Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by jennyxsue
Ahaha same here!
I'm quite nervous actually.. :redface: I don't know anyone at QM. I'm going to some meet up at Mile End station tomorrow so hopefully I'll meet someone else on our course ^^ how about you?

I don't really know anyone at QM besides my sister (she's in third year biochem)
but I don't think it will be too bad, everyone else is in a similar position :smile:
Are you going to enrol on the weekend?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by shalla13
Anyone studying French with Management ? :smile:

I'm doing straight French :smile: have you found anything relating to modules or timetables?
Original post by shannons-chateau
I'm doing straight French :smile: have you found anything relating to modules or timetables?

Hey ! Yeah just go on the Linguistcs department welcome week page and choose your programme on there and you'll find your timetable :smile: Its probably going to be the same as ours.
Reply 343
Original post by Zoeelizabethxo
I'm doing Zoology, so we'll have some of the same modules. Not found anyone doing the same or bio related subjects yet. :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Genetics! :biggrin: Whoop!!
Reply 344
On the enrollment page on the Mysis it says "The main QM Enrolment period takes place from 14 - 25 September 2013 but there are some exceptions. Students are allocated a particular date and time slot within this period according to their school/programme and level of study."

I'm doing Genetics so when does our enrollment take place? I thought enrollment was the same for all students, starting from 16th (if you don't do the weekend enrollment)??
I went on the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences' site and it's got the welcome week timetable for us.
I'm so confused, I don't know what to follow :frown:

Also, that tuition fee invoice email that I got says I need to show proof of how I'm gonna pay my fees by 14th. But I thought we show our letter from SFE when we enroll, which is on the 16th. ?? :frown:
Reply 345
Original post by sahjan
On the enrollment page on the Mysis it says "The main QM Enrolment period takes place from 14 - 25 September 2013 but there are some exceptions. Students are allocated a particular date and time slot within this period according to their school/programme and level of study."

I'm doing Genetics so when does our enrollment take place? I thought enrollment was the same for all students, starting from 16th (if you don't do the weekend enrollment)??
I went on the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences' site and it's got the welcome week timetable for us.
I'm so confused, I don't know what to follow :frown:

Also, that tuition fee invoice email that I got says I need to show proof of how I'm gonna pay my fees by 14th. But I thought we show our letter from SFE when we enroll, which is on the 16th. ?? :frown:

You should be able to find info on enrolment here :smile:
http://www.qmul.ac.uk/studentinduction/first-weeks/induction/index.html

BTW, if someone can't register their modules, it might be because all first year modules are compulsory for them. I don't get any choices this year, so you can just look up the course on Queen Mary's website and see the structure.
Reply 346
Has anyone that's been able to pick modules had them confirmed yet/got their personal timetable on Mysis?
Original post by .sophia
Has anyone that's been able to pick modules had them confirmed yet/got their personal timetable on Mysis?

Don't expect that for a while................though on the specific day you start with a introduction day they should hand you a folder with your name on it and all details, including a personal timetable..........but timetables can change in the first few weeks if issues arise.
Reply 348
Original post by Iqbal007
Don't expect that for a while................though on the specific day you start with a introduction day they should hand you a folder with your name on it and all details, including a personal timetable..........but timetables can change in the first few weeks if issues arise.

Oh alright, thanks. Yeah, I'll just be patient. What do you mean by 'issues'?
Original post by .sophia
Oh alright, thanks. Yeah, I'll just be patient. What do you mean by 'issues'?

if different modules clash or rooms unavailable or additional classes
Reply 350
I got email about tuition fees but if you're getting a loan from student loan company it says this:

"If you are in receipt of tuition fee support from the Student Loan Company (SLC), this invoice is for information purposes only, however you will need to provide the Finance Department with a copy of your Student Finance Notification Letter"

I don't know which letter they mean :\ I thought we only got a confirmation letter on what we can get after the university has confirmed that we are enrolled.
Reply 351
Original post by IzzyOak
I got email about tuition fees but if you're getting a loan from student loan company it says this:

"If you are in receipt of tuition fee support from the Student Loan Company (SLC), this invoice is for information purposes only, however you will need to provide the Finance Department with a copy of your Student Finance Notification Letter"

I don't know which letter they mean :\ I thought we only got a confirmation letter on what we can get after the university has confirmed that we are enrolled.

If you mean the letter that states when, and in what installments, the tuition loan will be paid then that's the one QMUL are asking for.
What do we need to take as proof of results for enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 353
apart from the freshers pass what other freshers tickets have people bought?
Is anyone going to the pre freshers party?
Reply 355
Original post by Paulinam123
Is anyone going to the pre freshers party?

when's this?
Original post by iaqdas
when's this?

Tonight i think
Reply 357
Hey,
Anybody doing Politics? :smile:
Original post by oliviarheya
What do we need to take as proof of results for enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should have allocated you a time........its in the octagon, which is a room within queens building(the big fancy olden style buidling)
Reply 359
Original post by Vian
If you mean the letter that states when, and in what installments, the tuition loan will be paid then that's the one QMUL are asking for.

I had to change my student finance details online as I got into QM through clearing. But SFE hasn't sent me a new confirmation letter with QM info and how much I will be paid. Do I just take the old letter with the name of the other uni with me on enrolment day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending