The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
90% based on 11 right? What if you've done 20+?

Just 90%. Be that 10, 11, 13, 8 - whatever (within reason, obviously). Who's seriously going to have done 20 GCSEs and got 19 A*s?
Original post by Endless Blue
Just 90%. Be that 10, 11, 13, 8 - whatever (within reason, obviously). Who's seriously going to have done 20 GCSEs and got 19 A*s?

Yea, what Usy says makes sense. 11*s and 9As is reasonable, for example, imo esp if the A*s are in 'hard' subjects.
Original post by usycool1
From what I have heard, they are actually placing a bit more emphasis on raw number of A*s too this year and not just percentage. :yep:

For a start, they're traditional rather than PBL. :tongue: There are also good research opportunities too, and the place in general looks like quite a nice place.

I'm not going to apply with high hopes though...just being told that I should consider has made me happy enough tbh! But you never know, there is a chance so I'm gonna give it a go. :tongue:

Good luck
How do you feel about the integrated approach? That's good then. I didn't particularly like Oxford, although...I was quite biased!
Damn my GCSEs :rofl:

50% A*, although by context, apparently only 13% got the full A*-C including Maths and English or something...

We were the worst year group in 5 years!
Original post by Fas
He had virtually no support from within his own party , alienated people with his high level of intelligence.

However his organisation and command of the Red Army during the Civil War was phenomenally good , hence you could argue he is a war leader but not the leader of a country.
We did about th revoultion period for my GCSE, and the History lot are doing it for thier coursewrok too! From what I remember he was just as arogant as much of the rest, but yes was great with the troops, and should take nearly all the credit for winning the civil war. He stod a good chAne as most for taking over from Lenin. But he like everyon else underest Stalin...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Damn my GCSEs :rofl:

50% A*, although by context, apparently only 13% got the full A*-C including Maths and English or something...

We were the worst year group in 5 years!

Wow! You've done amazingly well in comparison. My current sixth form had a 100% AS pass rate in 36 subjects last year :h:. I just had assembly and the assistant principal kept saying "well done" in his humorous accent.
Do you lot get target grades set by your teachers as well as predicted grades, or did my english teacher get mixed up? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea, what Usy says makes sense. 11*s and 9As is reasonable, for example, imo esp if the A*s are in 'hard' subjects.

Good luck
How do you feel about the integrated approach? That's good then. I didn't particularly like Oxford, although...I was quite biased!

Thanks! :biggrin:

I quite like the integrated approach too, hence why I'm thinking of Birmingham. :tongue: Fair enough! :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
Do you lot get target grades set by your teachers as well as predicted grades, or did my english teacher get mixed up? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college target grades are based on my poor GCSEs and are B/C for each subject. I also have separate predicted grades which are A*AAB.
Original post by usycool1
Thanks! :biggrin:

I quite like the integrated approach too, hence why I'm thinking of Birmingham. :tongue: Fair enough! :tongue:
Nice :smile:. Are you not fully committed to five yet? o.O Are you going to actually submit on the 15th? :tongue:
My college target grades are based on my poor GCSEs and are B/C for each subject. I also have separate predicted grades which are A*AAB.
Nice :smile:. Are you not fully committed to five yet? o.O Are you going to actually submit on the 15th? :tongue:

Oh I see! Those are great predicted grades :smile: So if my teacher set the target herself and told me to aim for it, do you think she meant predicted instead? Because my target grades last year were based off my GCSEs too, and so the teachers didn't set them, it was a system :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

As in, to five uni's? :tongue: I'm fairly sure I want to apply to Oxford, Imperial and Birmingham. It's just the fourth one that's confusing me a little...I have my UKCAT next Saturday so I'll decide on the fourth after seeing how that goes (although it won't be another BMAT uni for definite). Regarding a fifth...my PS is very heavily based on medicine and I have lots of other work, so I may not go for a fifth but we'll see... I may email Durham or somewhere and ask if they can accept a different PS for maths or something :tongue:

I also need to try to convince my chemistry/biology teachers to predict me A*s now...I've convinced my biology one (I think) so hopefully my chemistry one should be fine with it once I ask... :crossedf:
(edited 10 years ago)
I got an A in my first Geography essay :cool: happy because we haven't really learnt anything :colone:

(Human Geography)
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think target grades are set at the start of yr 12 based on what you got at GCSE whereas predicted grades are set at the start of yr 13 based on your AS results.
A* A* A predictions, pretty pleased with them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet! I'm hoping for the exact same predictions :smile: (What are the A*s in btw? :biggrin: )

Mine are in M & FM (I hope)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I got an A in my first Geography essay :cool: happy because we haven't really learnt anything :colone:

(Human Geography)

Geography at uni hopeful? :biggrin:
Original post by Blueray2
Geography at uni hopeful? :biggrin:

No :rofl:
Original post by Blueray2
I used to read those comics with the tiger :biggrin: Amazing!

I don't think I did really :wink:
Reply 2957

Nice one! You should have a good chance anywhere you try!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Nah I did it last year :tongue:, but I'm going over some A2 stuff by myself

oh right hahaha fair enough :tongue: which modules did you do ?
Reply 2959
School are pushing me to get on with my UCAS now that I've told them I'll try for Cambridge. I think I'll be predicted A*A*A, but I need to get my teachers to look at my personal statement, and get my head around the UCAS form! Plus I'm still waiting on a photocopy of a paper for a possible remark. Stress. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest