The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Maybe but I think 670 is pretty safe. The majority of people will get 650+ but not many will have 700 (excluding the brainiacs on TSR) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi thank for your help, but with 670 UKCAT i was thinking of keele, brighton, and nottingham.

What do you think?
Reply 1561
Original post by purple and gold
hi thank for your help, but with 670 UKCAT i was thinking of keele, brighton, and nottingham.

What do you think?

I applied for Keele last year and had an interview :smile: they use the UKCAT after interview so that doesn't matter.

I have heard Nottingham have a really high cut off (not sure) but I'm sure your average is high enough :smile: they also have a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I applied for Keele last year and had an interview :smile: they use the UKCAT after interview so that doesn't matter.

I have heard Nottingham have a really high cut off (not sure) but I'm sure your average is high enough :smile: they also have a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham place quite a high weighting on the ukcat, but bsms and keele only use it after interview :smile:
Reply 1563
Original post by lovelycup7
Nottingham place quite a high weighting on the ukcat, but bsms and keele only use it after interview :smile:

I wasn't really considering Nottingham because of the questionnaire :redface: and the same for Plymouth and Exeter :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Damn! I didn't think like that!

Also... After reading susie's posts before her UKCAT I hope my TOM comes on time :\

I'm just worried it that my PS will be weak :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was literally just like, what the hell is a TOM. Do I need to bring my TOM? Why don't have my TOM?

Then I looked at my crotch and was like...oh. You mean the crimson wave :tongue:
Original post by ameelia22
I was literally just like, what the hell is a TOM. Do I need to bring my TOM? Why don't have my TOM?

Then I looked at my crotch and was like...oh. You mean the crimson wave :tongue:

Haha I actually laughed out loud at that. When I was in year 7 my friend who got her first period earlier than most of us was going on about "Tom" being around at her house and being a naive 12 year old I thought she was talking about an annoying relative called Tom :colondollar:
Reply 1566
Original post by ameelia22

LOL

I only found out what it stood for in year 13 :redface: I used to think its my friends boyfriend or something! it's not commonly used by people around me. They call it the "P" the capital "P". HAHA at the crimson wave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1567
Hi, I've posted on this thread before. I'm starting a weeks worth of work experience with a renal consultant tomorrow. I'm not familiar with the trust so I'm slightly scared that the consultants won't be as friendly as the ones at the trust where I used to work. I hope that this week goes well for me. Has anyone fully completed their personal statement yet?
Reply 1568
Original post by hawflo
Hi, I've posted on this thread before. I'm starting a weeks worth of work experience with a renal consultant tomorrow. I'm not familiar with the trust so I'm slightly scared that the consultants won't be as friendly as the ones at the trust where I used to work. I hope that this week goes well for me. Has anyone fully completed their personal statement yet?

Well done! I hope you learn a lot from it!
Have you got a job yet? And will you be mentioning you gap year in your PS?

I haven't complete mine at all! Just about done the first draft :smile: how about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm about to book a holiday to Canada for the end of October/start of November. No med schools interview then right? Just thought I'd double check as I'm about to spend a lot of money on it.
Reply 1570
Original post by SusieShire
I'm about to book a holiday to Canada for the end of October/start of November. No med schools interview then right? Just thought I'd double check as I'm about to spend a lot of money on it.

Well unis get your UKCT score in November so I doubt there will be interviews happening too soon. Unless its for Oxbridge or Birmingham (they tend to interview early)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Well unis get your UKCT score in November so I doubt there will be interviews happening too soon. Unless its for Oxbridge or Birmingham (they tend to interview early)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure I'm applying to St George's, King's, Manchester and Sheffield, so hopefully I'll be safe! And I'll be back by Nov 5th (Bonfire night woo!) at latest.
Reply 1572
I'm pretty sure I'm applying to St George's, King's, Manchester and Sheffield, so hopefully I'll be safe! And I'll be back by Nov 5th (Bonfire night woo!) at latest.

Great! Hope you have fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I wasn't really considering Nottingham because of the questionnaire :redface: and the same for Plymouth and Exeter :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I applied to Nottingham last year, the questionnaire isn't that bad! It just asks for work exp details, and then there's basically a situational judgement test! A lot of people like it (although I personally found it too stressful :tongue:)
Where are you thinking of applying this year?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Great! Hope you have fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure I will! My brother's living there and I haven't seen him since January, can't wait! And I just found this on the UKCAT website:

We then communicate your test result directly to your chosen Universities usually during the first week of November.

So if the unis only receive it in the first week it's nearly impossible for them to arrange interviews for that week as applicants need at least a few days notice! Okay I'm going to book it now :biggrin:
Reply 1575
I'm sure I will! My brother's living there and I haven't seen him since January, can't wait! And I just found this on the UKCAT website:

So if the unis only receive it in the first week it's nearly impossible for them to arrange interviews for that week as applicants need at least a few days notice! Okay I'm going to book it now :biggrin:

Lol that's what an admissions tutor told me at Manchester :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1576
Aloha! I am re applying for med school this year, as i got no interviews last year. I am currently on my year out! i have already done some travelling to Asia in the summer holidays and thought it was a great experience i could talk about in my PS.

i got AAB for my a level, so need to resit the B i got in chemistry to pull it up to an A. in my personal statement do i have to mention that i am retaking some modules, if so what do i need to right about it? and how do i say that i am waiting on some work experience at a hospital, as i will not have done this until november, after the ucas deadline!!

btw, what are your stats?
Haha I actually laughed out loud at that. When I was in year 7 my friend who got her first period earlier than most of us was going on about "Tom" being around at her house and being a naive 12 year old I thought she was talking about an annoying relative called Tom :colondollar:

:LOL: Going to an all girls school, you woulda thought I'd be familiar with every way of saying period under the sun - apparently not! Although it was common occurrence for us to provide teachers with excuses (for the usual, swimming, hwk, stress, upset etc) by saying, "But miss, the crimson wave really hit me this morning - practically a world disaster, so I just don't think I can do this hwk tonight..."

Original post by Dr.Ugs
LOL

I only found out what it stood for in year 13 :redface: I used to think its my friends boyfriend or something! it's not commonly used by people around me. They call it the "P" the capital "P". HAHA at the crimson wave!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I know that one!
"Well Mr Arckland can just **** off, the P has arrived, and i'm just not taking any ****," etc.

However I will never forget how I learnt of the term '"P".

My friend (who was also in a relationship): My god the big P was killing me last night
Me: woah. that's a lot of information at once...
My friend: seriously, the cramps as well, it's just exhausting and my back really really hurt
Me: but was it worth it?
My friend: Was what worth it?
Me:........ the sex.....
My friend: blank face.
me: P as in penis right?
My friend: P as in PERIOD. MY god that is disgusting, why would I ever explain my sex injuries to you?! Well actually now you mention it...
Me: please stop. *dies*
Original post by Green Bubblegum
btw, what are your stats?

A Levels: A*A*Aa (Biology, Psychology, English Lit, Chemistry)
GCSEs: 6 A*, 3 A, 1 C
UKCAT: 692.5

Because I only did Chemistry to AS my choices are more limited than most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending