The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
Yeah lol - just testing them all.

Yeah it is although I still feel a little s**t but I guess thats just natural right?

They seem to be working fine:tongue:

It is:yep:
Original post by Sphodromantis
Ohh, thats ****ing violent. Two pencils? like in batman though, TV's teaching kids to ****ing end it. Strengthen the gene pool. I know its really odd, but i also thought, do bees realise they are going to die once they've stung someone?

I know! Yeah he did it in the exam - all the people sitting the exam got extra time and marks for the disruption. Ooh I do like that scene in Batman though - the joker was amazing (Heath Ledger :love: - can't believe he died too). I know it is.
You have an inquisitive mind. I'm sure they don't or they'd learn not to do it. It's stupid really - they sting to protect themselves and defend themselves, but it kills them anyway - is there any point to that.
Original post by lauraaaaa
Haha it'd be great! Yeah, there's pros and cons to both really, like getting the full A level would look better than just the AS for your phD or whatever but then if you have the qualifications to do your open university (do you actually need any? that isn't meant to sound horrible, I just heard that you don't necessarily need qualifications to do open uni?) then it seems a little pointless doing another year just for the A2.
My parents earn about £58,000 between them which does SOUND a lot, but really, it isn't. We still have the mortgage and I have a younger sister which they have to pay for etc. We go on holiday most years but have recently been putting them on credit cards and have had to pay for them afterwards and we aren't even doing that next year, we aren't going at all so it isn't like we have three holidays per year and drive fancy cars. That's why I think it's unfair that I only get £3850 or something like that in terms of maintenance loan, it doesn't even cover accommodation costs in first year!
My mother complains about me not going out aaall the time, yet complains about my sister who goes out every weekend with her friends and asks for money all the time so I don't get why she's complaining about me!
We get lots of work because, to be honest, one of my teachers for one subject is absolutely useless so you basically have to teach yourself! I need to buy some revision guides actually! I'm supposed to be making my revision materials at the moment but the sheer volume of homework has meant that I physically can't do it for lack of time. I dread to think what my mental health will be like by the end of the year if my depression and anxiety are getting bad again after a week at school!
I reeeally should have made my revision in the six weeks, regretting it now, I never learn :frown:

It really would be! I know. Part of me wants to do it but part of me says it's pointless. haha no I know you don't mean it like that. There are no official entry requirements but if you have only GCSEs they recommend doing a couple of A-level equivalent modules first. I'd end up with 2 A2 levels, 2 AS levels and level 3 EPQ. To me that sounds ok, but it's whether I want 3 A2s or not. Most places take 2 AS levels as equivalent to an A2 anyway, but ah it's difficult.
My mum earns like £4000 a year and my dad earns in the high £40,000s somewhere. Combined it's probably nearly £50,000 before tax though - tax takes sooooo much off! Yeah I know right. We holiday once a year, we have two crappy cars that both need repairs that we cannot afford. And yeah the loan I get is tiny and it wouldn't even pay a year either. One thing said I could get £50 to cover expenses. WTF!
It's the same with my older sister - she's always out and about. And she's spending my mother's money! but I just prefer being inside more.
I have that too - she never finishes teaching everything, she skips parts and what she does teach is awful. I have to self teach her parts of the work. I know it's so horrible trying to balance revision with homework and stuff. I feel like I am improving in my anxiety and stuff I don't know why. I am on the slow journey but I have seen improvements. I think because I get to chat to my friends at school and they're quite funny and I feel my mood improving.
I did some, but nowhere near enough!
Thank you whoever pos repped me on this thread :h:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
It really would be! I know. Part of me wants to do it but part of me says it's pointless. haha no I know you don't mean it like that. There are no official entry requirements but if you have only GCSEs they recommend doing a couple of A-level equivalent modules first. I'd end up with 2 A2 levels, 2 AS levels and level 3 EPQ. To me that sounds ok, but it's whether I want 3 A2s or not. Most places take 2 AS levels as equivalent to an A2 anyway, but ah it's difficult.
My mum earns like £4000 a year and my dad earns in the high £40,000s somewhere. Combined it's probably nearly £50,000 before tax though - tax takes sooooo much off! Yeah I know right. We holiday once a year, we have two crappy cars that both need repairs that we cannot afford. And yeah the loan I get is tiny and it wouldn't even pay a year either. One thing said I could get £50 to cover expenses. WTF!
It's the same with my older sister - she's always out and about. And she's spending my mother's money! but I just prefer being inside more.
I have that too - she never finishes teaching everything, she skips parts and what she does teach is awful. I have to self teach her parts of the work. I know it's so horrible trying to balance revision with homework and stuff. I feel like I am improving in my anxiety and stuff I don't know why. I am on the slow journey but I have seen improvements. I think because I get to chat to my friends at school and they're quite funny and I feel my mood improving.
I did some, but nowhere near enough!

Yeah, I guess open uni is a good option for a lot of people then! The pros and cons of 3A2's or not is a bit like my decision of staying or going away to uni, pros and cons for both.
Yeah, my parents earn around £58,000 before tax as well. I know exactly what you mean though, it sounds a lot but it really isn't when you take everything into account. I do reckon that all students should get the same maintenance loan to at least cover accommodation costs!
My sister is 13 so obviously she's spending my parents money but even still and yeah, I do too! All my friends are like that though, we have a friendship which can go weeks without seeing each other and be exactly the same when we get back which I think is the best kind of friendship to have, rather than a needy one where you feel the need to see each other all the time but maybe that's just me!
I feel ya gurl! My teacher is exactly the same, may as well be at home doing the work than in class. She legit copies out of the textbook onto a powerpoint and makes 10000 spelling and grammar mistakes and then skips over half the slides so it's pretty much a waste of time!
I've improved my anxiety a LOT since december 2011-september 2012 but I can just feel it starting to creep back in again. I'm not saying my anxiety has been cured since it was bad, but it's been a lot better. That's why I hate the feeling that it's gonna get bad again because sometimes it's just too much to deal with and nobody really knows and teachers pile on the homework and pressure, and sometimes I just can't take it!
I know! Yeah he did it in the exam - all the people sitting the exam got extra time and marks for the disruption. Ooh I do like that scene in Batman though - the joker was amazing (Heath Ledger :love: - can't believe he died too). I know it is.
You have an inquisitive mind. I'm sure they don't or they'd learn not to do it. It's stupid really - they sting to protect themselves and defend themselves, but it kills them anyway - is there any point to that.

x

**** man, i mean, what runs through these peoples mind when they decide that it is their best option, and i wonder how things played out from his vision. Did his vision go black straight away, or slowly fade? Thats trippy deep ****!
Heath Ledger was awesome wan't he? sad about him, he played the part really well.
Yes i do, ;p lol. Yeh, thats actually a really good point, as for the purpose, bees have evolved for combat and of course when fighting a swarm of tough hornets, they need to be able to get the stinger through the exoskeleton, now that is all good, but once you sting the hornet, hes going to try and eat you so, you need to escape and avoid being eaten, now say you survive the stinger being ripped out, the hornet will still chase you and eat you so, so spare the pain and punishment, bees die, so when they are eaten, they feel no pain. Bit pointless, but humans always compare their life to something else, without realising the actual gravity of the situation from the poor little bees eyes. I do love bees, but they could of evolved, so the stinger detaches quicker/ safer. Bees are fascinating. http://phys.org/news8616.html :biggrin:
Yeah, I guess open uni is a good option for a lot of people then! The pros and cons of 3A2's or not is a bit like my decision of staying or going away to uni, pros and cons for both.
Yeah, my parents earn around £58,000 before tax as well. I know exactly what you mean though, it sounds a lot but it really isn't when you take everything into account. I do reckon that all students should get the same maintenance loan to at least cover accommodation costs!
My sister is 13 so obviously she's spending my parents money but even still and yeah, I do too! All my friends are like that though, we have a friendship which can go weeks without seeing each other and be exactly the same when we get back which I think is the best kind of friendship to have, rather than a needy one where you feel the need to see each other all the time but maybe that's just me!
I feel ya gurl! My teacher is exactly the same, may as well be at home doing the work than in class. She legit copies out of the textbook onto a powerpoint and makes 10000 spelling and grammar mistakes and then skips over half the slides so it's pretty much a waste of time!
I've improved my anxiety a LOT since december 2011-september 2012 but I can just feel it starting to creep back in again. I'm not saying my anxiety has been cured since it was bad, but it's been a lot better. That's why I hate the feeling that it's gonna get bad again because sometimes it's just too much to deal with and nobody really knows and teachers pile on the homework and pressure, and sometimes I just can't take it!

Yeah it's conventionally used for people with families, but I've seen hundreds of students my age going to complete them as well. I know both are so difficult. You moving or staying is a really difficult choice just like 3A2s or 2A2s. I think either will work fine, but I desperately want to go uni this year!
My parents earn quite a bit but they don't give hardly any to me! My sister gets so much I swear she is 20 and she still gets money. Yeah so do I - they don't realise our parents don't want to be forking out to pay for us! Oh I'm like that. I didn't see my friends all holiday but we were fine when we went back - just as close as before really. I hate needy friends. None of mine are.
Oh so can I! My teacher is exactly the same. They spell everything wrong, which I don't have a problem with, but with spell check they could correct it. And she just tells us to read like whole sections of the book, and she doesn't bother to teach it. I do have one fantastic teacher - my physics teacher - never had a better teacher, ever!
I had proper depression back in 2010 I think - it from September 2010 to just a couple of months after. Then I was ok but it returned mid-2011 and went and came back end of 2011. Then it took a gap until like December 2013. Although I get depressed every new year - for a couple of days - I get really down - I end up crying most new years cause I feel overwhelmed. Has been that way for many many years. It's finally lifting and I feel better than ever right now I think. It'll all go wrong soon. Nobody knows about me either and yeah they just pile it all on. They know I struggle under pressure so they tend to be ok.

Original post by Sphodromantis
**** man, i mean, what runs through these peoples mind when they decide that it is their best option, and i wonder how things played out from his vision. Did his vision go black straight away, or slowly fade? Thats trippy deep ****!
Heath Ledger was awesome wan't he? sad about him, he played the part really well.
Yes i do, ;p lol. Yeh, thats actually a really good point, as for the purpose, bees have evolved for combat and of course when fighting a swarm of tough hornets, they need to be able to get the stinger through the exoskeleton, now that is all good, but once you sting the hornet, hes going to try and eat you so, you need to escape and avoid being eaten, now say you survive the stinger being ripped out, the hornet will still chase you and eat you so, so spare the pain and punishment, bees die, so when they are eaten, they feel no pain. Bit pointless, but humans always compare their life to something else, without realising the actual gravity of the situation from the poor little bees eyes. I do love bees, but they could of evolved, so the stinger detaches quicker/ safer. Bees are fascinating. http://phys.org/news8616.html :biggrin:

I know. I mean I have hated life sometimes, but I could never actually get to a place where I wanted to end it all! He must have been seriously stressed and overwhelmed. He just couldn't cope. I'd hate to feel that bad! I know I wondered what it was like. It must have been loud - someone slamming their head on a table. I'd have crapped myself.
He really was and so gorgeous looking :tongue:. He was awesome for the part "Why so serious?" that's still my psp's wallpaper :biggrin:.
ah I see that makes sense. Kind of like kill yourself before you get killed! Bees are wonderful creatures. A giant ass honey bee came in my house the other day. I spent half an hour shooing it out again - it was so huge it was the size of a 10p piece. I used to collect dead wasps, bees and butterflies when I was little :tongue:.
Yeah it's conventionally used for people with families, but I've seen hundreds of students my age going to complete them as well. I know both are so difficult. You moving or staying is a really difficult choice just like 3A2s or 2A2s. I think either will work fine, but I desperately want to go uni this year!
My parents earn quite a bit but they don't give hardly any to me! My sister gets so much I swear she is 20 and she still gets money. Yeah so do I - they don't realise our parents don't want to be forking out to pay for us! Oh I'm like that. I didn't see my friends all holiday but we were fine when we went back - just as close as before really. I hate needy friends. None of mine are.
Oh so can I! My teacher is exactly the same. They spell everything wrong, which I don't have a problem with, but with spell check they could correct it. And she just tells us to read like whole sections of the book, and she doesn't bother to teach it. I do have one fantastic teacher - my physics teacher - never had a better teacher, ever!
I had proper depression back in 2010 I think - it from September 2010 to just a couple of months after. Then I was ok but it returned mid-2011 and went and came back end of 2011. Then it took a gap until like December 2013. Although I get depressed every new year - for a couple of days - I get really down - I end up crying most new years cause I feel overwhelmed. Has been that way for many many years. It's finally lifting and I feel better than ever right now I think. It'll all go wrong soon. Nobody knows about me either and yeah they just pile it all on. They know I struggle under pressure so they tend to be ok.

Yeah, that's what I meant by it being a good option for a lot of people who don't want too/can't go down the usual uni route! Yeah, obviously staying here wouldn't be the end of the world because I get my maintenance loan anyway and obviously I know my way round here so if I didn't like many people on my course, it wouldn't be the end of the world like it would away if yano what I mean? But then, on the other hand, I feel like I'd become waaay more independent if I moved away and I sort of want the 'typical' uni lifestyle (minus the ridiculous drinking, I don't drink aha).
Yeah, and even if people's parents didn't have to scrape the money together like ours, it doesn't mean that they want to spend it on their children going to uni. I know a person whose parents have a lot of money but her parents like to go on three holidays per year and aren't that happy about having to pay for her uni accommodation and living costs so I think it should be equal!
I HATE needy friends. I have this one friend who is soooooo needy and it drives me up the wall. I'm trying hard to distance myself a bit, which is working so far, but I need an excuse to get out of going to see a comedy show with him because it'll be really awkward! I like to be alone quite a bit of the time and I like my own space so friends who always wanna go somewhere or do something get on my nerves. I just feel like they aren't comfortable with themselves so don't want to be alone!
I feel like we have the same teacher hahah. My psych teacher is the best teacher I have ever had. She's helping me edit my personal statement and everything!
I don't know exactly when I developed anxiety, depression, emetophobia/contamination ocd tendencies but when I think about it, I've had them all at varying degrees since I was about 12 without actually realising. Mine got so bad December 2011-September 2012 that I can't even remember that summer. I think I left the house about eight times in three months, most of those were for exams as well!
Hm, that's interesting about the new years thing (that sounds a bit horrible saying it's interesting but I don't mean it like that!), can't say i've ever experienced it!
I work well under pressure, I think I do anyway, but sometimes the amount of homework and the high expectations from myself and my teachers become far too much. The amount of times I've nearly broken down in class from feeling overwhelmed is ridiculous. I don't really feel comfortable talking to my teachers about this stuff though, particularly as I don't have a formal diagnosis, so idk, I'll have to cope somehow haha! Yeah I hate when it's all going so well and then just crashes back to rock bottom. It's almost as if you can't be happy and anxiety free, like it won't let you leave and so has to make you feel **** when you're doing well!
Reply 2827
Bored.
Original post by james1211
Bored.

woodworm:tongue:

:getmecoat:
Reply 2829
Original post by incipientT
woodworm:tongue:

:getmecoat:

Huh :redface:
Huh :redface:

woodworms eat board:tongue:
Reply 2831
woodworms eat board:tongue:

Wow :laugh:

There are no words.
Wow :laugh:

There are no words.

It's what my mum used to say to me every time I said I was bored.:colondollar: Got really annoying, actually:colonhash:
Reply 2833
It's what my mum used to say to me every time I said I was bored.:colondollar: Got really annoying, actually:colonhash:

Fair enough :biggrin:
I guess I ought to sleep, 7:30 start :frown: better than last week's 6am start though I spose.
Goodnight!
(edited 10 years ago)
I guess I ought to sleep, 7:30 start :frown: better than last week's 6am start though I spose.
Goodnight!

goodnight!:wavey:
Reply 2836
what a bunch of losers :P
Original post by rolling
what a bunch of losers :P

Hello to you too :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
Hello to you too :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo, new sig:awesome: