The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Anon 8 - cheers for asking hun

We went to the GP on Tuesday and was told it's just a cold and nothing to worry about. Even though it has been going on for a while. Apparently it's just "one of those things". His immunisations have been postponed till Tuesday next week.

by the way how is your little one? :smile: x
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Anon 8 - cheers for asking hun

We went to the GP on Tuesday and was told it's just a cold and nothing to worry about. Even though it has been going on for a while. Apparently it's just "one of those things". His immunisations have been postponed till Tuesday next week.

by the way how is your little one? :smile: x

Good to get checked out & delay imms though - it does sound like it's been going on a while but pleased to hear all ok at the mo. I think older toddlers really boost (!) baby immune systems by bringing all the germs home. I'm sure I'm going to freak out when Baby gets her first - even though I've done the 'it's a virus' speech to billions of parents - totally different when it's your own! :tongue:

Things are improving generally here - now 4 months. Super-cranky a few days after 16 week imms but starting to feel much more rewarding as although feeding is still a big issue (reflux-y etc.) she is a big smiler :biggrin: even gave the nurse a big one & babbling more & more.

Apparently people say first 6 months of maternity leave are tough & the next 6 fabulous - so hope so! Although starting to try to make arrangements for going back to work... :bawling:

Any generic childcare advice from experienced Mums?
I second pmp only way I knew was being exhausted all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1123
Scott kept me up 'til 4 last night for no good reason. First time he's ever done that and he's 8 weeks old now. He can definitely tell night from day and has been able to since he was a couple of weeks old... He's been sleeping most of today but is completely conked out at the moment. Time to make the most of it I think! Luckily my partner isn't working tomorrow so he will sit up with the lad if he needs to. Sleeeep now!
I cannot help but do that thing where every little thing I notice might be a symptom. Sigh. Really need to just stop thinking about it.
Morning sickness well and truly kicked in; can't keep down anything I eat before 12 and getting nausea throughout the day. 8 weeks and one day! And looks like my booking in appointment will be at ten weeks exactly :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Morning sickness well and truly kicked in; can't keep down anything I eat before 12 and getting nausea throughout the day. 8 weeks and one day! And looks like my booking in appointment will be at ten weeks exactly :biggrin:

That was me. Anon :angry:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1380443456.383871.jpg Ella first day at school x

Posted from TSR Mobile
how're you feeling madders?

HRH ella looks so grown up! bet you were so proud! :smile:

Well my kids birthdays are over with for another year. Lydia is 8 now it's insane. She got a computer (second hand, as was the desk and chair, but she doesn't know that - she thinks it's all new :

Well my kids birthdays are over with for another year. Lydia is 8 now it's insane. She got a computer (second hand, as was the desk and chair, but she doesn't know that - she thinks it's all new :

Ahh, she looks sooooo happy! She will remember that moment forever I am sure. Happy 8th Birthday Lydia! I cannot believe she is 8, that is crazy. I hope things are well with you. :smile:

Hope all the pregnant ladies are feeling well! x

I'm ok thanks! Can't believe it'll be ten weeks on Tuesday, it's going really quick! Got my booking in on Tuesday too, excited :biggrin: parents are dealing with it; my mum's really excited and my dad wants to be but he's still struggling a bit. I'm back to uni tomorrow; excited but nervous.

Awh she looks so happy!

Hope everyone's doing well.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm ok thanks! Can't believe it'll be ten weeks on Tuesday, it's going really quick! Got my booking in on Tuesday too, excited :biggrin: parents are dealing with it; my mum's really excited and my dad wants to be but he's still struggling a bit. I'm back to uni tomorrow; excited but nervous.

Awh she looks so happy!

Hope everyone's doing well.

One day I will learn to turn anonymous off.
Hi all my little girl is 8 months old now can't believe how quick this year has gone! She's a great baby so far, she suffered with reflux at first but she seems ok now. Hope everyone is well!

image.jpg

Here she is on her christening day x
Original post by dita_parlo
Hi all my little girl is 8 months old now can't believe how quick this year has gone! She's a great baby so far, she suffered with reflux at first but she seems ok now. Hope everyone is well!

image.jpg

She is gorgeous x
aww dita she's so cute!

Can I get some opinions on what this might be? It started growing last November just after he recovered from chicken pox. Twice it has been knocked off and bleeds a lot, and then just disappeared as though it was never there, and then a couple of months later it grew back again.

Wart?

Think I'm gonna ring up the docs in the morning because it's bothering me now.

He says it doesn't hurt, but obviously he doesn't want it on his face.
aww dita she's so cute!

Can I get some opinions on what this might be? It started growing last November just after he recovered from chicken pox. Twice it has been knocked off and bleeds a lot, and then just disappeared as though it was never there, and then a couple of months later it grew back again.

Wart?

Think I'm gonna ring up the docs in the morning because it's bothering me now.

He says it doesn't hurt, but obviously he doesn't want it on his face.

From the side it looks like some sort of wart, but I'm not sure. Probably best to get an experts view on it.
Original post by meenu89
Nice to see you post again, although you may not remember me :smile:
Your daughter is sooo cute xx

I think you have quoted the wrong person :tongue:
Original post by Annie72
I think you have quoted the wrong person :tongue:

Yes, so I have!
Original post by dita_parlo

image.jpg

Your daughter is soo cute xx Nice to see you post here again (Hopefully you'll remember me).
I'm sorry chibisa I don't understand.

I assume you're pregnant and need a doctor for some reason? I hope you find what you're looking for and get the health assistance you're wanting. Congratulations on the pregnancy.
First scan is a week tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest