Finally. My kind of thread.

*waves*:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hello:
Original post by ADAOBI123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holla! :penguinhug: Welcome to the asylum!... I mean humble, Godly, abode :angel:

I'll be your resident post-modern Kierkegaardian Christian ready to help you in all your progressive, existentialist needs :awesome: Have an existential angst ridden cookie :cookie:
Original post by tasha96
Hello! :wavey: Welcome to the soc. :hugs:

Thanks for the welcoming.
Original post by fluteflute

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Holla! :penguinhug: Welcome to the asylum!... I mean humble, Godly, abode :angel:

I'll be your resident post-modern Kierkegaardian Christian ready to help you in all your progressive, existentialist needs :awesome: Have an existential angst ridden cookie :cookie:

Lmao:biggrin:

Aww, y'all too sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile
New meat in the thread :teeth:

:hi:
Reply 845

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fresh blood :colone: :teeth: :colone:

Just kidding, I'm veggie :tongue:

Welcome! :jive: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
New meat in the thread :teeth:

:hi:

Haha. Heyyy.

Original post by Mazzini
Fresh blood :colone: :teeth: :colone:

Just kidding, I'm veggie :tongue:

Welcome! :jive: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew. We thank God.:ahee:
Thanks for the prayers, guys.

Also...

FRESH MEAT. NEW BLOOD. :teeth:
:mob:

:getmecoat:
*retreats back to her lurking hole*
HOW IS UNIVERSITY SO SOON. I'M SO UNPREPARED WHAT IS LIFE

Will I survive? How will I handle the lifestyle change? Will I be lazy throughout the whole 3 years? Questions... Questions that will be answered eventually.
Reply 849
Phew. We thank God.:ahee:

:teehee:

Feel free to introduce yourself :yep:

I'm Mazz, resident middle-of-the-road-and-strangely-liberal Anglican :yep: :teehee: :jebus:

Original post by FinnLassie
Thanks for the prayers, guys.

Also...

FRESH MEAT. NEW BLOOD. :teeth:
:mob:

:getmecoat:
*retreats back to her lurking hole*

:rofl:

PRSOM :sad:

Original post by chickenonsteroids

Will I survive? How will I handle the lifestyle change? Will I be lazy throughout the whole 3 years? Questions... Questions that will be answered eventually.

:console:
Original post by Mazzini
:teehee:

Feel free to introduce yourself :yep:

I'm Mazz, resident middle-of-the-road-and-strangely-liberal Anglican :yep: :teehee:

My name is Adaobi. I'm originally from Nigeria but live in London. I'm 20 years old and I have so much love for God. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 851
Sorry about that, you were all so helpful answering my questions, and I went on holiday and only just checked TSR again :colondollar: I bit the bullet and made it to the Methodist Church for yesterday's service - now I don't know where to try next...

Original post by Feefifofum
My advice would be do what GEG said and talk to the CU - although they probably won't be around much before term. But you can also just go along to different churches and see what you like - there's no better way of working out whether something's right for you than to experience it yourself :smile:

Thanks, I'll send off an email today and see what kind of response I get. I'll probably end up getting through a few of the churches in the area before I get around to talking to them tbh though...

Original post by Diety
There are a plethora of differences between the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches, Roman Catholicism, and the thousands of Protestant denominations. These differences include beliefs both minor and central, as well as styles of worship. I've spent a while considering and researching different groups and would be happy to help :smile: if you tell me what the denominations are with Churches where your uni is, I could give you some info on them. Beyond that, my advice would be 1. Go to the Churches, perhaps for a service on Sunday just to see if you like the feel of the place/style of worship. 2. Genuinely look up the denomination; research what they believe and see if you like it - Wiki is actually a great source for this. 3. Despite what the others have said, be cautious of your CU; I don't know what your uni is, but at mine (Durham) it's to all extents and purposes a Protestant fundamentalist group, and only recommends Churches that are of evangelical Protestant denominations, saying these are the ones you should go to as they are 'bible based' (as if other Churches aren't :tongue: ) the same goes for Cambridge's CU and others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had a look and the churches in the area are: Elim Church Silverdale, Sacred Heart, Silverdale Methodist Church, Silverdale United Reformed Church and St. Luke. I feel really dim now, I hadn't even thought of Wiki :l Thanks for the warning, I'll probably still talk to them, but at least I know to ask about every single church in the area, rather than only go on their recommendations... I'm not sure what the CU is like though, the only thing they're known for is giving out free tea and toast after nights out :colondollar:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey, welcome! :biggrin:

Do you know which denomination you were baptised into? That could be a good start :yes:

I'm all for church shopping but I think Diety's caution about university CUs is a wise one :yes:

I honestly have no idea, all I know is that it was done in Worcester, and my Mum was baptised at the same time.

You will be fine, young chicken! You just gotta go for it! :yep:

Original post by SaySaam

I honestly have no idea, all I know is that it was done in Worcester, and my Mum was baptised at the same time.

Ah OK. Maybe your mum remembers? I just ask because sometimes a good starting place can be the denomination you were baptised into, since then you don't have to go through the whole rigmarole of officially joining (I'm thinking far later down the line here, once you've settled on a church you like! :yes: ) :yep:
Hey guys, really sorry to be a pain but I need hugs right now. First day went fine, only major setback was that I sort of rediscovered my inate fear of speaking in front of a group and I actually feel rather daunted by it all now :/ But then when I got home mum had collapsed so i've spent the last 7 incredibly mind numbinf hours at the hospital where she's now staying over. They don't know what it is but I doubt it's too serious but when you've ate or drink nothing and only got 3 hours sleep it's pretty imposible to cope :frown: Pretty much broke down on the phone to my brother I was so exhausted.

It's not really how a first day is supposed to go but there we are :ashamed:
Reply 854
Hey guys, really sorry to be a pain but I need hugs right now. First day went fine, only major setback was that I sort of rediscovered my inate fear of speaking in front of a group and I actually feel rather daunted by it all now :/ But then when I got home mum had collapsed so i've spent the last 7 incredibly mind numbinf hours at the hospital where she's now staying over. They don't know what it is but I doubt it's too serious but when you've ate or drink nothing and only got 3 hours sleep it's pretty imposible to cope :frown: Pretty much broke down on the phone to my brother I was so exhausted.

:jumphug:

You'll get there with the speaking in front of a group stuff :yes: But serious massive :console: for the rest of it.

You'll be fine!

You will survive, you will handle the lifestyle change with few or no problems. You will be a student and therefore probably will be lazy throughout the whole 3 years.

Hope I helped :cute:

All my love and prayers. :hugs: Are you okay lovely? :loveduck:
bacon.

Massive hugs for you darling, praying for everything to be okay!
Original post by Aula
:jumphug:

You'll get there with the speaking in front of a group stuff :yes: But serious massive :console: for the rest of it.

Original post by tasha96
All my love and prayers. :hugs: Are you okay lovely? :loveduck:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Massive hugs for you darling, praying for everything to be okay!

Thanks everyone, you all are very sweet :penguinhug: And yeah I think i'll be fine, I keep getting teary over it but it's mostly just tiredness. I'm thinking i'm gonna catch an early night now for tomorrow as i'm going society hunting and i've got three lectures :yawn:

Oh how horrible :frown: I'm so sorry. Big prayers and hugs for you (sorry, only just seen this) :jumphug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending