The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Cornerstone
It's not really his fault, the magazine that SnK is published in is a monthly shonen magazine not a weekly one. IIRC the author tried to publish it through shonen jump (a weekly magazine) but was rejected by them (probably because it didnt have the same 'friendship is everything!!!' vibe that most of them have lol)

I see I know it's a monthly beacuse of the magazine it's published in, I just wish it'd move to a weekly if possible (not affecting standards). Jump is a tad annoying at times, the friendship get's a bit annoying at times. It seems there's no normal way to power up other than the saving your nakama way. Rankings are very obscure as well.
I've just moved to my uni recently, the amount of time I have to watch anime is ridiculous now, gonna finish a box set then I guess.
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
I've just moved to my uni recently, the amount of time I have to watch anime is ridiculous now, gonna finish a box set then I guess.

My anime viewing really took off while at uni, wish I had the time to marathon series the way I used to back then. :moon:

Out of interest, any idea whether yours has an anime society or similar group? :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
My anime viewing really took off while at uni, wish I had the time to marathon series the way I used to back then. :moon:

Out of interest, any idea whether yours has an anime society or similar group? :smile:

My freshers fair is on Thursday, but I'm sure there is one, if not I'll just make one. I'm in London so it will be quite weird if there isn't one.
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
My freshers fair is on Thursday, but I'm sure there is one, if not I'll just make one. I'm in London so it will be quite weird if there isn't one.

My anime society starts on the 24th and since I have no idea how to pay for it (£5 for the year), I intend just to show up with a fiver on the 24th even though they have no idea where they are meeting yet. =l
Only problem with my halls is the internet is so crappy in the morning!!! DX
Moved in on Friday.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and terrible phone service because of all the big buildings around...
Reply 5525
Wow everyone has started uni so much earlier than me! I don't start till the 28th, I just wanna be there already :frown:
Original post by Naami
Wow everyone has started uni so much earlier than me! I don't start till the 28th, I just wanna be there already :frown:

I've not started yet, I don't start until the 23rd.
I just left home early so I could get in on the welcome weekend (especially at night). =P
Unfortunately, all the best stuff happens at another campus. :frown:

Including the anime society, meaning, I have to get on the bus for an hour just to get there...
Reply 5527
Original post by Scienceisgood
I just left home early so I could get in on the welcome weekend (especially at night). =P

Including the anime society, meaning, I have to get on the bus for an hour just to get there...

Wait, your uni has two campuses? That's a bit odd...especially if they're so far from one another. My arrivals weekend is the 28th, but we start lectures on the 30th; meaning we have to balance freshers AND learning - oh the joys! But I hope you're having a good start to uni! Must be an exciting time for you right now :biggrin:
Original post by Naami
Wait, your uni has two campuses? That's a bit odd...especially if they're so far from one another. My arrivals weekend is the 28th, but we start lectures on the 30th; meaning we have to balance freshers AND learning - oh the joys! But I hope you're having a good start to uni! Must be an exciting time for you right now :biggrin:

I thought it was normal for different courses because the sciences go on on one campus for me, things like media and that lot go on at another and there is a third campus for everything else.

I am incredibly eager to join the anime society, finally a lot of people I can relate to in terms of anime. XD
(edited 10 years ago)
My university (Aberystwyth) has various buildings and campuses all over (and even just outside) the town. All for seperate subjects, i.e the Rural Sciences were out in the middle of nowhere, the other sciences were together on top of the hill, as were the languages, and the Art department was hidden away on the other side of town in the Old College building that looked like it should be in Harry Potter... but since I was studying Environmental Science (a mix of biology, geology and rural sciences), Anime Society was in the languages dept. building, and Card Soc was in the Old College, I had a lot of travelling to do. :p: Worth it, though. :yes:

The anime society was my first time meeting other anime fans (in person, and excluding my sisters who I 'converted' :p:), it was definitely a fun experience. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
My university (Aberystwyth) has various buildings and campuses all over (and even just outside) the town. All for seperate subjects, i.e the Rural Sciences were out in the middle of nowhere, the other sciences were together on top of the hill, as were the languages, and the Art department was hidden away on the other side of town in the Old College building that looked like it should be in Harry Potter... but since I was studying Environmental Science (a mix of biology, geology and rural sciences), Anime Society was in the languages dept. building, and Card Soc was in the Old College, I had a lot of travelling to do. :p: Worth it, though. :yes:

The anime society was my first time meeting other anime fans (in person, and excluding my sisters who I 'converted' :p:), it was definitely a fun experience. :biggrin:

My campus is on top of this bleeding great hill!
Takes a lot of effort to get up it if you miss your stop!!! (missed my first stop the other day and when I pushed the button, the bus driver missed the next...)
Took me 45 minutes to find the campus (not from Bristol...) and arrived with 5 minutes to spare before it started... (one of those meet and greet over free complimentary lunch things)
(edited 10 years ago)
My campus is on top of this bleeding great hill!
Takes a lot of effort to get up it if you miss your stop!!! (missed my first stop the other day and when I pushed the button, the bus driver missed the next...)
Took me 45 minutes to find the campus (not from Bristol...) and arrived with 5 minutes to spare before it started... (one of those meet and greet over free complimentary lunch things)

I quite liked walking up the hill to university/anime society, since it was pretty much my only excersize. Don't think I took the bus once. :p: Though I'm used to long walks, it takes me about 40 minutes to get from the village bus stop back to home every evening after work. :yes:

*listens to anime themes and soundtracks the whole journey* :music:
Just thought I would let you guys know I am finally downloading Mirrai Nikki (Future Diary) and am converting it as I type this message so I can attack hard drive to TV and watch on a bigger TV screen rather than laptop and will also be converting while doing the dishes...

I hate dishes...
I mean, I like to cook food and I like to eat food even more (find me a guy who doesn't like food), but I hate the dishes...

Kept saying I am gonna watch this and since I have 5 days (well, let's say 4 given today is nearly over) to watch the 26 episode anime series, I thought I may as well watch it now before work starts piling up. =P
Is it weird now that I just had a couple of people knock on the door asking me to go to the dorm 204? =P

EDIT:
Didn't know so many people liked smurfs this much. So many blue people in white hats. 0.0
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5534

Mine is the same, the anime Soc is on the other campus, I think it's only half an hour by bus but if I want to go to regular meets then it'll cost me a fair bit. Luckily I found out that i'm sharing a flat with another Otaku so I'm good there, we can chill and watch anime together when we're both short on cash and can't go out. I'm thinking of getting a bike while i'm at uni so I can bike it to town and stuff to do the shopping. I prefer that to walking.
:tumble:

Just finished Gin no Saji (or the first half of it at least, since it'll be continuing in the Winter). I liked how it didn't shy away from the realities of farming livestock, and thought the characters were great too. Fun and educational. :biggrin:
Well guys, officially joined the anime society at uni today. =D
Was a PAIN IN THE ASS finding it and when I did find it *facepalm* I was so peed off... It was RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the other society I joined!

The failness is epic in that mind... spent like 2 hours trying to find it!
Just finished the anime Mirai Nikki.

Spoiler

I wonder if Akise ever found anyone like a bf or in general a best friend, he was the only one who you remain unknown of his current status.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just finished the anime Mirai Nikki.

Spoiler

I wonder if Akise ever found anyone like a bf or in general a best friend, he was the only one who you remain unknown of his current status.
Might I direct you to Mirai Nikki Redial? :smile: I've heard this clears up some stuff at the ending, haven't seen it yet though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just head Black Butler is getting a live action movie in January 2014. =D

Latest