trick.
Reply 8258
Kyle Walker is about as good as Danny Simpson.

Milner and Ashley Young on the wings is the stuff of legends tbh.
Original post by Mr_Vain

Can you not make a post without a swearword in it? :facepalm2:

GTFO.

Terrible game, laughing at how bad Woy and England have become. As much as i would like to see them not qualify it is always so much more fun seeing them get hyped at the big tournaments and then to ultimately fail.

I almost feel bad though for the English. I mean Carrick not featuring in both crucial games is just hilarious. Almost as hilarious as seeing James Milner playing as a winger.
(edited 10 years ago)