Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by DrFantastic
The course is no longer in clearing :/

Will be soon I'm gonna reject my offer I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 241
Original post by DrFantastic
The course is no longer in clearing :/

Oh .. well regardless, if I was to apply next year?
Reply 242
Hey Samya,

basially I got BBB for A level and rely want to do medicine. I called up for clearing clinical science and I have an interview tomorrow for year 1 not foundation year as they don't have spaces available. I really wanted to do foundation year as I have read that it is easier in terms of the exam. Is the first year harder and is the exam harder as i really really want to progress ... I will work really hard but would just like so guidance as to what you personally experienced or have observed. Thank you for your time x
Hi, I have received my yesterday AS result and my btec and found out I have got an E in Health and social care AS and passed my btec shall I resit my AS health and social care and get into Nursing or shall I do a science course and get onto the clinical sciences as the clinical science degree only wants 2 AS levels or equivalent which my btec is worth I really need help. Then with the clinical sciences I can get into Medicine but only 20 get thorugh is it easy to get into it? or shall I not take the risk? with nursing I have so many benefits such as: tuition fees paid, many careers in nursing etc. and become a Nurse consultant which has many similar roles to a doctor such as prescribing, examining etc. or should I go into a foundation year which will allow me to progress to medicine, which 100 people apply and 20 get through to medicine, shall I take he risk?
Any advice will be helpful
Thanks
Reply 244
Does anyone know what the requirements are for alevel to
Get into the clincal science and then hopefully get transferred to
Medicine?
I looked on their website but can't seem to find the entry requirements:/
Do you have to sit a UKCAT test, is it just medicine that you can get into or other degrees and if I did do the foundation year and did not get into leeds could I try again in year 1 or would I just have to continue the clinical science degree? I have also phoned the admission at the University they said that it is mostly for people who want to study medicine + is there any tips or things that I could include in my personal statement? Thank you
There is one chance to apply for the Leeds transfer either after Foundation
or year one Clin Sci. If you are not accepted after Foundation you cannot apply until you have completed Clin Sci and then you are considered as any post grad applicant. I think this is how it works. You can choose to continue with the Clin Scci degree after Foundation or another degree or to study else where.
Original post by Ayesh123
Medicine?

A levels required are Chen B, Bio B and another subject at B or C(used to be C at least not sure if this has changed). GCSE Maths and English are also required. But its really interview performance that decides
Reply 248
Original post by Shakyamuni
There is one chance to apply for the Leeds transfer either after Foundation
or year one Clin Sci. If you are not accepted after Foundation you cannot apply until you have completed Clin Sci and then you are considered as any post grad applicant. I think this is how it works. You can choose to continue with the Clin Scci degree after Foundation or another degree or to study else where.

Not true, if you apply in Foundation and don't get an interview you can also apply in first year. If you apply in foundation, get an interview and are then rejected after the interview then you can't apply in first year.
Reply 249
Original post by Shakyamuni
A levels required are Chen B, Bio B and another subject at B or C(used to be C at least not sure if this has changed). GCSE Maths and English are also required. But its really interview performance that decides

I know someone in foundation year who had CCC...
This is the last thing I'm worried about but I just wanted to know how many days a week you're in uni for this course?
Original post by Epsilon1234
hello there i am glad to hear that this thread has helped someone in some way :biggrin::biggrin:!!

I amcurrently unaware of what the entry requirements are for this year but if you look on the website then these should become apparent and if not just ring up the clinical sciencesoffice...askto speak to dr hepworth she is really friendly and will give you anhoenst opinion. Nonetheless if you are accepted into clinical sciencesthen your old academic history is disregarded completely...your applicaiton to medicine in leeds either through the foundation or first year will be solely based on your personal statment your interview performacne [if selected] and on the basis that you get 70% and 60% in yr 0 or yr 1, respectively. i myself did not have any grades that are typical of the usual medical candidate. Oh and no the place to medicine is NOT guaranteed it depends on your performance in the whoel application process...your place in medicine is dependant on

>the 60%[yr1]70% [yr0] minimum achievement [yr0 have to obtain 70% in chemistry modules also!]
>your work experience
>your personal statement
>your interview performance

take care, good luck
Hi, I also found your post very helpful so thank you:smile:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Epsilon1234
Hey everyone I thought I should create a thread regarding the clinical sciences course in the University of Bradford because I have noticed there aren't any.

When I was applying I had a lot of questions about the whole transfer scheme to medicine and what my chances were and I would have really appreciated it if I could speak to someone regarding the whole process. I came in through the foundation year and was selected for interview at the Leeds school of medicine but unfortunately I was rejected...I knew that medicine was what I really wanted to do so I stayed on to the final year - and thankfully I finally got a place in medicine.

So yeah if you have any questions, want any advice about the course or city etcetera then feel free to ask...I will try my best to answer as realistically and as best as I can.

If you want to do medicine but you didn't quite get the grades like me in GCSEs and A levels but you feel as though you are more than capable then there's still a chance believe me my academic history is really poor and not typical of your average medical applicant.

I don't profess to be the best person at doing this sort of thing, in fact I have never done it before, but I had always said that if ever I got into medicine I would do my best to try and help those others who were desperately struggling.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

HI, I am looking at applying for this Clinical Sciences course at Bradford and eventually transferring to Medicine at Leeds. I was originally going to apply for something like Biomed, and try as a GEP, but then I saw that this course, you had the opportunity to transfer. What is the course like in comparison to Biomed or Medical Sciences? What gardes did you get at GCSE and A-Levels? How hard is it to get the 70% average, and roughly how many people achieve 70% in the class? If you achieve 70%, what are the chances of being rejected from Leeds?
You say your academic history is really poor, how do you find the medical course then? Harder than the others?
At GCSE, I got A's in sciences and maths, B's in english and a couple C's. I have just finished AS, and got B in maths, C in Chem and Physics and D in biol. I will be resitting a unit in both Biol and chem, hoping to push them up to B's.
If i get onto the course, and get rejected as a transfer, what are the chances of getting in as a graduate?
Sorry for all the questions, would really appreciate some answers :smile:
Thanks x :smile:
Original post by Ayesh123
Medicine?

Depends what year but there have been people accepted onto foundation year with very little. The whole point of the course is widening access to medicine. The first year is difficult and it can sometimes depend on the biology exam board you study too, as I know a lot of people get offers for the foundation year due to lack do course knowledge, even if they have As. However, be aware that A level grades aren't looked at during transfer
They are completely disregarded and it all goes on your year percentage, if you achieve high enough
Reply 254
Original post by sammyjade92
Depends what year but there have been people accepted onto foundation year with very little. The whole point of the course is widening access to medicine. The first year is difficult and it can sometimes depend on the biology exam board you study too, as I know a lot of people get offers for the foundation year due to lack do course knowledge, even if they have As. However, be aware that A level grades aren't looked at during transfer
They are completely disregarded and it all goes on your year percentage, if you achieve high enough

Okay thank very much
Reply 255
Hi guys,

Just wanting to make sure we are allowed to put Clinical Sciences as our fifth option if we are applying for medicine?
Reply 256
Original post by moonziggy
This is the last thing I'm worried about but I just wanted to know how many days a week you're in uni for this course?

Mostly 5 days a week. Lectures are scheduled between 9-5, but the timetable is not full on 9-5. You will have allocated times for self-directed learning so there are breaks between lectures and occasionally a day off in a week.
Reply 257
Original post by Amara Naz
Hi guys,

Just wanting to make sure we are allowed to put Clinical Sciences as our fifth option if we are applying for medicine?

Yes, I think you can.
Original post by Amara Naz
Hi guys,

Yes, it's perfectly ok to do so. I did so last year and got an offer for Clinical Sciences.
Would it be wise to apply to clinical sciences with predictions of BBC (bio, psychology and chemistry respectively)? Does anyone have any experience of applying with lower predicted grades than needed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending