The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ionic equation for hydroxide + an acid is always the same :tongue:

Oh right, fair enough :tongue: I don't get why she teaches you that.

She should really be teaching you that a metal hydroxide + acid -> salt + water
I like the death at the end :mmm:

I had to analyse their relationship throughout certain scenes... So boring :colonhash:

Same! This is so pointless for me :frown:

Geography homework is so much, and it's my most boring one :mad:

Haha lovely! :tongue:

Oh that'd be so dull, I feel sorry for you!

I'd rather just revise and be left to do past papers myself :tongue:

Ah how frustrating. History homework is always a lot, it's a good job I like it! :wink:
Original post by usycool1
I played the Indian boy in that in primary school :awesome: :tongue:

Hahaha awwwww! :tongue: I'm sure you played him very well :wink:

Original post by Pandora.
Ahh, me too! I love that one. :smile: I can't say I particularly loved the last few stories but they were still very good. It's beautiful to look at but there are loads of sheep just lazing across the roads when I go. I can't say that has the same wild, passionate effect on me that Wuthering Heights does :lol:

I'm not sure just yet. It's not as instant as The Great Gatsby but the imagery is still amazing. I'm hoping it'll be great once I get into it. :smile: Hmm, I've never read A Midsummer Night's Dream in full but it didn't really grab me from what I have read. Much Ado is far and away my favourite. :awesome:

Ooh yay :biggrin: yeah I agree. I bet, and sheep are cute at least :wink: Haha if only! :tongue:

I see, I loved the imagery in The Great Gatsby, so I'm sure I'd be just as impressed with it :tongue: Yeah hopefully, sometimes it does just take a while! I just found it slightly boring, and I couldn't appreciate the comedy, I'd probably have to see a production of it for the full effect :tongue: Aww, I've only ever read the beginning, we were going to do that for the coursework last year, I'm annoyed we didn't now! I'll have to finish the rest when I can. I've got so much reading to do it's untrue :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Oh right, fair enough :tongue: I don't get why she teaches you that.

She should really be teaching you that a metal hydroxide + acid -> salt + water

Because it's true...?

We've already learnt that :tongue:

What's a salt?:wink: this question I didn't know the answer to (I do now)

Original post by Lucy96
Haha lovely! :tongue:

Oh that'd be so dull, I feel sorry for you!

I'd rather just revise and be left to do past papers myself :tongue:

Ah how frustrating. History homework is always a lot, it's a good job I like it! :wink:

:colonhash:

Exactly. Although I enjoy the chemistry homework :wink:

I have to write 2 essays and a few other paragraphs!
a2 h.w is just :gah:
Because it's true...?

We've already learnt that :tongue:

What's a salt?:wink: this question I didn't know the answer to (I do now)

Not necessarily! Acids don't always react!

Are you asking me define what a salt is? I'm having a very dopey day today
Not necessarily! Acids don't always react!

Are you asking me define what a salt is? I'm having a very dopey day today

With hydroxides!

Yeah:wink:
With hydroxides!

Yeah:wink:

Don't get too used to referring to them as hydroxides! They can have different properties in an organic compound

Haha oh, well in the simplest way, its any ionic compound.
Don't get too used to referring to them as hydroxides! They can have different properties in an organic compound

Haha oh, well in the simplest way, its any ionic compound.

I'll learn when it comes!

Apparently it's:
A compound formed when the hydrogen ions in an acid replaced by a metal or ammonium ion.
I'll learn when it comes!

Apparently it's:
A compound formed when the hydrogen ions in an acid replaced by a metal or ammonium ion.

Its not really bad. I love organic chemistry a lot!

So basically an ionic compound :tongue: can't say I'm a fan of that definition really.. chemically, its not replacing a H+ ion
Its not really bad. I love organic chemistry a lot!

So basically an ionic compound :tongue: can't say I'm a fan of that definition really.. chemically, its not replacing a H+ ion

I'll see :wink:

Aah, but it is, well I'll trust her...

My teachers are doctors/have multiple degrees :colone:
Why why why do we need to know cosecants, secants and cotangents? Why can maths just never be simple and to the point?

Don't even get me started on the chain rule, product rule and quotient rule
:unimpressed:

What don't you like about them?
Reply 3171
Original post by Lucy96
Ooh yay :biggrin: yeah I agree. I bet, and sheep are cute at least :wink: Haha if only! :tongue:

I see, I loved the imagery in The Great Gatsby, so I'm sure I'd be just as impressed with it :tongue: Yeah hopefully, sometimes it does just take a while! I just found it slightly boring, and I couldn't appreciate the comedy, I'd probably have to see a production of it for the full effect :tongue: Aww, I've only ever read the beginning, we were going to do that for the coursework last year, I'm annoyed we didn't now! I'll have to finish the rest when I can. I've got so much reading to do it's untrue :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are :biggrin: It's a pain when they're asleep in the middle of the road and won't move. :tongue:

I think you would be! Great descriptions of Manhattan :coma: Yeah, my teachers have said before that it's hard to get the full effect unless you actually see it being performed. That's a shame, it's a brilliant play! I think I might do it for A2 coursework. Amazing banter in it :tongue:
I'll see :wink:

Aah, but it is, well I'll trust her...

My teachers are doctors/have multiple degrees :colone:

One of my chemistry teacher has a PhD. She can't teach to save her life. My other teacher last year only had 1 degree, but a lifetime of teaching experience and was really good! Sometimes too much really too much.

But that's really not the point. Always check your specification to make sure you have what you need

Original post by Boy_wonder_95

I haven't learnt about their uses really, but they just seem really extra.

The differentiation stuff is kind of useful, but because I'm not really a mathematician of any kind, it just seems like work

Because his name isn't 'bobk'. Don't tell me you missed that!
One of my chemistry teacher has a PhD. She can't teach to save her life. My other teacher last year only had 1 degree, but a lifetime of teaching experience and was really good! Sometimes too much really too much.

But that's really not the point. Always check your specification to make sure you have what you need

My Geography teacher is like that, a ****ty doctor imo :tongue:

Not really, the non doctor one is doing a third degree :eek:

It's right though, and what I need for my exam

I haven't learnt about their uses really, but they just seem really extra.

The differentiation stuff is kind of useful, but because I'm not really a mathematician of any kind, it just seems like work

The best teachers i find are the ones that are still being taught ( at least for A levels )

so my chemistry teacher has a Bsc, Bsc (hons) a Masters and is doing her PhD so because she is being taught it makes her teaching better and also because she is learning she can help us learn (and prepare for university)
My Geography teacher is like that, a ****ty doctor imo :tongue:

Not really, the non doctor one is doing a third degree :eek:

It's right though, and what I need for my exam

Lessons do tend to feel like she's just talking at you instead of to you.

Is it in the same field?

Fair enough, for AQA, we never needed to define 'salt'
Original post by keromedic
Because his name isn't 'bobk'. Don't tell me you missed that!

If his name isn't bob then what is his name? :eyeball:

That's a secret I'll take to my grave :tongue:. What maths stuff have you done so far, this term?
With my class, I've gotten midway through the D1 chapter, done Binomial Theorum and started Poisson in S2, finished Fp1 complex numbers and numerical methods and started series.
Original post by techno836
The best teachers i find are the ones that are still being taught ( at least for A levels )

so my chemistry teacher has a Bsc, Bsc (hons) a Masters and is doing her PhD so because she is being taught it makes her teaching better and also because she is learning she can help us learn (and prepare for university)

That does seem plausible, but I've never really been in that situation. Saying that though, the ones who just about quality to teach are probably the worst

Craig

I kid :wink:

Latest