That's nice :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:ahee:

Why? It's so stupid :lol:

Is it a fee-paying school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
:lol:

on a separate note, the crush of many years wants to see me before I go so we can talk about everything, he also said in the same text he'll try and come down my first weekend (technically my second) when I'm at university. Good signs?

Yes :tongue: definitely :rofl:
Original post by Endless Blue
Is it a fee-paying school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I don't pay any fees, yes, it is :tongue:
Reply 3403

I'm still trying to not get my hopes up :tongue:

Although I don't pay any fees, yes, it is :tongue:

Then there is your answer. Even though *you* don't pay any fees, the procedure is there because for the majority of the other pupils who attend, their parents have invested huge amounts of money in their education. Besides which, parents play an important part in their childrens' lives (like it or not) and so it isn't totally unreasonable ton include them in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
I'm still trying to not get my hopes up :tongue:

Hmmm... It'll be a LDR though...
Then there is your answer. Even though *you* don't pay any fees, the procedure is there because for the majority of the other pupils who attend, their parents have invested huge amounts of money in their education. Besides which, parents play an important part in their childrens' lives (like it or not) and so it isn't totally unreasonable ton include them in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So? Parents pay for their education because they want to. They shouldn't be allowed to say no to their child studying something...
Reply 3406

We know :rolleyes:

But we talk everyday, he's able to stay the weekend and luckily my timetable permits me to go to his for the weekend. . .we're going to talk about the logistics of it all when we eventually talk :yep: he wants us to work as much as I do so hopefully it'll work if he decides he wants to be with me :crossedf:
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Hi!!! Can't believe how quickly the first 2 weeks have gone! :P
I want to do Midwifery :smile:
AS: Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths
A2: Biology, History and Maths
Universities: York, Northumbria, Teeside, Cumbria and ??? (maybe Keele or Chester... :s-smilie:)
Reply 3408
How y'all finding the motivation to revise? :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
We know :rolleyes:

But we talk everyday, he's able to stay the weekend and luckily my timetable permits me to go to his for the weekend. . .we're going to talk about the logistics of it all when we eventually talk :yep: he wants us to work as much as I do so hopefully it'll work if he decides he wants to be with me :crossedf:

Sounds promising :teeth:
Reply 3410
Sounds promising :teeth:

:yep: slightly dreading the big relationship talk though :s-smilie:
Original post by SyedaK

This and

this

:colone:
Original post by lilGem
:yep: slightly dreading the big relationship talk though :s-smilie:

Aww, it'll be fine :tongue: although you get nervous because you plan it all in your head!

Original post by Felix Felicis
x

I dumped Geography lessons :smug: but the head of Geography likes me and I do like Geography, so he's offered out of hours to do the AS! :biggrin: gonna do the AS and drop the A2 :redface:

And settling in wise, it's all going to change again because all my classes have been re jigged :erm: I'll make new class mates though I think!
Reply 3413
Aww, it'll be fine :tongue: although you get nervous because you plan it all in your head!

I'm just nervous as it is such a big talk. . .and I've convinced myself it won't go how I want it to :lol:
Original post by lilGem
I'm just nervous as it is such a big talk. . .and I've convinced myself it won't go how I want it to :lol:

That's always good. Expect nothing, so you're never disappointed!
This and

this

I saw this video as well when I first considered Cambridge, I'd love to go there :colone:
Reply 3416

This and

this

ooh wow!!! no chance of me going there. I'm using the money route. A* = £80, A = £60 B= £50.. etc
This and

this

Where is that?

So? Parents pay for their education because they want to. They shouldn't be allowed to say no to their child studying something...

Not the point I was making. I said, they should be involved in the process.
Not the point I was making. I said, they should be involved in the process.

Yes, but overall they want consent from parents... Written as well, so don't see the harm in me just asking my parents what they think and just going through with it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest