The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by ameelia22
Hello! Yes, started KAPLAN today. It's been OK. The guy is a bit - :s-smilie: but we don't have him tomorrow. Plus, since I've done it before I'm not really learning anything new at the minute all the new stuff comes tomorrow, SJT etc.

One thing that was explicitly stated though, and I am wondering if any of you guys who have done your UKCAT can help me on is that in AR, there can be no such rule which is like "At least 3," or whatever. It has to be a consistent rule throughout. Is that true for the real UKCAT test because medify is certainly not following that?

Did you do medify before KAPLAN?

I started medify today and have it for a week!! Got my KAPLAN course on the 21st!

Also, I am considering moving my UKCAT a little earlier. I'm thinking a week after my KAPLAN course. ie either the 30th or the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Did you do medify before KAPLAN?

I started medify today and have it for a week!! Got my KAPLAN course on the 21st!

Also, I am considering moving my UKCAT a little earlier. I'm thinking a week after my KAPLAN course. ie either the 30th or the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, started doing bits and pieces before KAPLAN.

Go ahead if you think you'll be ready in that time. Personally, I wouldn't. The worst thing that can happen is, you are getting through materials too quickly; you just slow down and pick up the pace again later. If you move the date forward, the worst thing would be if you didn't go through all the materials you wanted to, and come out of it feeling like you coulda woulda shoulda done more.
Reply 1542
Original post by PG593
Thanks man, same to you on the 4th, go in there guns blazing! (Hopefully not literally, then again Pearson Vue probably deserve it after the cockups with the DA this year :biggrin:)

Lol I hope my DA isn't altered! And thank you!! I think I may do it earlier depending on how prepared I feel. How can one now when one is fully prepared?? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1543
Original post by ameelia22
Yes, started doing bits and pieces before KAPLAN.

Go ahead if you think you'll be ready in that time. Personally, I wouldn't. The worst thing that can happen is, you are getting through materials too quickly; you just slow down and pick up the pace again later. If you move the date forward, the worst thing would be if you didn't go through all the materials you wanted to, and come out of it feeling like you coulda woulda shoulda done more.

Damn! I didn't think like that!

Also... After reading susie's posts before her UKCAT I hope my TOM comes on time :\

I'm just worried it that my PS will be weak :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1544
Original post by PG593
Thanks man, same to you on the 4th, go in there guns blazing! (Hopefully not literally, then again Pearson Vue probably deserve it after the cockups with the DA this year :biggrin:)

Hey I was also wondering if your VR section had lots of the new type questions? :| im really bad with those and many people on the UKCAT thread said that most of theirs were the new type :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1545
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hey I was also wondering if your VR section had lots of the new type questions? :| im really bad with those and many people on the UKCAT thread said that most of theirs were the new type :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much all of my VR were new types which really threw me, dunno about the rest but I had only about 2-3 T/F/Can't Tell types. How's the QR going? :smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PG593
Pretty much all of my VR were new types which really threw me, dunno about the rest but I had only about 2-3 T/F/Can't Tell types. How's the QR going? :smile:

I also only had a few of T/F/Can't Tell. They seem to really like the new type.

By the way you guys... I think I've fallen in love with St George's. :love: I was researching the course and the uni today and it seems perfect for me. I'm from a small northern town so I was a bit apprehensive about applying for London Unis but I was roaming around on street view and it looks so amazing and I want to live there right now. :gah:
Reply 1547
Original post by PG593

Damn so I really should be preparing for those more!!
QR is a little better now :smile: I did a mock today and missed out 8 questions coz I ran out of time (bad I know but it's ether than missing 16 like my last mock!!!! Lol) still need to improve my speed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1548
Original post by SusieShire

By the way you guys... I think I've fallen in love with St George's. :love: I was researching the course and the uni today and it seems perfect for me. I'm from a small northern town so I was a bit apprehensive about applying for London Unis but I was roaming around on street view and it looks so amazing and I want to live there right now. :gah:

What would we do without google :redface:

Yeah I really like st George's too!!! Seems fantastic, I really want to apply but I have heard that they have cut offs for each subtest on the UKCAT :frown: I just hope I meet those!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1549
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Damn so I really should be preparing for those more!!
QR is a little better now :smile: I did a mock today and missed out 8 questions coz I ran out of time (bad I know but it's ether than missing 16 like my last mock!!!! Lol) still need to improve my speed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, I bet you're going to come out with 800+ haha and you'll be laughing all the way home!

It's a good school from what my friend told me, he's a 2nd year there. Even though I'm from London, never been to that side before over in Tooting but I'm sure you'll love it being from a small town n' all :biggrin:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
What would we do without google :redface:

Yeah I really like st George's too!!! Seems fantastic, I really want to apply but I have heard that they have cut offs for each subtest on the UKCAT :frown: I just hope I meet those!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they do, I've read their entry requirements page so many times, it's a minimum of 500 in each subtest and then they have an overall cutoff which was 2530 last year.

And I don't know how people coped before google! Whenever I'm going somewhere new I always check out street view, just the other day I had to look up where the Pearson Vue centre was!
Reply 1551
I have my UKCAT on the 27th and I'm so scared. Luckily, I'm a reapplicant who is applying for postgraduate medicine so I have a list of medical schools that I can apply to if I flip the UKCAT :frown:
Reply 1552
Original post by PG593
Nice, I bet you're going to come out with 800+ haha and you'll be laughing all the way home!

:biggrin:

I'm aiming for 650+ :redface:
If I got 800 I would frame it and then die of shock :redface: no chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1553
Yeah they do, I've read their entry requirements page so many times, it's a minimum of 500 in each subtest and then they have an overall cutoff which was 2530 last year.

And I don't know how people coped before google! Whenever I'm going somewhere new I always check out street view, just the other day I had to look up where the Pearson Vue centre was!

Lol the first time I used google street view... Out of ALL the amazing places in the world I could virtually see.. I chose to see my home :redface:

So if you have 500 on each subtest and meet the minimum score your safe? I was told they have higher cut offs on each subtest depending on the people that apply in that year! I just hope that's not true. But after my UKCAT I'm gonna call up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PG593

It's a good school from what my friend told me, he's a 2nd year there. Even though I'm from London, never been to that side before over in Tooting but I'm sure you'll love it being from a small town n' all :biggrin:

That's good to hear! I've been to London loads of times but only ever to the touristy areas in the centre and the Olympic Park when I saw the Paralympics.
Reply 1555
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I'm aiming for 650+ :redface:
If I got 800 I would frame it and then die of shock :redface: no chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get it, just keep doing what you're doing in practice :smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Lol the first time I used google street view... Out of ALL the amazing places in the world I could virtually see.. I chose to see my home :redface:

So if you have 500 on each subtest and meet the minimum score your safe? I was told they have higher cut offs on each subtest depending on the people that apply in that year! I just hope that's not true. But after my UKCAT I'm gonna call up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most people look for their home first! I remember running the geography part of open evening at high school and I was supposed to be showing visitors how to use google earth and they all just want to see what their house looked like from space haha!

I think the 500 minimum stays the same each year but the overall score changes depending on who applies :smile:
Reply 1557
Original post by PG593
You'll get it, just keep doing what you're doing in practice :smile:

I really hope so! So have you made your definite uni choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1558
I think most people look for their home first! I remember running the geography part of open evening at high school and I was supposed to be showing visitors how to use google earth and they all just want to see what their house looked like from space haha!

I think the 500 minimum stays the same each year but the overall score changes depending on who applies :smile:

Lol I guess it's more to do with how we want space to see our home :redface:

Yay! I hope the cut off isn't too high!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone thinking of applying to Barts (queen mary)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending