The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Esther'95
Hey guys. I'm studying business management with a year placement...I'm located in the Lancaster complex hall. Is anyone in that same hall by any chance?? :smile::smile:

I'm in Lancaster Complex :smile:
Do you know which block you're in? I'm in Borough Road Hall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by Esther'95
Hey guys. I'm studying business management with a year placement...I'm located in the Lancaster complex hall. Is anyone in that same hall by any chance?? :smile::smile:

I'm in stockwell hall flat 24. :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simi_95
Haha I have no idea what that means either! I'm in Faraday Halls though but I might see you sometime :smile: I'm studying communications and media studies. How about you?

AHA! good :smile: Nice, I'm doing theatre, film and television studies, maybe we'll work together who knows aha! Have you visited the campus before because I haven't :/
Original post by lu_gencheva
i'm staircase 1, rooom 40 :smile:

Ahh that's awesome ! I'm staircase 2 room 27 :smile: What are you studying ?? :smile:
Original post by Charchar__marie
AHA! good :smile: Nice, I'm doing theatre, film and television studies, maybe we'll work together who knows aha! Have you visited the campus before because I haven't :/

oo a film and tv student :smile:

not one myself, but a very close friend of mine is currently a 2nd year student - and I have a couple of other friends in 3rd year of the same course :smile:

- if you ever have any questions/need a hand, would happily put you in touch with them :smile:
Reply 225

Ooh sounds good! I'm doing communications and media studies so maybe we will! Yeah I went to the open day earlier this year and really liked it! Thought it was pretty nice and it's really big so it's gonna take a while to get used to knowing where everything is haha. The general atmosphere of the place seemed cool :smile:
Original post by Simi_95
Ooh sounds good! I'm doing communications and media studies so maybe we will! Yeah I went to the open day earlier this year and really liked it! Thought it was pretty nice and it's really big so it's gonna take a while to get used to knowing where everything is haha. The general atmosphere of the place seemed cool :smile:

Yaay, that's hopeful :smile: aha! Look forward to meeting you though ! :P
Original post by fallen_acorns
oo a film and tv student :smile:

not one myself, but a very close friend of mine is currently a 2nd year student - and I have a couple of other friends in 3rd year of the same course :smile:

- if you ever have any questions/need a hand, would happily put you in touch with them :smile:

Aw thanks :smile: I appreciate that, I'm sure I will at some point aha, what are you studying then? :smile:
Reply 228
Yaay, that's hopeful :smile: aha! Look forward to meeting you though ! :P

Looking forward to meeting you too! :biggrin:
Ahh that's awesome ! I'm staircase 2 room 27 :smile: What are you studying ?? :smile:

communications and media studies :smile: what about you?
Aw thanks :smile: I appreciate that, I'm sure I will at some point aha, what are you studying then? :smile:

3rd year music student :smile:

The courses mingle a fair bit, as well the school of arts is pretty tiny, - and there are a lot of shared interestes/ideas between all the courses :smile:

creative writing students helping on scripts, music students being asked to write scores, etc..
3rd year music student :smile:

The courses mingle a fair bit, as well the school of arts is pretty tiny, - and there are a lot of shared interestes/ideas between all the courses :smile:

creative writing students helping on scripts, music students being asked to write scores, etc..

Ahh that sounds amazing! I was so close to choosing music I just thought I couldn't hack the theory behind it all aha ! I'm really looking forward to all the mingling and sharing ideas etc.

Honestly, would you say the students and the kind of environment is a nice place to live? :smile:
Original post by lu_gencheva
communications and media studies :smile: what about you?

Theatre film and television :smile: I hope people are easy to mingle with aha! love meeting new people, just hoping my roommates are nice :wink:
Ahh that sounds amazing! I was so close to choosing music I just thought I couldn't hack the theory behind it all aha ! I'm really looking forward to all the mingling and sharing ideas etc.

Honestly, would you say the students and the kind of environment is a nice place to live? :smile:

it can be :smile:

Brunel, like many new-ish universities is a very mixed place..

Students will range from being very accepting and welcoming and hardworking - to others who can be very unfriendly and wont care about the uni/their course..

But put it this way, I go there as a very 'visable' transgender person, and have very little problems, and am treated with respect/welcomed/accepted.. so I cant see anyone else having to much of a problem :tongue: :smile:

The school of arts is nice :smile: very small, and welcoming/friendly! because its so small its easy to get to know your lecturers, people from other years, and post-grad students etc.. so it can end with quite a community feel :smile:

as for the place to live.. well, its functional, and has all you need :tongue:

I mean, sure its not that pretty.. but.. your 5 minutes away from lectures, shops, clubs, social things, practise rooms, recording equipment, editing suits etc.. - so you soon forget that its not as pretty as a city-based university :tongue:
it can be :smile:

Brunel, like many new-ish universities is a very mixed place..

Students will range from being very accepting and welcoming and hardworking - to others who can be very unfriendly and wont care about the uni/their course..

But put it this way, I go there as a very 'visable' transgender person, and have very little problems, and am treated with respect/welcomed/accepted.. so I cant see anyone else having to much of a problem :tongue: :smile:

The school of arts is nice :smile: very small, and welcoming/friendly! because its so small its easy to get to know your lecturers, people from other years, and post-grad students etc.. so it can end with quite a community feel :smile:

as for the place to live.. well, its functional, and has all you need :tongue:

I mean, sure its not that pretty.. but.. your 5 minutes away from lectures, shops, clubs, social things, practise rooms, recording equipment, editing suits etc.. - so you soon forget that its not as pretty as a city-based university :tongue:

Ahaa!! That's awesome ! This is really helpful :smile: I'm glad it seems so communal and everything i'll probably need is near !

How about jobs, would it be possible for me to find a job on or near the campus or are most of these jobs taken ? :/
Ahaa!! That's awesome ! This is really helpful :smile: I'm glad it seems so communal and everything i'll probably need is near !

How about jobs, would it be possible for me to find a job on or near the campus or are most of these jobs taken ? :/

on campus is unlikely, just because there are not many jobs.. - and the ones that are there tend to get snapped up pretty quickly by 2nd/3rd years..

But of campus sure, should be no problem!

Uxbridge town centre is fairly big, lots of shops, bars, pubs, resteraunts, which is where most people I know who have jobs work..

then some others work in different places in london, catching the tube to where ever,

A few others work in wembly/the stadium, as its easy to get to :smile:

finding a job should be no problem, and there is a job-shop on campus to help, if you do have any trouble! :smile:
on campus is unlikely, just because there are not many jobs.. - and the ones that are there tend to get snapped up pretty quickly by 2nd/3rd years..

But of campus sure, should be no problem!

Uxbridge town centre is fairly big, lots of shops, bars, pubs, resteraunts, which is where most people I know who have jobs work..

then some others work in different places in london, catching the tube to where ever,

A few others work in wembly/the stadium, as its easy to get to :smile:

finding a job should be no problem, and there is a job-shop on campus to help, if you do have any trouble! :smile:

Niiiceeeee :smile: Well I'm excited to dive in aha! Where you living?
Niiiceeeee :smile: Well I'm excited to dive in aha! Where you living?

im on campus again this year :smile: was off campus for my second year, but this year it was just cheaper/easier to go back to halls :smile:

Will be in a 3rd year hall, in clifton :smile:

+ im very jelous! wish I was going back to first year again! its such an exciting and fun time! instead i get to head back to dissertations, final year projects, and all manner of responsibilities :tongue:
im on campus again this year :smile: was off campus for my second year, but this year it was just cheaper/easier to go back to halls :smile:

Will be in a 3rd year hall, in clifton :smile:

+ im very jelous! wish I was going back to first year again! its such an exciting and fun time! instead i get to head back to dissertations, final year projects, and all manner of responsibilities :tongue:

Hahaha!!! but then you can get into the real world and work on a career :smile: Yeah they say if you're gonna have fun, do it in the first year :wink: I just can't wait to get that degree and earn some money ahaa :biggrin: x
Theatre film and television :smile: I hope people are easy to mingle with aha! love meeting new people, just hoping my roommates are nice :wink:

me too! i'm so excited, only a couple of days to go now!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending