The Student Room Group

QUB re-consideration thread- August 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaronVonTurtle
The reserve list is the official waiting list once anyone with an offer for elsewhere or who didnt get the grades have been taken off

Ah yes, i get you now. Well i'd be pretty surprised if the 10 people before me in the list would all get their grades AND decide to stick with queen's, it's a nice thought, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Honestly all the best with this, if you're feeling anything like me you also want this to be over asap. Please let us know if you hear anything and i'll do the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by awilson008
Ah yes, i get you now. Well i'd be pretty surprised if the 10 people before me in the list would all get their grades AND decide to stick with queen's, it's a nice thought, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Honestly all the best with this, if you're feeling anything like me you also want this to be over asap. Please let us know if you hear anything and i'll do the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been a while since I have visited this thread. But I am glad that my return is a good one. Congratulations on your success!

Very Well done!:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Goluck
It has been a while since I have visited this thread. But I am glad that my return is a good one. Congratulations on your success!

Very Well done!:smile:

Thank you very much friend! Seems like a long time ago when I first thought of having a possible second chance! :smile: see you this year! :biggrin:
I got in xD woo!
I wonder if anyone know the waiting list thing is over for international students?
Reply 65
I got in xD woo!

Excellent. Well done!
Reply 66
Well done to all those who were reconsidered!:smile:. I can imagine the difficulty you endured during this period of waiting - whether to wait patiently or to concentrate on another year. I thought all of you managed your situation quite well. I am sure you would be relived to a great extent now.
Reply 67
Original post by ivanhoifung
I wonder if anyone know the waiting list thing is over for international students?

Firstly, sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything yet.

Secondly, Can I ask you what you have done regarding this?

In case not done, I would suggest you to contact them to see if they are still accepting new students. You do not necessarily need to specify your details, you can politely request them as a general enquiry.

If you know any of your (school etc.)friends (internationals) I mean in the same situation, what are they doing?, have they got any news?
Reply 68
Original post by awilson008
Thank you very much friend! Seems like a long time ago when I first thought of having a possible second chance! :smile: see you this year! :biggrin:

You are welcome!:smile: Looking forward to see you as well!
Original post by Goluck
Firstly, sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything yet.

Secondly, Can I ask you what you have done regarding this?

In case not done, I would suggest you to contact them to see if they are still accepting new students. You do not necessarily need to specify your details, you can politely request them as a general enquiry.

If you know any of your (school etc.)friends (internationals) I mean in the same situation, what are they doing?, have they got any news?

Thanks for the reply lol (you are the only who gave me a replied)

Well since I am a graduate student. I am looking for other routes such as finding a job or a master. But I tried to send e-mails to Queen's to ask for things about the waiting list but they didn't give me a single reply which kind of pisses me off. And unfortunately I don't know anyone applying to Queen's and that is why I hope to ask here to see if there is anyone in the same situation as me.

Well I guess its too late now because the new semester is starting pretty soon right?
Reply 70
Thanks for the reply lol (you are the only who gave me a replied)

Well since I am a graduate student. I am looking for other routes such as finding a job or a master. But I tried to send e-mails to Queen's to ask for things about the waiting list but they didn't give me a single reply which kind of pisses me off. And unfortunately I don't know anyone applying to Queen's and that is why I hope to ask here to see if there is anyone in the same situation as me.

Well I guess its too late now because the new semester is starting pretty soon right?

Sorry to hear that you that your messages are not answered at all. But it's still nice to see that you have been trying. Keep trying tho! you might get a reply. Just to add on I personally feel that student room is the apt place to ask as you are more likely to find all sorts of applicants as members here. I think you are doing the right thing to start an another year according to your plans. I am not sure if you are thinking about reapplying but you can consider doing that at some point as well.

I believe that the reconsideration process has started already but I am not sure if this was done for the International students. I think they have decided to contact students as soon as a vacancy comes up and that could probably be why they are not answering any queries related to reconsideration beforehand.

Although there is not much time left before the start, I am sure that their aim is to fill all the places irrespective of Home/International.

Do you think your ranking is close enough to the last person's who got in?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Goluck
Sorry to hear that you that your messages are not answered at all. But it's still nice to see that you have been trying. Keep trying tho! you might get a reply. Just to add on I personally feel that student room is the apt place to ask as you are more likely to find all sorts of applicants as members here. I think you are doing the right thing to start an another year according to your plans. I am not sure if you are thinking about reapplying but you can consider doing that at some point as well.

I believe that the reconsideration process has started already but I am not sure if this was done for the International students. I think they have decided to contact students as soon as a vacancy comes up and that could probably be why they are not answering any queries related to reconsideration beforehand.

Although there is not much time left before the start, I am sure that their aim is to fill all the places irrespective of Home/International.

Do you think your ranking is close enough to the last person's who got in?

Well, I tried to ask them for my rank but they didn't give me that as well so I cannot tell

I guess you're right, all I can do is keep asking and wait patiently while doing things that I meant to do for now lol
Reply 72
Well, I tried to ask them for my rank but they didn't give me that as well so I cannot tell

I guess you're right, all I can do is keep asking and wait patiently while doing things that I meant to do for now lol

Seems quite strange to me. As far as I know, upon request all the candidates who didn't get through post interview got their rankings.

But I guess waiting is the only option for now.

Anyways, Good luck! Do keep an eye on this thread and the main one as well. :smile:
Reply 73
Just a quick note to all those who might view this thread, although it's named August candidates started to hear from the beginning of September onwards for the year 2013.
Original post by Goluck
Seems quite strange to me. As far as I know, upon request all the candidates who didn't get through post interview got their rankings.

But I guess waiting is the only option for now.

Anyways, Good luck! Do keep an eye on this thread and the main one as well. :smile:

Thanks! I will keep everyone updated if I receive anything from them :smile:
I got in xD woo!

Hi There

I was just wondering how did you find out that you got it? did they phone you? I am number 417 after interview and not sure if I will be able to make it to the final cut. Any help would be great :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by ashu12345678
Hi There

I was just wondering how did you find out that you got it? did they phone you? I am number 417 after interview and not sure if I will be able to make it to the final cut. Any help would be great :smile:

I think they received a phone call but either way they will notify you if you are up there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending