The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5120
Does anybody think the head of PE at my college is a spitting image of Sean Lock!?

I walked past him today and I did a triple take, I could have sworn it was Sean Lock. :tongue:

Not the best picture, as I had to go onto the college's email system thing and get his picture, but still, what do you think!?

sim.png
Just in case anyone needs a bit of motivation to work:
[video="youtube;KxGRhd_iWuE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE[/video]
Reply 5122
Original post by LeFailFish
Really? My school does loads of things like that - employing Sixth Formers as MDSAs, getting us to volunteer to run Homework Clubs and Science Clubs etc, sending us on Year 7 Camp as supervisors, all sorts! We're encouraged to do as much for the lower school as possible, time permitting.

Yeah, I've never heard of them helping academically. We have a system at my school where the older kids help with the transition from primary to secondary and they help out with lunch clubs and stuff, but we don't help out academically at all.
Reply 5123
Original post by LeFailFish
Really? My school does loads of things like that - employing Sixth Formers as MDSAs, getting us to volunteer to run Homework Clubs and Science Clubs etc, sending us on Year 7 Camp as supervisors, all sorts! We're encouraged to do as much for the lower school as possible, time permitting.

Mine does all sorts to use us to help the little kids :rolleyes: :lol:
Original post by techno836
Mine does all sorts to use us to help the little kids :rolleyes: :lol:

The little kids tell me to f off :frown:

Original post by Lucas.
Does anybody think the head of PE at my college is a spitting image of Sean Lock!?

I walked past him today and I did a triple take, I could have sworn it was Sean Lock. :tongue:

Not the best picture, as I had to go onto the college's email system thing and get his picture, but still, what do you think!?

sim.png

Dunno who he is, but he looks similar!
Reply 5125
Original post by Glitch96

Haha i'll probably have alot like that :rolleyes:
Reply 5126

I feel like the year 7s at my school would be like that too. Most of them know more swear words than I do.
Reply 5127

You don't know who Sean Lock is...........................

(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not sure about the paired reading scheme, anyone else thinking of doing it? If you don't know, it's when you have a year 7 read to you and you help them when they struggle. Apparently my school doesn't do the same but with Math, shame.

Original post by techno836
Haha i'll probably have alot like that :rolleyes:

Original post by emcat
I feel like the year 7s at my school would be like that too. Most of them know more swear words than I do.

It's not like I'm even interacting with them, they just randomly tell me that as i'm walking around the school xD

Original post by Lucas.

Nope not a clue :tongue:
Reply 5129
I'm not sure about the paired reading scheme, anyone else thinking of doing it? If you don't know, it's when you have a year 7 read to you and you help them when they struggle. Apparently my school doesn't do the same but with Math, shame.

It's not like I'm even interacting with them, they just randomly tell me that as i'm walking around the school xD

Nope not a clue :tongue:

Hahaha :rofl:
Reply 5130
My sixth form has a chilli eating challenge on friday, I have never eaten a chilli before...
Original post by iJess
My sixth form has a chilli eating challenge on friday, I have never eaten a chilli before...

Trick is to swallow whole and definitely not chew... :tongue:
Reply 5132
we have that kinda 'student mentoring' too, but not for little kids rather people who are struggling to pass their gcse math and english. i had this guy for a year and he went down from a D in november to an E in march then a C in june. on results day he came up to me and gave me a high 5 for getting his C and it was the greatest **** ever
Original post by Georgiecat
Really? I mean, I know UCL prefers a contrasting arts subject, but I'm pretty sure that Cambridge, Imperial and Plymouth need three sciences (if you consider maths a science), and a lot of other places prefer to see three sciences. I'm by no means an expert though...

Cambridge definitely requires needs 3...

But no where else really cares. They want two sciences and AAA/A* and then everything else is more important.

Sorry but I'm only doing two sciences and want to do medicine....so I'm a little touchy on the subject....
Reply 5134
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Never done anything like it before lol but thinking I might go for it. I went to the school attached to my sixth form and got so bullied by everyone in my year so had no confidence, went to college for a year then went back and get on so well with the year I'm doing year 12 with so I do have the confidence to do such a thing now lol
Original post by iJess
Never done anything like it before lol but thinking I might go for it. I went to the school attached to my sixth form and got so bullied by everyone in my year so had no confidence, went to college for a year then went back and get on so well with the year I'm doing year 12 with so I do have the confidence to do such a thing now lol

Aah, confidence is key:wink:

Seriously though, don't chew... Or you'll regret the whole thing :rofl:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

lol, when you say that it sounds so.....:rolleyes:
Reply 5137
Original post by iJess

Haha, that sounds interesting. Is it a contest to see who can eat the most chillies or who can eat the hottest chilli?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucas.

Quoting again because of Simon Cowell lolage
Reply 5139
Original post by emcat
Haha, that sounds interesting. Is it a contest to see who can eat the most chillies or who can eat the hottest chilli?

It's to the hottest. My head of sixth form says it starts off with weak ones and you can pull out at any time if it gets too much

Latest