The Student Room Group

TKMAXX job interview advice?!

I've got a job interview for TKMAXX on Tuesday and I have no clue what to expect or what they're going to ask me:/ any advice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SoniaTwizere
I've got a job interview for TKMAXX on Tuesday and I have no clue what to expect or what they're going to ask me:/ any advice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I posted this in another thread a few days ago:

For the benefit of others, this is what happened at my "assessment / group interview".

So there was about 10 people in the group, we had to partner up with someone and basically find out as much as we could about each other in 2 mins, whilst jotting notes down. Then we had to give a mini presentation on what we found out.After, we had to spend 20 minutes observing the men's and woman's floor looking for things that make*TK*Maxx*unique from other retailers. You then have to fill out a questionnaire about customer service, whilst this is happening they'll call people individually for interviews. Just standard interview questions, nothing tricky!
Reply 2
I had an interview with TK Maxx in February of this year, they will change the content of the interview depending on what job your applying for. What is the job title?
Reply 3
I had an interview for the christmas temp today, it was easy, my first ever 1-1 and they made me feel really relaxed! it wasnt that formal really just a few simple questions. Then an hr later they called me up asking if I could do a trail tomorrow 7AM-11AM!

If I can do it and have NO retail experience, then anyone can! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bumperx27
I had an interview for the christmas temp today, it was easy, my first ever 1-1 and they made me feel really relaxed! it wasnt that formal really just a few simple questions. Then an hr later they called me up asking if I could do a trail tomorrow 7AM-11AM!

If I can do it and have NO retail experience, then anyone can! :smile:

Hi, what sort of questions did they ask you? How would you answer why you want to work at TKMAXX?

Reply 5
Original post by JustMee :)
Hi, what sort of questions did they ask you? How would you answer why you want to work at TKMAXX?

My interview was abit different because they already knew me, but they just asked about how you have dealt with difficult situations in the past, why you think you'll be good, how many hours etc. really simple :smile:

And I just said I wanted to work for a well established company hahaa I just made it up on spot. Good luck - it's easy
Reply 6
just thought Id let yous all know I got the job :biggrin: pm me if anyone ever needs help with interview process :P
Reply 7
Hey everyone, how long did it take until you got a phone call asking about the interview after applying?
Reply 8
I got mine a week after and then the job the day after xD
Reply 9
Original post by Fanfane
Hey everyone, how long did it take until you got a phone call asking about the interview after applying?

Took them over two weeks to contact me. In fact, I had to contact them!
just thought Id let yous all know I got the job :biggrin: pm me if anyone ever needs help with interview process :P

I have been asked to go for a second interview. I have already had a group interview. What's to expect at the second one?
Reply 11
Original post by Xmistyxmoox
I have been asked to go for a second interview. I have already had a group interview. What's to expect at the second one?

Could I ask how your group interview went? I have one for a christmas temp on monday and I'm dreading. I hate group interviews and would like to know what to expect and prepare for the worst.
Could I ask how your group interview went? I have one for a christmas temp on monday and I'm dreading. I hate group interviews and would like to know what to expect and prepare for the worst.
Original post by Jazzosaurus

how did it go?! i have mine tomorrow, do you have any tips for me?
Reply 14
Original post by ahmed1096
how did it go?! i have mine tomorrow, do you have any tips for me?

I suppose you've already had your interview by now but maybe I can help some others.

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes.

After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc...all very simple. :smile:
Original post by Knappa90
I suppose you've already had your interview by now but maybe I can help some others.

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes.

After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc...all very simple. :smile:

I got this email just after I came out of my interview haha! I got the job straight away thank God. I had a 1-1 so my experience was quite different to yours but it could definitely help others! Thanks!
Reply 16
Original post by ahmed1096
I got this email just after I came out of my interview haha! I got the job straight away thank God. I had a 1-1 so my experience was quite different to yours but it could definitely help others! Thanks!

Well done on getting the job; it's a fun place work, a little unorganised at times but generally quite enjoyable.
hi! i have my interview on monday, they didnt specify if it was a group or 1-1 but it s for christmas so i think it will be 1-1. what sort of questions should i expect? and are there any specific answers they are looking got?

thankyouuu
I have my interview tomorrow but they didn't specify if it was for a Christmas temp job or not and they didn't specify if it was a group or 1-1 can anyone give me any help?

I have the group and individual exercise tomorrow, what can I expect apart from what you have already said, is the face to face interview hard? Are there any numerical questions, not good on maths.Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending