The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Saw someone else post about their favourite subjects so I will go and do that now (sorry for editing, I accidentally pressed send.)

Most Enjoyable Subjects (1 = favourite)

1. Spanish! Love the content of the lesson and my main teacher is fantastic, she explains things well yet also pushes us to understand complex things. I already love being able to use my Spanish more than before and find languages mesmerizing.
2. French - although some things are harder than Spanish, I still love it because it's varied every lesson and it's really cross-curricular too for different things. The class is quite small and it always feels relaxed.
3. English Literature. I find it really interesting but at the moment we're studying plays and I'm not a huge fan of Shakespeare, although I'm still ok at analysing most things. I think when we move onto studying the novels it's going to be amazing!
4. English Language - It's easy but feels like a load of facts being put together, although my teachers are good so it's ok.

Hardest Subjects (1 = hardest)
1. French. The grammar is quite complicated and because I've not studied French as long as Spanish sometimes I feel like I'm behind. But this week I have been doing a lot of independent study of the tenses and it's paid off, so I'm happy with that.
2. English Literature - I think analysing stuff is fairly easy once we've gone through things, but initially I sometimes feel unsure because of the Shakespearean language; sometimes you really have to think a lot about what things mean.
3. Spanish. Not my easiest subject, but I find it considerably easier than French. I think the teachers are better at explaining, but I also feel much more spontaneous with Spanish when I talk - I can come up with things much easier than French. I'm really glad that it's going well so far!
4. English Language - As I said before, it's just learning lots of facts and terminology. There are a lot but they're not particularly complex and I feel like although it's not as enjoyable as anything else, I feel more confident that I'll do well...
(edited 10 years ago)
Feeling like a boss - aced my Bio test today :cool:
Thought I was struggling but apparently not :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4922
Original post by techno836
Ahhhh I hated lenses at GCSE :rolleyes: glad i'm not doing that :lol: I think all of OCR:A AS is mechanics or kinematics :lol:

Yeah it's stupid, nobody likes it! Unit 3 and 4 are more interesting, Quantum mechanics and space/time, but the first 2 units suck :frown:
Reply 4923
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah it's stupid, nobody likes it! Unit 3 and 4 are more interesting, Quantum mechanics and space/time, but the first 2 units suck :frown:

I won't be doing A2 physics :nah: Maths, Chemistry and Biology will be My A2's :yep:
Reply 4924
I won't be doing A2 physics :nah: Maths, Chemistry and Biology will be My A2's :yep:

Sorry, didn't mean A2! There are 4 units in the AS course for us, then another 4 in A2 :wink:
Well, I didn't think i'd get pulled up for late/poor quality Math homework (which by the way being set every day for the next day is ridiculous), i'm also struggling somewhat with C1, and to think Math was my strongest subject in GCSE since I did get A*AA in the exams, it also gets harder :afraid: I haven't felt this stupid in aaaaaagessss.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4926
Original post by Tibbz2
Sorry, didn't mean A2! There are 4 units in the AS course for us, then another 4 in A2 :wink:

Oh dear :redface: :lol:
So on Wednesday, I started AS World Development. I know it isn't the most respected A Level, but I am proud that I am able to try and get a good grade in this a year earlier than most do. I love my class - it is small and full of people I like. Likewise, the teacher I have is also one I like and get on well with.
Reply 4928
You started on that :redface: and it's not so hard .. i like using pascals triangle :biggrin:

We started just on basic algebra skills, have an entrance test next friday :rolleyes:

Is it bad that we started on that...? :colondollar: Yeah I found it a piece of cake, but honestly some people in my group struggled with it and they looked like they weren't enjoying it at all. :frown: I sit behind this girl in Decision and she's so bloody hot so I made sure I sat behind her in my Core. (We have the same group, but different a teacher/room for Decision/Core) :cool:

Hahaha, good luck! Would hate to do an entrance test. :wink:
HA only one hour for maths tonight - I'm on fire :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4930
Really don't get how we are supposed to do so much extra reading/work excluding lessons and homework, I get home pull out my books and it takes me 10 minutes to go over each lesson? HELP :s-smilie:
Ah, today was so boring :frown:
Original post by Lucas.
I sit behind this girl in Decision and she's so bloody hot so I made sure I sat behind her in my Core. (We have the same group, but different a teacher/room for Decision/Core) :cool:

There's two in my class :wink:
Sadly, one of them moved college and she was like my welcome buddy :')
Still sit next to the hottest potential doctor in the making however :smug:

Our classes are just going over high end GCSE stuff I just wanna go in and get started :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ Damn you guys and your fearlessness of approaching attractive girls...
Reply 4934
Original post by Lucas.
Is it bad that we started on that...? :colondollar: Yeah I found it a piece of cake, but honestly some people in my group struggled with it and they looked like they weren't enjoying it at all. :frown: I sit behind this girl in Decision and she's so bloody hot so I made sure I sat behind her in my Core. (We have the same group, but different a teacher/room for Decision/Core) :cool:

Well Binomials in the MEI course is in UNit one chapter 6 or 7 i believe (after polynomials) ... And i find all of C1 easy,

Haha :lol: my school isn't the best for those 'hot' people I'd say there are 2 or 3 Good looking ones in my year and like 5 in year 11 :rolleyes:
Original post by Lucas.

Hot in what way:eek::colone::biggrin::tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi guys, I'm 16 and I'm going to a college where more than half of the people seem to be adults (well, nearly all the people I managed to talk with were). It's been a week and I haven't had a conversation that is longer than 1 min
On the other hand, the lessons are not as bad. Anybody here doing Lancastrians, Yorkists and Tudors in AS History? I wanted to do some more modern stuff with more politics like WWII, Russia,... but this turned out to be pretty interesting
Reply 4937
Well Binomials in the MEI course is in UNit one chapter 6 or 7 i believe (after polynomials) ... And i find all of C1 easy

You do MEI too? :awesome:How far you gotten into it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you consider homework part of the extra work you're meant to do outside class?

Latest