The Student Room Group

Sam sqa 2013-14

How is everyone settling into the new academic year? Filling those brains to capacity? Turning your back on polite (and not-so-polite) society until next spring? Signing up for MySQA immediately? Good.

Got any questions about anything SQA-related? Exams, MySQA, Nationals? So ask me.

SAM :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Good to see you SAM.

As for my life, it's not so bad. Highers are tough though. :frown:
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Good to see you SAM.

As for my life, it's not so bad. Highers are tough though. :frown:

Poor you! Gah, you've got those beastly critical essays and close reading papers to contend with, but you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 3
why are Nat 3/4/5's not on UCAS?
Reply 4
Original post by FizzicsGuy

I think because ucas only go up to 2014 entry and so no one would be applying with nat 3/4/5s I don't think :tongue:

Sorry for not getting back quicker. And, do yo know, I don't know the answer to that. But I shall certainly find out for you. Bear with me, I'll be back. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mysqa
How is everyone settling into the new academic year? Filling those brains to capacity? Turning your back on polite (and not-so-polite) society until next spring? Signing up for MySQA immediately? Good.

Got any questions about anything SQA-related? Exams, MySQA, Nationals? So ask me.

SAM :smile:

Why can't I sign into MySQA? Says I need to sign up again or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read it and sleep. Yes, all that kip is good for your studies! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24444634
Original post by Apologetic Cube
Should I be worried by the fact that my MySQA account has yet to be updated following a successful appeal?

No, it takes a wee while for that to happen, but it will soon.
Original post by JimmyGatz
Why can't I sign into MySQA? Says I need to sign up again or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no reason - if you go online and register, then we'll send you an activation code in the post. When you get that, go online and activate and Bob's you mum's brother.
Reply 10
Original post by mysqa
There's no reason - if you go online and register, then we'll send you an activation code in the post. When you get that, go online and activate and Bob's you mum's brother.

But I signed up for it last year? And got my exam results early through that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the delay getting back - the OFFICIAL answer is:
'It's because National 3 and National 4 (and National 5, actually) are not tariff-rated. This is because they are not the progression point into Higher education - this would be SCQF level 6 (Highers) or SCQF level 7 (AHs and Baccs). This is a UK-wide thing so only quals equivalent to our SCQF level 6 are tariff-rated.

This also reflects the situation for current quals - SG and Intermediates.

Occasionally, some HEIs will ask for, usually, English and Maths at SCQF level 5 (Int 2/N5) as entry requirements for things like medicine/nursing etc but having them as entry requirements doesn't mean they have to be tariff-rated.'

Which in short means that only qualifications equivalent to SCQF level 6 and above are tariff-rated.

Hope that helps!
Original post by JimmyGatz
But I signed up for it last year? And got my exam results early through that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

In that case are you sure you're entering the right name and password? If the problem persists, email us at [email protected] - there's no reason you shouldn't be getting on.
1st November soon, then it'll be Xmas - and after that it's Prelims for most. So it's time to get those brains in gear!
Reply 14
Original post by mysqa
1st November soon, then it'll be Xmas - and after that it's Prelims for most. So it's time to get those brains in gear!

Oh Sam, why are you trying to scare us? So many deadlines and stuff to do for advanced highers, uni etc...
Reply 15
Are the SQA still going to be running an appeals system for the 2013 / 2014 year? I keep hearing that this year there will be no appeals, but some of my teachers seem to be unaware of any changes... :smile:
Original post by lala4
Oh Sam, why are you trying to scare us? So many deadlines and stuff to do for advanced highers, uni etc...

Not trying to scare you, but equally I wouldn't want anyone saying "I didn't study for prelims because I didn't think they mattered. If I had I might have got that appeal..."

:smile:
Original post by Sparticon
Are the SQA still going to be running an appeals system for the 2013 / 2014 year? I keep hearing that this year there will be no appeals, but some of my teachers seem to be unaware of any changes... :smile:

Yep, the appeals system is changing. See here. :h:
Original post by Sparticon

Hi, yes the appeals system is changing this year. You can read all about it at http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/65427.html

Hope that helps - if anything's unclear, get back to me.
Questions about the new Nationals? Read all about them in SQA's guide for learners bit.ly/1eahpPr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending