The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Sefs course? You've lost me I'm afraid, what are you referring to? (I might have the answer but I tend to forget names of things sorry)

This year I'm living in town.
It's the science and engineering foundation year course, did you do it?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Sociology... Telford anyone?
Anyone else in Cayley or doing some sort of design course? I'm doing product design and technology BSc.
Original post by thenickoftime
Very few courses have reading weeks! Only the Social Sciences department I believe.

I'm going to be doing Economics, which is a Social Science! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Burty123

Posted from TSR Mobile

is English a social science? hahaha, stupid question I know but I pray we have a reading week!! :frown:
Original post by justhere873
Sociology... Telford anyone?

I'm in Telford :biggrin: Doing English! Have you booked your arrival slot?
Original post by alicepriestley
I'm in Telford :biggrin: Doing English! Have you booked your arrival slot?

Wahey! No I haven't but I'll probably choose something early.. Have you?
Original post by Burty123

Afraid it's not. You're a business school student! (in other words, no reading weeks)
Original post by thenickoftime
Afraid it's not. You're a business school student! (in other words, no reading weeks)

:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Original post by RandyAndy4

It's the science and engineering foundation year course, did you do it?

Ah no, my foundation was in art & design... I actually have no idea how many different foundation courses there are, the only other one I've heard of is in chemical engineering...
Reply 610
Original post by alasdairgeddes
Anyone else in Cayley or doing some sort of design course? I'm doing product design and technology BSc.

Yer I'm in calley, have you got any stuff for the freshers fancy dress yet?
Original post by Atotheb

Um... What?
Original post by Eireni
Ah no, my foundation was in art & design... I actually have no idea how many different foundation courses there are, the only other one I've heard of is in chemical engineering...

Fair enough how did you find your course and are you going for halls again? There's only 2 foundation courses the sefs one just allows you to progress to any engineering or science course
Reply 613
Original post by RandyAndy4
Fair enough how did you find your course and are you going for halls again? There's only 2 foundation courses the sefs one just allows you to progress to any engineering or science course

Oh I see! Ah I quite liked the course but then I'm a huge optimist so I can't say how valid my judgement is... And no I'm not, I'm staying in town now.
where do we get our ID cards from and platinum cards? and if you affiliate with a hall where do you get your freshers pack with the T-shirt ?
Original post by fruit_bowl3103
where do we get our ID cards from and platinum cards? and if you affiliate with a hall where do you get your freshers pack with the T-shirt ?

I know you get your platinum/extra sticker for your ID card at the union on one of the first days you're there. I'd put a little post on the Facebook freshers' page for the hall you've affiliated to asking where and when you pick it up if I were you. It'll probably be on the hall's moving-in day in their common room or dining hall (but don't take my word for it).
Reply 616
Original post by fruit_bowl3103

ID cards depends on where you're living. If you're not in a hall, you pick them up on the 27th from the James France building between 12.30 and 5. If you are in a hall, the hall gives it to you with your keys, either from a kinda meeting area for the hall (for example, Royce kids go to their cafeteria), or if you arrive late, from the reception that deals with your hall and sorts your mail (not parcels though, that's a different system) (Royce's equivalent reception, which also works for Faraday, village court, Telford and Rutherford, is the Whitworth building.)
Reply 617
I have a room in Robert Bakewell to get rid of if anyone wants it. Let me know ASAP
Original post by Atotheb

Im in cayley too! What course you doing mate?
Original post by Shak995
Yeah man me too which hall are you studying in? What is ur twitter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not staying in halls this year unfortunately and i regret that i made this decision i am commuting from leicester which is 5 mins away taking the train. I just had induction and at lunchtime everyone went back to their halls and i didnt know what to do im just regreting not living in halls now and why cant I private message you for some reason whats your twitter then? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending