The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Options for little brother

Hey, so my little bro is in year 10 right now and at a not very well known private tutor college in London (he got bullied at previous private school so had to move). He would like to move to a normal school in sixth form, and is thinking about both boarding and day schools. We live in Notting Hill in W London. He's very academic (on track for all A*s at GCSE) and loves cricket and football. The list of schools at the moment is:

St Paul's
Latymer Upper
Westminster

Winchester
Eton
Wellington

Please let me know whether there would be any others to try out for which are similar to these, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Most of the London boarding and day schools for both single and mixed sex hold high reputations. I would personally consider looking into single sex schools as the focus is more on teaching and learning and working together rather than a more free range social allowance with mixed sex schools.

What is your brother looking to study?
Reply 2
Latin, English, Maths and Biology.
Hi,
bully the people who bully your brother just moving school isn't the option i wouldn't i would deal with those people lol and I was thinking Eton maybe latymer was best i was also thinking i can't sit down and revise it sounds stupid but i don't know why I cant
Original post by englishrose_18
Hey, so my little bro is in year 10 right now and at a not very well known private tutor college in London (he got bullied at previous private school so had to move). He would like to move to a normal school in sixth form, and is thinking about both boarding and day schools. We live in Notting Hill in W London. He's very academic (on track for all A*s at GCSE) and loves cricket and football. The list of schools at the moment is:

St Paul's
Latymer Upper
Westminster

Winchester
Eton
Wellington

Please let me know whether there would be any others to try out for which are similar to these, thanks :smile:

Why are you doing this? Shouldn't your brother be asking the questions?

Why are you deciding his future for him? He needs to stand on his own feed and make choices on his own!!
Don't bother with Eton or Winchester- My brother goes to Eton and apparently you can't apply for sixth form because everybody starts in year 9. Or something like that. Plus it's really pretentious and stuck-up, so it's not the best if you're looking for a 'normal' school

And why doesn't your brother decide for himself? I'm just curious
Original post by Ammar husain
Hi,
bully the people who bully your brother just moving school isn't the option i wouldn't i would deal with those people lol and I was thinking Eton maybe latymer was best i was also thinking i can't sit down and revise it sounds stupid but i don't know why I cant

Look at my reply to the thread and you'll see why Eton's not so great
Reply 7
Original post by englishrose_18

St Paul's
Latymer Upper
Westminster

Winchester
Eton
Wellington

None of these are normal schools, I could only dream about going to one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest