The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Is it the story on BBC News? :frown: Still praying :hugs:

Thanks, I'm not upset because I'm not sure anymore whether I ever met them properly or not but it must be really hard for her son. Yeah...They keep pronouncing their surname wrong, I think I'll have to tweet them.

Over the last few weeks I can't stop thinking that I shouldn't feel happy when so many people are suffering out there. :sad: Seems so hard to live in such a way that you can be happy and then there is the small matter of saving the environment. I definitely have too much spare time to think about this:smile:
Original post by rac1
Thanks, I'm not upset because I'm not sure anymore whether I ever met them properly or not but it must be really hard for her son. Yeah...They keep pronouncing their surname wrong, I think I'll have to tweet them.

Over the last few weeks I can't stop thinking that I shouldn't feel happy when so many people are suffering out there. :sad: Seems so hard to live in such a way that you can be happy and then there is the small matter of saving the environment. I definitely have too much spare time to think about this:smile:

:hugs: I think you're definitely overthinking the last bit. It's easy to become unhappy at the state of the world around us and we live in worrying times, for sure... but there are things to be thankful for and things to be celebrated and be happy about too :yes:
Reply 5762
:hugs: I think you're definitely overthinking the last bit. It's easy to become unhappy at the state of the world around us and we live in worrying times, for sure... but there are things to be thankful for and things to be celebrated and be happy about too :yes:

Yes thankyou :smile:. You're always on PRSOM unfortunately.
Original post by rac1
Yes thankyou :smile:. You're always on PRSOM unfortunately.

Don't worry, tiz the thought that counts. Besides, prayers for me would be more useful :colondollar: Got less than a week til I go to Boston, USA to visit my sister and there's so much to do before then! :eek3:
Reply 5764
Don't worry, tiz the thought that counts. Besides, prayers for me would be more useful :colondollar: Got less than a week til I go to Boston, USA to visit my sister and there's so much to do before then! :eek3:

Oooh! Exciting:happy2:
A Jesuit priest for the first time ever today, who is back in two weeks time.
Ah I love the Jesuits :biggrin:
Reply 5767

Super exciting! Have fun and good luck with all you've got to do!
Original post by Aula
Super exciting! Have fun and good luck with all you've got to do!

Thanks! My dad has provided me with a broken suitcase, which he is going to "mend" :s-smilie: Hope that all turns out OK :erm:

I'm slowly getting there. Just a few last bits and bobs for my sister, then I have to complete my ESTA and basically wipe out my bank accounts in order to afford everything. NYC is SO expensive (we're going there for two days!) :sigh:

:hi: there! Nice to meet you. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in the Chat. Unless you're an imposter in disguise! :hmmm:

:p:
Reply 5771
Reply 5772
Thanks! My dad has provided me with a broken suitcase, which he is going to "mend" :s-smilie: Hope that all turns out OK :erm:

I'm slowly getting there. Just a few last bits and bobs for my sister, then I have to complete my ESTA and basically wipe out my bank accounts in order to afford everything. NYC is SO expensive (we're going there for two days!) :sigh:

NYC :love:

I would love to go there again. Are you going to see something on broadway? Plans for what? :teeth:
Original post by Aula
NYC :love:

I would love to go there again. Are you going to see something on broadway? Plans for what? :teeth:

Tiz my first time going, so atm I'm like this: :excited: :eek3: :crazy:

It was looking like Broadway would be too expensive (online ticket prices are horrific) BUT we're going to the discount ticket booth the day before to try and get a good deal, AND my younger sister gave me a present of $150 towards Broadway in NYC or lobster in Boston - whichever I prefer :biggrin: So we shall see. We've bought a New York Pass thing which gets us entry into lots of attractions, so we're doing stuff like the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty on that, as well as a Broadway walking tour (or two :colondollar: One has music you can listen to whilst you walk :gah: Totally not gonna dance in the middle of the street in the hope that people will drop what they're doing and join in. Knowing all the choreography and lyrics beforehand of course! :ninja: ). I studied jazz for my AS Level Music course and so am dying to go to the Cotton Club in Harlem, as well as doing some general sightseeing around Harlem too. Cotton Club buffet dinner and jazz night costs quite a bit ($55) but has to be done! :awesome:

So yeah, a lot to pack into 2 days :eek:
:hi: there! Nice to meet you. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in the Chat. Unless you're an imposter in disguise! :hmmm:

:p:

Haha. I'm not an imposter.

My name is Adaobi. I'm originally from Nigeria but live in London. I'm 20 years old and I have so much love for God. :yep:

Original post by Aula
Hi :h:

*waves*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ADAOBI123
Haha. I'm not an imposter.

My name is Adaobi. I'm originally from Nigeria but live in London. I'm 20 years old and I have so much love for God. :yep:

*waves*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely to meet you Adaobi. What a beautiful name - does it mean anything nice? :smile: I'm Shan and I'm almost 25 :afraid:
Lovely to meet you Adaobi. What a beautiful name - does it mean anything nice? :smile: I'm Shan and I'm almost 25 :afraid:

It basically means first daughter of a family.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ADAOBI123
It basically means first daughter of a family.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's lovely! :h:

OK peeps, Boston trip is getting closer. Think I'm nearly done with everything: just need to buy some digestive biscuits, print off **** and then actually pack everything. Though I think my dad has decided he is packing my bag :s-smilie: This could be interesting :ninja:
Reply 5778
That's lovely! :h:

OK peeps, Boston trip is getting closer. Think I'm nearly done with everything: just need to buy some digestive biscuits, print off **** and then actually pack everything. Though I think my dad has decided he is packing my bag :s-smilie: This could be interesting :ninja:

Have a lovely time!!!

I finally got an email to say which accommodation I'm in, I wonder how many nights you could stay in NY for, for £4300!
Greetings from Boston, USA :biggrin:

I love Pope Francis :love:

That is all (for now!) :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending