The Student Room Group

Do girls want to pull in clubs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5hane
If you ignore all the guys, and don't approach anyone... How do you meet new guys? :s-smilie: Genuine question.

Sorry I've only just seen that you quoted me! :frown: ahh I just talk to people :smile: I don't go out of my way to talk to guys.. like I met my current boyfriend in school as he was in all my lessons and we got talking :smile:
Pull as in kiss yes back in the day, but I would have never went home with them.

Slightly hypocritical but meh I was young. :dontknow:
No, I don't go out to pull, just to have a good night out dancing and having a drink with my friends :smile:

As for approaching guys, definitely not. I'm quite a friendly drunk and don't mind talking to people but if I see a guy I found attractive, I wouldn't have the confidence to go up to him. :p:
Reply 23
I go for the dancing and getting drunk and fun time, but if there's a guy there who's interested and I find them attractive I'll get with them. Then when the night's over if they want my number I give it to them and we can meet up again for a drink or whatever. I wouldn't go back to theirs - simply because I'm paranoid about going off alone strangers. :tongue:

I don't usually approach guys cause I'm stupidly shy at first but once a conversation is flowing I don't mind taking control from there.
women know in seconds if they like u ..
Funnily enough, I've never tried to pull a girl before (having a ons isn't really something I'm interested in) but I've had a couple of girls trying to pull me this year XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by when she was 22
The last time I pulled, it was in Subway afterwards, hahaha. I remember sitting next to the guy and thinking "he is pretty fit..." and then just leaning over and kissing him. Wish my normal self was that forward :colone:

SUCH a shame you didn't go home with him afterwards. Imagine all the jokes...'I enjoyed a footlong that night...the sandwich was good too.' :colone:

Anyway, to answer OP, I don't personally and the idea doesn't appeal to me at all. Though I have a few friends who go out with the main intention of pulling. :redface:
Only for girls?
Reply 28
Original post by therisenmitten
No, never.
I normally just want to dance with my friends and pushy guys get really annoying! Sometimes I make friends with people, like I talk to them at the bar, but I never actually want to "pull" them.

I don't like the whole "meat market" environment and prefer to meet guys in other places.

I often hear that, but I'm none the wiser as to where these other places are? Out of interest where do girls prefer to meet guys if not on a night out?
It takes two to Tango, when you see people getting with one another in clubs the girl is usually kissing the guy back so yes some girls do want to pull.

I personally don't go to a club to pull when I get drunk I turn into an absolute chatter box I chat to loads of people but I always say I have a boyfriend so from the onset its clear its just a friendly chat. I got with a guy once in a club 3 years ago when I had just broken up with my ex and all my friends told me to rebound and it was disgusting, I don't find snogging strangers a turn on at all.

I don't think you need to go home or kiss somebody to meet new guys. I met my current boyfriend in a club and I wouldn't kiss him at all I very standoffish in that sense but as a result we ended up having a really long chat and me giving him my number, if I just had just got with him straight away I don't think we would have exchanged numbers and I don't think we would have ended up in a relationship !
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
can't say i ever particularly have gone out specifically to pull, if i go out with my friends it's because i want to see them, not because i want to waste the night with some stranger.

having said that, some of my other girl friends seem to have this intention quite often (which is rather annoying for the rest of us who just want to have a friends night).

i'd say it depends on the girl, the location, and how drunk she is if you ever want a girl to approach a guy

speaking as a 100% female.
Due to the sheer volume of people, the level of noise and the fact that women are already expecting guys to make an approach makes nightclubs, generally, a bad place more most guys.

Whilst I'm not ruling out the option above, try to improve on your ability to strike up and sustain a conversation.
As a male former student that now doesn't primarily go out in student digs, the notion of getting intimate with a complete stranger is a bit disconcerting. They could be absolutely anyone. As a student, everyone else is pretty much a student too and intentions are usually innocent.

Now if I'm out with a friend or a friend of a friend that I fancy, I might try it on there. But I probably wouldn't go for strangers any more and nor would I expect a stranger to go for me.
I don't believe in sex before marriage and think all discos should be closed down.

How can you grind against a man while dancing? Do you not get embarrassed?
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I don't believe in sex before marriage and think all discos should be closed down.

Surely you're not serious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
When I used to go clubbing when I was younger (Id go clubbing pretty much every week between the ages of 17 and 21) Id go to have a few drinks and dance with my friends. I never went out with the intention of "pulling" but I had guys approach me and Id kiss/swop numbers with them if I was single and attracted to them but that was as far as I went (ONS have never been my thing). Im sure theres girls who do go out to pull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.anne
SUCH a shame you didn't go home with him afterwards. Imagine all the jokes...'I enjoyed a footlong that night...the sandwich was good too.' :colone:

:lol: oh god that is genius!

I'd +1 but apparently I have to rate some other members first :s-smilie:
Reply 37
Original post by Anythingoo1
:lol: oh god that is genius!

I'd +1 but apparently I have to rate some other members first :s-smilie:

Haha :lol: No worries! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go out a lot, but I've never got with a guy in a club and don't intend to either, don't see the appeal.
I don't really understand girls who make a massive distinction between any other sexual activity and making out - surely kissing is just a precursor to other stuff? So if you don't like doing things with a stranger you wouldn't want to kiss them either.
Reply 39
When I go out girls come and dance with me. I suppose that's the great thing about being good looking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending