The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emjaywoo
Really? I'm in eastwood just so you know! Hope you find out soon!

I was given shared accommodation at Woodland Court which I didn't even apply for haha.
Original post by Rosepaws
I am! Which course and accommodation are you? :smile:

Oh hi! I'm doing Cellular and Molecular Medicine and I'm living in private rented accommodation :biggrin: you? Going to the pyjama party haha?
Reply 742
Original post by Zaphod77
Awesome! What subject? :smile:

I'll be doing Nursing. How about you?
Original post by em_cart
I'm guessing no-ones doing the Viking Raid?! I don't want to miss out on a big event, but I expect everyone will have the intention of getting very drunk so it's not my kind of thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't got any tickets yet but I'm going to get the college one :smile:
Reply 744
Original post by GingerShortcake
I haven't got any tickets yet but I'm going to get the college one :smile:

Yep same - I've got the college wristband :smile:.
Reply 745
Original post by WhamBamJam.
Anyone going to Bristol?

Original post by Rosepaws
I am! Which course and accommodation are you? :smile:

Me too! I'm doing CS and I'm in my own flat. :smile:
Reply 746
Today is the last day of freshers for me... Survived without any alcohol or clubbing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em_cart
I'm guessing no-ones doing the Viking Raid?! I don't want to miss out on a big event, but I expect everyone will have the intention of getting very drunk so it's not my kind of thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not doing the Viking Raid - not my kind of thing either so don't see the point in doing it, I'm sure that there will be plenty of other people who don't go on it either :smile:

Original post by em_cart
Cool. Is B catered? :smile: I'm going self-catered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's catered, I wanted self-catered but the accommodation system mess meant that there weren't any self-catered left anywhere, grrrr.
Original post by KiranH

Hi! How come you chose to be in your own flat too? :biggrin:
Reply 749
Hi! How come you chose to be in your own flat too? :biggrin:

Well we already had the flat there (technically belongs to my Dad & Sister), so I thought I might as well save my parents some money by going into it. Plus the accommodation I got offered was overpriced and didn't look great (one of the unite ones.) What about you?
Reply 750
Original post by KiranH

I'm at Bristol too! :smile: I'm in Nelson House and I'm doing English.
Original post by KiranH
Well we already had the flat there (technically belongs to my Dad & Sister), so I thought I might as well save my parents some money by going into it. Plus the accommodation I got offered was overpriced and didn't look great (one of the unite ones.) What about you?

Oh cool - sounds sensible! Would you rather be in halls or don't really care? I've already had my own place in Bristol for (nearly) 3 years.. so been through the can't look after yourself stage.. eating pizza and fish finger sandwiches.. not cleaning for 3 weeks at a time.. now I'm all house proud and cook properly all the time so wouldn't fit in to a student house now haha. Plus I like my own space so accommodation would be a step backwards for me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconEmperor
OMG yes three fellow non-drinkers going to Exeter too :biggrin: Glad they'll be people for me to hide away with if trying clubbing gets too much :tongue:

Im studying Psychology at Exeter, moving in tomorrow! How about you?
Original post by amylia_aelb
Im studying Psychology at Exeter, moving in tomorrow! How about you?

That's great I'm studying Flexible Combined Honours (Economics with Russian) and I'm moving in tomorrow too! :biggrin: I'm staying at Point Exe what about you?
Original post by BaconEmperor
That's great I'm studying Flexible Combined Honours (Economics with Russian) and I'm moving in tomorrow too! :biggrin: I'm staying at Point Exe what about you?

Oh that's cool, I speak a little Russian (did it at gcse), Im staying in Lafrowda Block L :smile: what time are you moving in?
That's awesome! So few schools offer Russian. Oh that's right on campus great if you ever wake up late :tongue: 13:45 for me, and you? How are you getting to Exeter out of interest? I live in a nearby city so will be getting a lift which is lucky because I'm taking way too much stuff :colondollar:
Reply 756
Oh god. I went to a some pub with my flatmates and it was so awkward so I just left. Literally, just came here. I think my flatmates will be looking for me :s But I couldn't find them :s
Reply 757
Oh hi! I'm doing Cellular and Molecular Medicine and I'm living in private rented accommodation :biggrin: you? Going to the pyjama party haha?

Hi! Ooh sounds good :biggrin: I'm doing Vet Nursing and Bioveterinary Science and I'm in Favell house. Haha, I'm undecided on that one! Are you?
Reply 758
Original post by KiranH

Hello :smile: it's nice to hear that there are others like me going to Bristol :biggrin:
Reply 759
Original post by Gnome :)
Today is the last day of freshers for me... Survived without any alcohol or clubbing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done you! I hope I can follow your example :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest