The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattFletcher
My enrichment consists of the debating society and potentially the Theatre (the technical stuff, sound, lighting etc.)
Go me! :wink:

I think I might be doing debating but... It's when I have my free last lesson (and I'd rather go home at like 1:30 instead of 3:40) :tongue:
Reply 4881
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think I might be doing debating but... It's when I have my free last lesson (and I'd rather go home at like 1:30 instead of 3:40) :tongue:

I don't think i could argue for 2 hours :lol:
Ok everyone how has your AS Levels been going?
Please List your subjects under the following headings:
Most Enjoyable Subjects(1=favourite)
1.Physics(The Lectures have been really interesting and engaging and I have been finding Physics really interesting)
2.Further Maths(My Class have been put into some really hard Maths straight away, which has been very interesting but very difficult)
3.Geography(The Lectures have been quite interesting and the work has been challenging at times)
4.Maths(I love Maths but the Lectures have been rubbish and the Maths has been incredibly boring, they were getting us to do Foundation GCSE questions at points like factorise 3x+9 and mentioning that 4-3=1 and x*1=x)
Hardest Subjects(1=hardest)
1.Further Maths(I'm great at Maths but you really can't compare Maths and Further Maths A-Level they are worlds apart in difficulty-everyone I talked to really struggled with it.)
2.Geography(It has been quite hard to understand the concepts about Geography)
3.Physics(Physics has been easy but there have been challenges that can be hard at times)
4.Maths(This subject has just been piss easy its as if the teachers have been taking the mick but I did get caught out once)
I haven't had lessons as easy as Maths A-Level since the start of Secondary School and I'm not kidding-they are teaching a lot of stuff that my teachers simply skipped out of the GCSE teaching because the topics are that easy.
After what has been happening I have been wondering whether Physics at Degree would be better for me because the lessons have either been boring(Maths) or hard(Further Maths) and I have been more interested by Physics.However, the Further Maths lesson was Pure Physics so this maybe not a great idea.
How much work are you guys doing on top of classes and homework? My school recommends between 3 and 4.5 hours per subject per week, and I want to do really well this year to take pressure off me in A2s, so I'm aiming for the higher end of the spectrum, but I still feel like I'm not doing enough...
Original post by techno836
I don't think i could argue for 2 hours :lol:

It's lunch then last lesson :tongue:

Reallt weird!

Have to talk less, I'm so easily identify.
Literally dying tonight with the amount of work I'm doing :tongue:
Just spent like 3 hours on maths and now finally moving on to trying to revise Bio for the test tomorrow
WHEN WILL IT END? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4886
It's lunch then last lesson :tongue:

Reallt weird!

Have to talk less, I'm so easily identify.

Ohhh that is rather a late dinner :redface:

What do you mean? :/
Ohhh that is rather a late dinner :redface:

What do you mean? :/

I know! 1:30 and my stomach is like GRRRRR!

And I'm easily identifiable through this information so I'll shut up about school specifics :tongue:
Reply 4888
I know! 1:30 and my stomach is like GRRRRR!

And I'm easily identifiable through this information so I'll shut up about school specifics :tongue:

Ohhh I don't think many people here know you

Or are you concerned about the other way around :lol:

I believe you :O mine is like that 12 ... And now my school is trying to force us to have 12:30 dinner :L
Ohhh I don't think many people here know you

Or are you concerned about the other way around :lol:

I believe you :O mine is like that 12 ... And now my school is trying to force us to have 12:30 dinner :L

People might find me here :wink:

:eek: I hate this structure :tongue: A*
Original post by Dalek1099
Ok everyone how has your AS Levels been going?
Please List your subjects under the following headings:
1.Physics(The Lectures have been really interesting and engaging and I have been finding Physics really interesting)
2.Further Maths(My Class have been put into some really hard Maths straight away, which has been very interesting but very difficult)
3.Geography(The Lectures have been quite interesting and the work has been challenging at times)
4.Maths(I love Maths but the Lectures have been rubbish and the Maths has been incredibly boring, they were getting us to do Foundation GCSE questions at points like factorise 3x+9 and mentioning that 4-3=1 and x*1=x)
1.Further Maths(I'm great at Maths but you really can't compare Maths and Further Maths A-Level they are worlds apart in difficulty-everyone I talked to really struggled with it.)
2.Geography(It has been quite hard to understand the concepts about Geography)
3.Physics(Physics has been easy but there have been challenges that can be hard at times)
4.Maths(This subject has just been piss easy its as if the teachers have been taking the mick but I did get caught out once)
I haven't had lessons as easy as Maths A-Level since the start of Secondary School and I'm not kidding-they are teaching a lot of stuff that my teachers simply skipped out of the GCSE teaching because the topics are that easy.
After what has been happening I have been wondering whether Physics at Degree would be better for me because the lessons have either been boring(Maths) or hard(Further Maths) and I have been more interested by Physics.However, the Further Maths lesson was Pure Physics so this maybe not a great idea.

1.Biology - love the subject, great teacher. There's definitely a lot to remember, but I do really find it interesting.
2.Geography - again, the subject interests me, and we have good teachers. Well, we have an amazing teacher for human geog, and quite a good teacher for physical geog, so it averages out :P
3.Chemistry - I do like chemistry but so far it's all fairly basic, and I like going into a lot of depth in my subjects. We do have a really good teacher though, and I'm looking forward to going into more depth.
4.Maths - I have absolutely nothing against maths - solving some equations is quite therapeutic when you've had a morning of practicals - I just prefer my other subjects.

These are in terms of current difficulty - maths and chemistry are easing us in gently by starting with topics we more or less covered at GCSE, so they're obviously seem quite a bit easier right now.

1. Biology - the concepts aren't too hard, it's just there's SO MUCH TO MEMORISE AND SO MANY LONG WORDS AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DROWNING HALP. No, but in all seriousness, A-level biology totally different from GCSE. A lot more enjoyable, yes, but definitely harder.
2. Chemistry - so far, chemistry hasn't actually been too hard, it's just occasionally a bit of a struggle getting my head around things at first, and I suppose it's harder than maths and geog.
3. Maths - at the moment we're covering topics I've already studied, whether at GCSE or in my own time, so it's not too bad yet. I've been reliably informed it gets worse though.
4. Geography - it doesn't feel like too much of a step up from GCSE, we covered the topics (in less detail) in year 8, and it's being taught well, so overall I'm finding it easy enough.
Reply 4891
Got so much homework this week, but it's only going to get worse so I;m trying to keep on top of it and do it pretty much as soon as I get it
Reply 4892
People might find me here :wink:

:eek: I hate this structure :tongue: A*

Haha I thought so :lol:

It does sound strange :redface:... That's a umm random A* :L
Reply 4893
so much homework i have no time to study for my self :angry:

haha we all have two frees at the end of wednesday (2:10-4:10), to do enrichment. I'm only doing the theatre backstage because I still have to wait for the bus to leave at 4:10. We went to the local town for a McDonalds today, it was top :tongue:
Reply 4895
I haven't had much homework yet, but then again I'm taking sciences so there's no essays!

Saying that I have a presentation to do for Friday in Chem, and a 90 minute piece of C2... Got most of that done in free today though!
Haha I thought so :lol:

It does sound strange :redface:... That's a umm random A* :L

Stupid keyboard!

So much pointless homework... But I've made sure that every day, I watch a film OR watch the equivalent on iPlayer :colone:
Original post by Georgiecat

1.Biology - love the subject, great teacher. There's definitely a lot to remember, but I do really find it interesting.
2.Geography - again, the subject interests me, and we have good teachers. Well, we have an amazing teacher for human geog, and quite a good teacher for physical geog, so it averages out :P
3.Chemistry - I do like chemistry but so far it's all fairly basic, and I like going into a lot of depth in my subjects. We do have a really good teacher though, and I'm looking forward to going into more depth.
4.Maths - I have absolutely nothing against maths - solving some equations is quite therapeutic when you've had a morning of practicals - I just prefer my other subjects.

These are in terms of current difficulty - maths and chemistry are easing us in gently by starting with topics we more or less covered at GCSE, so they're obviously seem quite a bit easier right now.

1. Biology - the concepts aren't too hard, it's just there's SO MUCH TO MEMORISE AND SO MANY LONG WORDS AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DROWNING HALP. No, but in all seriousness, A-level biology totally different from GCSE. A lot more enjoyable, yes, but definitely harder.
2. Chemistry - so far, chemistry hasn't actually been too hard, it's just occasionally a bit of a struggle getting my head around things at first, and I suppose it's harder than maths and geog.
3. Maths - at the moment we're covering topics I've already studied, whether at GCSE or in my own time, so it's not too bad yet. I've been reliably informed it gets worse though.
4. Geography - it doesn't feel like too much of a step up from GCSE, we covered the topics (in less detail) in year 8, and it's being taught well, so overall I'm finding it easy enough.

EXACTLY THE SAME HERE ABOUT BIOLOGY
I mean it's really cool and all but it feels kind of like last year I was taught to swim in the shallow end with armbands and they've suddenly chucked me into the deep end and expected me to be able to swim :frown: :frown: So much detail and so much depth and it all has to be learnt - think I might die :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4898
Stupid keyboard!

So much pointless homework... But I've made sure that every day, I watch a film OR watch the equivalent on iPlayer :colone:

ohh that makes more sense :lol:

so is your new school a boarding school ??

and i've done all of my homework as i've got it ... i spent 3 hours on M2 yesterday :rolleyes:

My maths teacher isn't here next Wednesday so she gave us a load of work to do in the lessons we would have her next week, i did it when i got in so now i have 2 extra frees next week :biggrin:
ohh that makes more sense :lol:

so is your new school a boarding school ??

and i've done all of my homework as i've got it ... i spent 3 hours on M2 yesterday :rolleyes:

My maths teacher isn't here next Wednesday so she gave us a load of work to do in the lessons we would have her next week, i did it when i got in so now i have 2 extra frees next week :biggrin:

Nope!

3 hours?! Also M2 already :holmes:

Latest