The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
What's up? :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Do you have things you can do to distract yourself?

My boyfriends cameras working again so hes gonna keep an eye on me over night :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7421
Original post by superwolf
Oh god, my mum's sewing machine is impossible! :tongue: I've got one of my own now that I've more or less got figured out (although I did break a needle on like the first day I used it :colondollar:), but yeah... you have my sympathies! Do you know the model number or manufacturer? You could try googling it or look for tutorials on youtube, or even writing to the manufacturer and asking if they have a spare manual. What costume is it you're making, or haven't you decided yet?

Knitting and crochet can also be good fun - I can recommend you a few books if you're interested. :smile:

It's a really old Toyota one, not sure of the model because I'm in bed and it's downstairs but I've looked it up online and can't find the manual anywhere.

This time around we are doing a group Red Dwarf cosplay, with my boyfriend as Rimmer from the Quarantine episode (Mr Flibble is very cross!) so I'm making him a red gingham dress from a pattern my auntie is going to cut for me. I haven't decided on my cosplay yet. Might not even be able to come up with anything interesting from Red Dwarf!

I like sewing and want to do more. I would really like a new machine of my own though. I'm rubbish at knitting and crochet though, my brain just can't get the hang of it.
Original post by HmMusic
It's a really old Toyota one, not sure of the model because I'm in bed and it's downstairs but I've looked it up online and can't find the manual anywhere.

This time around we are doing a group Red Dwarf cosplay, with my boyfriend as Rimmer from the Quarantine episode (Mr Flibble is very cross!) so I'm making him a red gingham dress from a pattern my auntie is going to cut for me. I haven't decided on my cosplay yet. Might not even be able to come up with anything interesting from Red Dwarf!

I like sewing and want to do more. I would really like a new machine of my own though. I'm rubbish at knitting and crochet though, my brain just can't get the hang of it.

I didn't even know Toyota did sewing machines. :tongue: If you wanted a new one, the one I got is from Ikea and cost £45 - does all your standard stitches and works fine for me (although I couldn't tell you about if you wanted to do more complicated stuff). :smile:

Aw I used to love Red Dwarf! The Cat used to have some pretty awesome outfits, you could try being him. Or if you're feeling very creative, be a scutter!
Reply 7423
I didn't even know Toyota did sewing machines. :tongue: If you wanted a new one, the one I got is from Ikea and cost £45 - does all your standard stitches and works fine for me (although I couldn't tell you about if you wanted to do more complicated stuff). :smile:

Aw I used to love Red Dwarf! The Cat used to have some pretty awesome outfits, you could try being him. Or if you're feeling very creative, be a scutter!

I think the plan is to transform the pram into a skutter somehow. I could try cat, the trouble is I only have the hair for Lister now. I thought about Holly but that would mean making a screen for my head and I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of me!
Original post by HmMusic

Are you gonna make Scott a costume as well? :ninja: I'm sure you could make him a mini Red Dwarf costume... It'd be ridiculously cute. Red Dwarf is very good. :yep:
Original post by HmMusic
I think the plan is to transform the pram into a skutter somehow. I could try cat, the trouble is I only have the hair for Lister now. I thought about Holly but that would mean making a screen for my head and I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of me!

Oh yeah, I forgot you had dreads. Holly could be good though - you could just wear all black/a burqa from the neck down, or else wear a bunch of cardboard boxes made to look like a computer bank?
Reply 7426
Oh yeah, I forgot you had dreads. Holly could be good though - you could just wear all black/a burqa from the neck down, or else wear a bunch of cardboard boxes made to look like a computer bank?

We've done the whole covered in cardboard boxes thing before - last October my friend went as the Tower of Pimps from Rooster Teeth's Minecraft videos...

Spoiler

It was impossible to navigate him around although it was very funny. Holly in cardboard boxes would have to be Cardboard Box Costume 2.0!
Original post by HmMusic
We've done the whole covered in cardboard boxes thing before - last October my friend went as the Tower of Pimps from Rooster Teeth's Minecraft videos...

Spoiler

It was impossible to navigate him around although it was very funny. Holly in cardboard boxes would have to be Cardboard Box Costume 2.0!

Hehe, well I say go for it - but then I'm not the one who'd be stuck inside all those boxes! :tongue:
sounds like I will actually (finally) be being assigned a new social/support worker by the people I spoke to this morning, which is good cause I have basically had minimal support since March which basically has sucked, so yeah, now may actually have someone who will help me with stuff which is good :smile:

also, minor thing, but I feel a bit better about my day cause I posted a rant/note about society on my facebook and people are liking/agreeing with it, which ain't much, but given often my rants just get people disagreeing with me/trolling, it's nice.

tired though cause sleep was a bit broken in the night, still suffering with whatever illness I have (0 energy, tired constantly, problems with hydration and stuff), but having blood tests for that next week so hopefully they can tell me whats wrong and help me with it.

and the big BIG bonus of Monday is that my girlfriend arrives to visit for a while, which is great, cause I miss her tons and I actually don't know how I managed this long without her! :love:

huge hugs to everyone here, I know I haven't posted in here for a while so I hope people are doing okay cause you guys really are awesome! :hugs:
Original post by SciFiRory
sounds like I will actually (finally) be being assigned a new social/support worker by the people I spoke to this morning, which is good cause I have basically had minimal support since March which basically has sucked, so yeah, now may actually have someone who will help me with stuff which is good :smile:

also, minor thing, but I feel a bit better about my day cause I posted a rant/note about society on my facebook and people are liking/agreeing with it, which ain't much, but given often my rants just get people disagreeing with me/trolling, it's nice.

tired though cause sleep was a bit broken in the night, still suffering with whatever illness I have (0 energy, tired constantly, problems with hydration and stuff), but having blood tests for that next week so hopefully they can tell me whats wrong and help me with it.

and the big BIG bonus of Monday is that my girlfriend arrives to visit for a while, which is great, cause I miss her tons and I actually don't know how I managed this long without her! :love:

huge hugs to everyone here, I know I haven't posted in here for a while so I hope people are doing okay cause you guys really are awesome! :hugs:

Hey Rory! :hugs:

Glad to hear about the good things - hope you get a good social worker, and that you have fun with your girlfriend. :wink: And fingers crossed your illness isn't long-term/serious.

I'm doing ok myself - dissertation deadline is scary but I'm making progress, and my mice and Rob are helping keep me sane. :smile:
Hey Rory! :hugs:

Glad to hear about the good things - hope you get a good social worker, and that you have fun with your girlfriend. :wink: And fingers crossed your illness isn't long-term/serious.

I'm doing ok myself - dissertation deadline is scary but I'm making progress, and my mice and Rob are helping keep me sane. :smile:

hey :h: :hugs:

thanks, I hope so too, be good to have someone to help me with stuff cause on my own I get in a right mess of things :redface: yeah, kinda worried about it cause my granddad has like a rare genetic form of diabetes :s-smilie: if it's not that my GP said it could be an underactive thyroid or a number of things I didn't understand, but apparently blood tests will let him know then he can sort out what can be done to help me!

good luck with your dissy! that's good :smile: really glad you are doing well!
Original post by Anonymous
hey :h: :hugs:

thanks, I hope so too, be good to have someone to help me with stuff cause on my own I get in a right mess of things :redface: yeah, kinda worried about it cause my granddad has like a rare genetic form of diabetes :s-smilie: if it's not that my GP said it could be an underactive thyroid or a number of things I didn't understand, but apparently blood tests will let him know then he can sort out what can be done to help me!

good luck with your dissy! that's good :smile: really glad you are doing well!

fecking auto-anon :colonhash:
Reply 7432
feeling a bit wobbly. can't really see time existing beyond therapy on Wednesday which is sort of ridiculous cos I know the world is going to keep spinning and all that jazz. am just having so many intrusive thoughts about it, and I'm not sure how I'll react when that period of time is over and stuff just keeps going. feels like that's the only thing I can think about cos adding anything else on top of it is just too overwhelming.

everything feels so shameful and dirty and horrible and I can't stop thinking about it. I need to continually talk it through and that makes me feel a bit more like I will actually be able to speak on Wednesday but also more shamey cos I'm making other people discuss it with me. and it's sort of improved by talking to multiple people about it cos it's less like I'm spilling ALL of the feelings at one person, but not totally made better.

Sultana
x

wanted to say thanks again for being awesome last night. my thought processes keep being turned a bit different midway, and a bit more objective and less self-hating. hope you're doing OK, I'm here if you ever want to talk. :hugs:
Reply 7433
I've had a crap morning, saw my care coordinator from the hospital, getting a bit closer to a possible diagnosis, but I also had an argument with my partner and I really really want to go out. I might take Scott out for a walk and get some photos developed, and I also want to get a new journal and some picture frames. Might go for a walk and clear my head but after the argument I am feeling so fragile I almost felt like I wanted to go back to hospital. I'll see how I end up feeling after he has another feed.
Reply 7434
Feeling really really wobbly. Bleh. :cry2:
Original post by HmMusic
I've had a crap morning, saw my care coordinator from the hospital, getting a bit closer to a possible diagnosis, but I also had an argument with my partner and I really really want to go out. I might take Scott out for a walk and get some photos developed, and I also want to get a new journal and some picture frames. Might go for a walk and clear my head but after the argument I am feeling so fragile I almost felt like I wanted to go back to hospital. I'll see how I end up feeling after he has another feed.

Original post by asdfgah

:jumphug: :console: to both of you. Am around if either of you want to talk...
Original post by asdfgah

:hugs: I've been told putting your hand on a wall if ur in bed, or just having your feet on the floor when sit down can help. i hope that feeling goes away soon tho!

i used to get dizzy/wobbly whenever i wasn't sitting or lying down, not sure what caused it tho, and that sucked. only lasted a week or 2 tho, hope its similar for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Such a **** person and deserve nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Such a **** person and deserve nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true at all. :nah: What's up? :hugs:

Had another good day. :smile: Visited my grandparents who didn't treat me any differently than they have before, despite what my mum told them. :woo: Also went along to my first senior section meeting (for young women aged 14-25) and all the people were really really nice. :smile: Until now I've been a lone member and a youth leader but it's nice to get involved with the group. I'm a little older than most of the girls but that's fine. :smile: Feeling exhausted now (that's two days in a row I've functioned for and I have to be okay for tomorrow :eek3: ). And have a fundraiser with the rainbows tomorrow morning- we're bag-packing at tescos. So have to be in a fit state to do that. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
Not true at all. :nah: What's up? :hugs:

Had another good day. :smile: Visited my grandparents who didn't treat me any differently than they have before, despite what my mum told them. :woo: Also went along to my first senior section meeting (for young women aged 14-25) and all the people were really really nice. :smile: Until now I've been a lone member and a youth leader but it's nice to get involved with the group. I'm a little older than most of the girls but that's fine. :smile: Feeling exhausted now (that's two days in a row I've functioned for and I have to be okay for tomorrow :eek3: ). And have a fundraiser with the rainbows tomorrow morning- we're bag-packing at tescos. So have to be in a fit state to do that. :tongue:

It is. Im just so **** :frown: but its ok

Glad you enjoyed SS i know how hard it is being a lone young leader, i was the same, and we didnt have a SS in my district so i had to join in other people stuff which was impossible so me and another leader set up an unofficial district SS which is now thriving. Because im in a very rural district it was so hard as there was noone else. So im glad you fit in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest