The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Anybody going to Medway school of Pharmacy in 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Heya guys, a guy has created of group for medway freshers so that we can get to know each other and head to canterbury like all together! Sort of lessens the nervousness of meeting new people before we actually go to uni campus

just head to this link: www.facebook.com/events/483238481772572/?fref=ts

and SHARE THIS WITH PEOPLE THAT U KNOW ARE COMING TO KENT!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 61
That sounds like a great idea! Anyone going to the freshers ball MTV event from medway?
Reply 62
Original post by BB118
That sounds like a great idea! Anyone going to the freshers ball MTV event from medway?

Do you have to book that?? What webpage can I go to to look into it???

Oh, also, did you receive a letter from medway saying that you must buy a laboratory notebook, pair of safety glasses and a lab coat? I find it slightly strange that medway are asking us to provide ourself with these things when its a pharmacy course.....:/
Original post by scaphrax

Oh, also, did you receive a letter from medway saying that you must buy a laboratory notebook, pair of safety glasses and a lab coat? I find it slightly strange that medway are asking us to provide ourself with these things when its a pharmacy course.....:/

No but I got the induction week group I'm in
Reply 64

Yeah it's £22 a ticket from the kent union website though there's a limit to 2000 tickets so might be sold out soon!
Reply 65

i agree, I thought they would have these things but at least this way we can buy ourselves a personalised lab coat. Im shopping for it right now.
Reply 66
I feel like I have so little info. I don't know my induction week book or any freshers week information. Do we buy tickets for all the events? Where did you see the stuff about lab equipment? ....how have I missed all this
Reply 67
I haven't had much info come through, only my induction week timetable, and some forms I have to fill in and send...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yh do you know what induction group you're in like 1a,1b,1c,1d and who you're tutor is
Reply 69
Original post by NUdeh
I feel like I have so little info. I don't know my induction week book or any freshers week information. Do we buy tickets for all the events? Where did you see the stuff about lab equipment? ....how have I missed all this

I am sure that it will come soon,mine only came about 2 days ago, but you should have had received an email from them, which includes the pdf format of several timetables.
What I mean is that they should have sent you the pdf format first, then you should have received a booklet format ( so that you do not have to print them off, which I did which was a waste of paper lol ) in the post soon after. The freshers week info is not really given by the uni itself, you have to sort of join facebook groups and click on the links that they provide.

As for the lab equipment, it will say in the letter you'll receive in the post,I actually find it strange that its taking quite long for them to send the paperwork to you... :/ try contacting them. Otherwise, I can send you the paperwork they sent me to you if you could provide me with your email address.
Reply 70
Original post by Workaholic99
Yh do you know what induction group you're in like 1a,1b,1c,1d and who you're tutor is

Yea, I know mine, mine is group 1C and my prof is AA Mathie
Original post by NUdeh

Hi NUdeh,

Once you have enrolled as a student for the University of Kent, you will have received mail through the post with further details as to Freshers' Week.

In the meantime however, you can access more information via the Kent Union website: http://www.kentunion.co.uk/freshers/

Unfortunately the Kentertainment passes have now sold out, but the tickets for the Freshers' Ball are still available to purchase online via the union website. For the other events throughout Freshers' week you have to buy your tickets at the door.

The School of Pharmacy's number is attached below, they will be able to answer any queries about your equipment, etc.

Tel: +44 (0)1634 202935

I hope this helps,

Fiona
Reply 72
Hi, what did u study at dmu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending