The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Shut up. Sarcasm not needed. Fool.
Reply 2322
I personally found it a hard paper. I think I messed up on the emf questions.

What did everyone put for the time taken if the capacitance was increased? And the brightness?

Also I thought section A was hit and miss. Had to guess some of the questions because I ran out of time!

Definitely better than January though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franko06
I personally found it a hard paper. I think I messed up on the emf questions.

What did everyone put for the time taken if the capacitance was increased? And the brightness?

Also I thought section A was hit and miss. Had to guess some of the questions because I ran out of time!

Definitely better than January though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You talking about unit 4?

Wrong thread :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2324
so does the light do TIR or not?
Reply 2325
Just pray to allah
Ressurecting this thread from the TSR grave, I know, but how did everyone do? I'm curious to know whether everyones answer to the poll was accurate or not.
120 UMS!
I got 90 ums! went into results hall expecting about 60, I was so happy about it (still retaking it next year though)
Reply 2329
Original post by lebron_23
Ressurecting this thread from the TSR grave, I know, but how did everyone do? I'm curious to know whether everyones answer to the poll was accurate or not.

Expected 120, got 108. Getting my scripts back though.
Reply 2330
120!
112 UMS, was hoping for 116 so pretty pleased. If I hadn't resat this I wouldn't have got my B overall, and possibly not got my place at uni, so chuffed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my paper back, marked like utter crap. Calculation answers identical to the mark scheme that have just been given 0s.

Sadly I just scraped a B overall due to my coursework, and I don't trust the muppets not to mark it down even further if I sent for a remark. Else I would. :-/
Reply 2333
Original post by spleenharvester
Got my paper back, marked like utter crap. Calculation answers identical to the mark scheme that have just been given 0s.

Sadly I just scraped a B overall due to my coursework, and I don't trust the muppets not to mark it down even further if I sent for a remark. Else I would. :-/

If it truly is marked wrong, send it for a remark. you have your script, show it to your physics teacher and they will tell you how many marks you can go up by.
Reply 2334

That's a bit stupid of you... If it's incorrect marking, then remark it - that's what they're for.
Yeah but tbh a few marks I was given in the longer questions were slightly borderline, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk of being marked down to AAC overall.

I'd get it remarked then! They can't possibly mark it down further if there are questions that you are certain that you have gotten correct!

I was 1 UMS mark off an A overall, and 2 raw marks off an A on PHYA2, so I thought I'd get my paper back too, turns out mine was marked perfectly, so there was no chance for a remark :frown:

But yeah, if I was in your situation, I'd have gotten a remark for sure.
120/120 ums here! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending