Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by katie55
I should probably buy some more stuff for that type of thing I guess :s where can you buy UV paint from?

What are you talking about guys look awesome in prom dresses :tongue:

It changed my favourite colour each time but I cant remember the last one it came up with it was a really strange colour began with a c I think :s

ME and a friend trekked all around town looking for it, i kinda don't want to ruin the adventure you could have :wink: We found ours in Xtras and fancy dress shops.

That... is a worrying opinion!

Yeah, mine definitely changed as well, i think it was powder blue or something at first, but then they happened to chance upon my actual favourite colour and freak me out :tongue: Cyan is the only colour that starts with a C i can think of?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 721
Original post by Orthrus
Hmmm, and would you still do it if you didn't get paid? Or are you just in it for the money, not the love of ironing :') I didn't go to the outback either, other than driving between cities once or twice - i wish i had though! And yeah, the coasts were pretty tame, i think, just like britain... but really hot and with less chavs :tongue: Ouch, way to shoot a boy and his degree scheme down! That'll teach me to be nice :wink:
Mmhmm, yeah i'm expecting labs which aren't shown on my timetable, but i've got 9-2pm of lectures on mondays and tuesdays, 10-12 on wednesday, 11am on thursday, and 9 am on friday - so not very many lie ins :lol: How much time in seminars and stuff are you to expect?

Well I would do it if he asked me to, but not just or the fun of it :') haha who loves ironing?!?! I think they would be really cool but I'm scared of all the creatures lurking there! Hahah if you went to australia you have to visit the beach! Hahah it will indeed :wink: hahahahahahaa omg why do you have so many lectures! That's crazy! Well for history ill have my lecture then an hour long seminar, then I think ima do French so that's abit more time due to language classes, like 4-5 hours a week, then depending what other subject I do for the rest of it but probs two hours of lectures and a seminar for it, so probably 10-12 hours of lectures/seminars :') you don't have much contact for arts subjects :') supposed to do reading etc :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 722
Original post by HannahS95
Well I would do it if he asked me to, but not just or the fun of it :') haha who loves ironing?!?! I think they would be really cool but I'm scared of all the creatures lurking there! Hahah if you went to australia you have to visit the beach! Hahah it will indeed :wink: hahahahahahaa omg why do you have so many lectures! That's crazy! Well for history ill have my lecture then an hour long seminar, then I think ima do French so that's abit more time due to language classes, like 4-5 hours a week, then depending what other subject I do for the rest of it but probs two hours of lectures and a seminar for it, so probably 10-12 hours of lectures/seminars :') you don't have much contact for arts subjects :') supposed to do reading etc :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well lets just hope he doesn't somehow find out you'd do it for free! :wink: I feel like 'my mam' might be the correct but slightly politically incorrect answer here :')
Oh thanks for laughing my misery -_- i was sat here thinking it wasn't bad until you told me yours! Then again, i knew what i was getting myself into when i chose stem subjects - long hours, lots of tests, but also lab coats :biggrin: Hmm, well over all, counting all the further reading i imagine you'll do, i'd say we were about even for course hours :smile: Wait, history counts as an art? That just doesn't seem right to me :')
In other news, nearly my friends will officially be at their freshers by monday - i rather dislike lancaster's late start!
Original post by katie55
The experience will definitely be worth the extra cost, it's what makes uni so great :smile: I really need to go through all my stuff and sort out what I need to take with me and what can stay at home :P have you started buying stuff yet?

I haven’t bought anything yet. I have a schedule though kitchen stuff on Monday etc. Should we be buying UV paint too? Haha.
when do we do the accommodation e-induction ? does anyone know?
Reply 725
Original post by Orthrus
Haha, well lets just hope he doesn't somehow find out you'd do it for free! :wink: I feel like 'my mam' might be the correct but slightly politically incorrect answer here :')
Oh thanks for laughing my misery -_- i was sat here thinking it wasn't bad until you told me yours! Then again, i knew what i was getting myself into when i chose stem subjects - long hours, lots of tests, but also lab coats :biggrin: Hmm, well over all, counting all the further reading i imagine you'll do, i'd say we were about even for course hours :smile: Wait, history counts as an art? That just doesn't seem right to me :')
In other news, nearly my friends will officially be at their freshers by monday - i rather dislike lancaster's late start!

Hahaha indeed! haha wow someone who loves ironing :') Haahah its just I definitely couldnt cope with that many lectures etc, I didnt even think that subjects outside like medicine had that many! Then again I never even considered doing a science degree :') Thank god for arts degrees :wink: Yeah but when you do reading you don't have to read like a whole book just the relevant bits :') well yeah! Theres only Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts, so it has to be arts! All sorts of different things are classed as arts in degree terms :') I know some who went to leeds met who have already been there a week, then some who have been going to northumbria, manchester, sheffield hallam and liverpool who are moving in this weekend! In a way though I kinda dont mind because I have a cold right now and also we don't have to do any work until October ahah :')
Reply 726
Original post by Garrow1564
I haven’t bought anything yet. I have a schedule though kitchen stuff on Monday etc. Should we be buying UV paint too? Haha.

A schedule is a good plan :smile: I hadn't actually thought about that until someone else mentioned it so I guess we should get some UV paint even if it's just one colour other people in your flat might have some too so there might be a few different colours :smile:
Original post by katie55
A schedule is a good plan :smile: I hadn't actually thought about that until someone else mentioned it so I guess we should get some UV paint even if it's just one colour other people in your flat might have some too so there might be a few different colours :smile:

I will have to find some on my marathon shopping trip. :smile: Which is your college?

You haven't bought anything yet? :redface: I wish I left it this late, I have got pretty much everything now and all my friends are at uni so I am now waiting alone for uni/my remark to come back :frown:
Original post by JordanS94
You haven't bought anything yet? :redface: I wish I left it this late, I have got pretty much everything now and all my friends are at uni so I am now waiting alone for uni/my remark to come back :frown:

I like your location :smile:

I’m usually quite organised but I need reinforcements it’s only in the last few weeks that I've gotten on campus accommodation too as well as already owning most of the things I could need.

I'm sure it will be fine :smile:
Reply 730
I will have to find some on my marathon shopping trip. :smile: Which is your college?

I'm in Grizedale what about you?
Original post by katie55
I'm in Grizedale what about you?

County - I don't like the colour yellow :colondollar: I shall have to become accustomed.
Reply 732
Original post by HannahS95
Hahaha indeed! haha wow someone who loves ironing :') Haahah its just I definitely couldnt cope with that many lectures etc, I didnt even think that subjects outside like medicine had that many! Then again I never even considered doing a science degree :') Thank god for arts degrees :wink: Yeah but when you do reading you don't have to read like a whole book just the relevant bits :') well yeah! Theres only Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts, so it has to be arts! All sorts of different things are classed as arts in degree terms :') I know some who went to leeds met who have already been there a week, then some who have been going to northumbria, manchester, sheffield hallam and liverpool who are moving in this weekend! In a way though I kinda dont mind because I have a cold right now and also we don't have to do any work until October ahah :')

Hmmm, i wonder if it's really smart to try get a job on top of all that? Ughh, i knew i should have taken lit or something :rolleyes: Oh right, i thought there were more types - like mine comes under engineering :') Awh, that's awful! D: But good point on the work part, we'll be starting freshers when most are actually starting to work! :lol: which reminds me, i need to stop avoiding doing anything mathematical - i was counting up percentages for something and got 102% overall. :')
Reply 733
Original post by Orthrus
ME and a friend trekked all around town looking for it, i kinda don't want to ruin the adventure you could have :wink: We found ours in Xtras and fancy dress shops.

That... is a worrying opinion!

Yeah, mine definitely changed as well, i think it was powder blue or something at first, but then they happened to chance upon my actual favourite colour and freak me out :tongue: Cyan is the only colour that starts with a C i can think of?

I swear I replied to this earlier but I can't see it so I'm going to reply again :smile:

Think I may try amazon to spare the trekking although I may have a quick attempt first for a small adventure :P

It wasn't Cyan it was a different colour one I might not have heard of, knowing me it didn't begin with a C at all :rolleyes:

and I had written a question here to continue the conversation it seems to be shrinking a tad but I don't remember it :frown:
Reply 734
County - I don't like the colour yellow :colondollar: I shall have to become accustomed.

Yellow isn't too bad, but there are a few nights you are with grizedale so that will be an interesting night with the colleges 'fighting' to see which is better :P
Original post by katie55
Yellow isn't too bad, but there are a few nights you are with grizedale so that will be an interesting night with the colleges 'fighting' to see which is better :P

Haha, one of my best friends is doing the same degree but is in Lonsdale. :ninjagirl:
Reply 736
Original post by Orthrus
Hmmm, i wonder if it's really smart to try get a job on top of all that? Ughh, i knew i should have taken lit or something :rolleyes: Oh right, i thought there were more types - like mine comes under engineering :') Awh, that's awful! D: But good point on the work part, we'll be starting freshers when most are actually starting to work! :lol: which reminds me, i need to stop avoiding doing anything mathematical - i was counting up percentages for something and got 102% overall. :')

Hahah I'm sure it'll be fine if you decide you need a job! It'll be one of those things where you just adjust to everything you have to do and get used to it :') Well yeah there's more types I didn't really think about that at all cos theres Bachelor of surgery as well.... but yeah thinks like english/history etc etc are all under bachelor of arts :') Yeah it is, spesh when we don't even have any lectures in freshers! Don't start working til October 7th :wink: Whereas some people have already begun! :wink: hahahah i never have to do maths again yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! my solution is to use a calculator.... :wink:
Reply 737
Original post by katie55
I swear I replied to this earlier but I can't see it so I'm going to reply again :smile:

Think I may try amazon to spare the trekking although I may have a quick attempt first for a small adventure :P

It wasn't Cyan it was a different colour one I might not have heard of, knowing me it didn't begin with a C at all :rolleyes:

and I had written a question here to continue the conversation it seems to be shrinking a tad but I don't remember it :frown:

Oh right, i didn't get anything!

You should go! The look people give you when you ask for UV paint is hilarious - but maybe that was because we were 2 grown lads :lol: You should make up a funny backstory to tell the shop assistants!

Hmmm, okay, well cyan and coral, cobalt are the extent of my C-based colours :') haha, just watch it be purple or something!

Hmm, i'd try jog your memory, but since i can hardly remember today's date these days (just checked my phone - i thought it was the 14th :facepalm: )! By the way, where did you go before lancaster? I forgot to ask!
Reply 738
Has anyone bought their college membership yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 739
I like your location :smile:

I’m usually quite organised but I need reinforcements it’s only in the last few weeks that I've gotten on campus accommodation too as well as already owning most of the things I could need.

I'm sure it will be fine :smile:

Haha, same I only started buying the kitchen/non tech stuff on Friday xD

Sent from my nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending