The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Ryan Gregg
Does anybody know where to find the sports based societies to join? I can't seem to find them on the website, anybody care to explain how it all works out? Do I need to buy the sports membership thing and then sign up whilst I'm there? :s

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/sportscentre/info/
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
For the societies and sports clubs, do you wait till you're actually at uni and after like Freshers before you buy the memberships or what?
Everything confuses me :P
Reply 822
Original post by Weez'sTwin
For the societies and sports clubs, do you wait till you're actually at uni and after like Freshers before you buy the memberships or what?

You can buy memberships at any time :yep: . There will be a society and sports fair during week 1 where you can chat to the current members and sign up there if you so wish :yep: . You can join online at any time or join through the SUHQ reception (societies) or sports centre reception (sports clubs) if you want to pay by cash :yep:

EDIT: Bear in mind that societies and sports will have FREE sessions for the first two weeks. Keep an eye out :wink:
Original post by Weez'sTwin

Whatever you like, really. You can join whenever you like (though those that are skirting close to the minimum member limit might appreciate it if you did it before they have to go and persuade the SU that they're a real society.
Reply 824
Original post by Zeegie
Hey up :smile: glad we've finally got our accom offer :smile: what are you studying?

Oh and I read somewhere that A-I is the old rootes, not sure where the new rootes starts though.

YES!!! I find that I am also in block A-I!! I will be studying management!! What about you?? can't wait!!!
Hello :smile: Which blocks of Rootes are classed as 'New Rootes?' Think I'm in J-P (that's what was on my inventory but not sure if it means that's where I actually am!)... Anyone else around that area...?(History and Politics) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieLou_95
Hello :smile: Which blocks of Rootes are classed as 'New Rootes?' Think I'm in J-P (that's what was on my inventory but not sure if it means that's where I actually am!)... Anyone else around that area...?(History and Politics) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

J-P is new Rootes I think :smile:
I'm also in J-P Rootes!
Reply 827
Original post by Nirgilis
You can buy memberships at any time :yep: . There will be a society and sports fair during week 1 where you can chat to the current members and sign up there if you so wish :yep: . You can join online at any time or join through the SUHQ reception (societies) or sports centre reception (sports clubs) if you want to pay by cash :yep:

EDIT: Bear in mind that societies and sports will have FREE sessions for the first two weeks. Keep an eye out :wink:

Do you know if the common areas have TVs in them?
Original post by s_axo
I used to be a very big metal fan :tongue: so that is more than fine with me!

Well, at least there'll be one person not bothered if I decide to play some music or my guitar, I may lay off the 'singing' along though...:awesome:
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
J-P is new Rootes I think :smile:
I'm also in J-P Rootes!

Oh awesome :smile: I hope so, they seem to be a bit more modern and apparently are a little bit quieter so happy days (if I'm actually there that is!) :smile: thanks! Might see you around in a few weeks then! Haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 830
Original post by JoeQin
YES!!! I find that I am also in block A-I!! I will be studying management!! What about you?? can't wait!!!

Aww look how excited you are! :smile: Ahhh sweet, you're one of the wbs dudes then :biggrin: I'm gonna be doing Chemistry :smile: I can't wait either, fortnight left now :smile:
Reply 831
Original post by bbcs2k9
Do you know if the common areas have TVs in them?

Not unless you bring your own :nah:
Has anyone made a list of the things they're taking to uni?
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
Has anyone made a list of the things they're taking to uni?

I'm still working on it. Since I'm an international student, I expect to be buying lots of things (kitchenware in particular) on arrival -- I really don't care to take the train with three huge trunks, laptop & rucksack! I'll mostly be taking clothes, my laptop and a few essential books, hence.
Original post by EnricoDandolo
I'm still working on it. Since I'm an international student, I expect to be buying lots of things (kitchenware in particular) on arrival -- I really don't care to take the train with three huge trunks, laptop & rucksack! I'll mostly be taking clothes, my laptop and a few essential books, hence.

Im international too :biggrin:. Are you coming to Orientation?
Reply 835
Original post by Zeegie
Aww look how excited you are! :smile: Ahhh sweet, you're one of the wbs dudes then :biggrin: I'm gonna be doing Chemistry :smile: I can't wait either, fortnight left now :smile:

Haha yes I am extremely excited because I will be flying like 14 hours to get to England!!! Just want to experience university life as soon as possible!! BTW, what other wbs do you know???
Original post by millennial
Im international too :biggrin:. Are you coming to Orientation?

Afraid not -- it sounds interesting, but I found out about it far too late :colondollar:
Reply 837
Got an accommodation offer from Sherbourne, how do I check where in particular I've been assigned there?
Reply 838
Original post by Pamphlet
Got an accommodation offer from Sherbourne, how do I check where in particular I've been assigned there?

It may not be sorted yet. But to find out, go to start.warwick and log in, then go to the admin panel and click ''student records online'' (or whichever one it is) and it should update your contact details there when you've been assigned a room.

The rooms are assigned by the residential life team and NOT the university, so there is some delay between the two.
Reply 839
Another question: in the enrolment form, at the "Uni Details" part, what should I put in? Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I've received contradictory information from multiple sources and would just like to be sure.

(Sherbourne, 39 weeks, non-UK student)

Should I go with 'Hall of Residence (on campus)' for the first part and then input the hall's address (hell, I don't even know that, so if I do have to add that and someone knows what I have to input that would be sweet), or should I leave it blank as the info in this section says? If not, what would you advise me to do? I've already mailed the enrolment board, but it's getting somewhat late and they might not give me an answer quickly enough.

Original post by Nirgilis
It may not be sorted yet. But to find out, go to start.warwick and log in, then go to the admin panel and click ''student records online'' (or whichever one it is) and it should update your contact details there when you've been assigned a room.

The rooms are assigned by the residential life team and NOT the university, so there is some delay between the two.

Gah, I'm not even done with the enrolment process, but I'll do that afterwards, thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending