The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AhmedDavid
Oh damn it is truly sad, will I be able to put on my reference that I scored 720 last year with legitimate proof do you think?

Nah they won't take it into account. But there's no harm in trying...
Original post by raveen789
Oh and passed my theory :biggrin: least thats one thing done :biggrin:

Woo congrats! :party2:
This may seem stupid but,
I'm in my last year at uni and applying for 2014 entry. On ucas do I select the option for applying through or school/college or as an individual.
Original post by santi_92
This may seem stupid but,
I'm in my last year at uni and applying for 2014 entry. On ucas do I select the option for applying through or school/college or as an individual.

I reckon you would be applying as an individual - I know someone in a similar position and that's what they're doing :smile:
Reply 1504
Original post by NikoB
I got a few points below you and I'm thinking UEA? Aberdeen? Manchester? HYMS? Keele? Dundee?
Lol I want to be safe but there are still risky, especially Manchester!

Exeter use sub test cut off so I won't be applying there :/

No they're not, who told you that? The FAQ on the website makes it clear they are not, plus I emailed the admission administrator specifically for that question and she replied back saying they are not considering them for the 2014 entry. I'll call them on Monday to triple check :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1505

How's it going dude? Any luck on the job front? Been offered 2 different jobs and another interview next week, busy times :biggrin:
Reply 1506
Original post by PG593
How's it going dude? Any luck on the job front? Been offered 2 different jobs and another interview next week, busy times :biggrin:

Well done!! I got a job as a Medical lab assistant which I'm really excited about :biggrin:

Which jobs were you offered??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to everyone getting jobs! I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit jealous... still can't decide if I should sign on.
Reply 1508
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Well done!! I got a job as a Medical lab assistant which I'm really excited about :biggrin:

Which jobs were you offered??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent stuff, congrats m8! I'm starting in about 1-2 weeks as a Tutor at this private school for Maths and English, the other was a Project Worker for this Medical Centre but I'd rather be working with kids :tongue:
Reply 1509
Original post by SusieShire
Well done to everyone getting jobs! I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit jealous... still can't decide if I should sign on.

You're bound to get something, what stuff have you applied to? HCA or other non-medical jobs?
Reply 1510
Original post by PG593
Excellent stuff, congrats m8! I'm starting in about 1-2 weeks as a Tutor at this private school for Maths and English, the other was a Project Worker for this Medical Centre but I'd rather be working with kids :tongue:

Awh that's sweet! Well I'm sure you will enjoy it :smile: are you gonna mention it in your PS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NikoB
I got a few points below you and I'm thinking UEA? Aberdeen? Manchester? HYMS? Keele? Dundee?
Lol I want to be safe but there are still risky, especially Manchester!

Exeter use sub test cut off so I won't be applying there :/

I can't do Manchester, their interview methods freak me out! I will literally be that person in the corner not contributing anything, lool.

Exeter use a sub test cut off? What is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1512
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Awh that's sweet! Well I'm sure you will enjoy it :smile: are you gonna mention it in your PS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same to you :tongue: I'm still trying to find space for it but at the moment no and if they want to know what I am doing on my gap year they can see that from the employment section of my UCAS form, or if they ask me at interview. :smile:
Reply 1513
Original post by PG593
Same to you :tongue: I'm still trying to find space for it but at the moment no and if they want to know what I am doing on my gap year they can see that from the employment section of my UCAS form, or if they ask me at interview. :smile:

Oh yeah, I never considered the employment section lol.

How's your BMAT prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PG593
No they're not, who told you that? The FAQ on the website makes it clear they are not, plus I emailed the admission administrator specifically for that question and she replied back saying they are not considering them for the 2014 entry. I'll call them on Monday to triple check :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2443505&page=5&p=44475638#post44475638

I had a conversation with a member of tsr who called up and they said they look at the sub test scores and review them :/
I've sent them an email already about the confusion, I also saw the FAQ arghhhh!
Original post by SuziieB
I can't do Manchester, their interview methods freak me out! I will literally be that person in the corner not contributing anything, lool.

Exeter use a sub test cut off? What is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool yeah it sounds tricky but I heard in the group interview, everyone is given a card which has something written on it. They're all different so everyone will definitely have at least one thing to say!

I don't know the sub test cut off, I don't know it they do or don't. :/
Original post by PG593
You're bound to get something, what stuff have you applied to? HCA or other non-medical jobs?

Both! I've applied for healthcare jobs, fast food jobs, supermarket jobs, waitress jobs... all I've got is a place on the waiting list for a job at asda.
hi guys,
what unis should i look into applying

A*AAA and 670 UKCAT average?
Reply 1517
Original post by purple and gold
hi guys,
what unis should i look into applying

A*AAA and 670 UKCAT average?

Manchester, queen Mary London :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Manchester, queen Mary London :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cut off for Manchester was 662.5 last year..it could rise again.
Reply 1519
Original post by NikoB
Cut off for Manchester was 662.5 last year..it could rise again.

Maybe but I think 670 is pretty safe. The majority of people will get 650+ but not many will have 700 (excluding the brainiacs on TSR) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending