The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile:

I'm doing A&F at Rootes but I don't know what block I am in, or whether I am in Old Rootes or New Rootes. I'd really like to know of course :tongue:

How did people find out? I've enrolled, got my IT account and done my accom. contract but didn't see my block letter
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Nirgilis
Ooo, a chemical biologist :colone: . I'm on me third year of that course now - let me tell you, we're a rare breed! :colone: . There's only about 8 per year :lol: . If you have any questions, hit me up! :h:

Andyway, the Las Vegas night is £20 because it is a whole union event, where the fancy the place up and everything, and generally make it an impressive night. All the events which are £3-£4 etc., will only be copper rooms events (just the nightclub).

And Benefactors is an amazing hall! Don't you worry about that! :biggrin:

Sweet! I managed to get a place through clearing as I didn't make it into UCL. The course looks pretty awesome though, I can't believe such a low number of students do it.

Ah that makes sense then, I guess it's a pretty big night that night then?

Did you stay in Benefactors yourself? I heard its a very small hall so I'm hopeful everyone gets to know one another pretty well!
Reply 942
Original post by oscarw2

I'm doing A&F at Rootes but I don't know what block I am in, or whether I am in Old Rootes or New Rootes. I'd really like to know of course :tongue:

How did people find out? I've enrolled, got my IT account and done my accom. contract but didn't see my block letter

When you open your contract it should say A-I(Which is Old) or J-P(Which is New)
Original post by oscarw2

Hi! im doing A&F too and going to live at Roots and my contract also does not tell me if its going to be the old one or the new one.
Original post by bbcs2k9
When you open your contract it should say A-I(Which is Old) or J-P(Which is New)
I had another look at the contract but couldn't see it. :s-smilie:
Reply 945
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
I'm in new rootes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by bbcs2k9
I'm in new Rootes As well

Original post by KatieLou_95
I'm in new Rootes as well :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome! I can't wait to meet you all. :biggrin:
Reply 946
Original post by oscarw2
I had another look at the contract but couldn't see it. :s-smilie:

Click on Arrival instructions then it will open a pdf:
arrival.jpg
This is what will open up. Then if it says A-I it's you're in old Rootes and if it says J-P you're in New Rootes.
arrival2.jpg
Reply 947
Is anybody thinking of joining Simplygym in Cannon Park? I figured since I'll be in Westwood it could be almost easier to get to than the uni gym. I also heard the university gym can get a bit congested. Anybody have any experience with either gym?
Original post by bbcs2k9
Click on Arrival instructions then it will open a pdf:
arrival.jpg
This is what will open up. Then if it says A-I it's you're in old Rootes and if it says J-P you're in New Rootes.
arrival2.jpg
Thanks, I'm in New Rootes
Can we pay for the accommodation and tuition fee now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 950
OMG, this is confusing,,,I definitely transfer the correct amount of money to the Uni... but in "Student Finance", it says they received 6 pounds less than what it suppose to be...What happen?
Reply 951
Just bought tickets for the comedy night, Pop and the Freshers Party.

I'm torn between Crash and Rave Digger, what did you guys go for? Crash looks like fun, but then again it goes on throughout term...
Reply 952
Still not bought any freshers tickets as I thought I was taking a gap year. Is everywhere decent now sold out?
Reply 953
Original post by Selym95
Still not bought any freshers tickets as I thought I was taking a gap year. Is everywhere decent now sold out?

Nope! The Paint Party, Drop, and Pop on the 2nd October are the only ones that have sold out so far. You can still get tickets to everything else.
Reply 954
The line up for the Freshers Party looked so good so I got myself I ticket now :cool:
Reply 955
Original post by violet17
Nope! The Paint Party, Drop, and Pop on the 2nd October are the only ones that have sold out so far. You can still get tickets to everything else.

Not sure whether to get them now or wait until I get there... would hate to have to go to an event that none of my flatmates have bought tickets for (and vice versa)
Reply 956
Original post by Selym95

Not sure whether to get them now or wait until I get there... would hate to have to go to an event that none of my flatmates have bought tickets for (and vice versa)

Saaame. At the same time though, I don't really want to box myself into only doing what my flatmates are doing... I mean, half the point of going is meeting other people, right? If you wait til you get there before you buy anything you risk things selling out.
Reply 957
Original post by violet17
Saaame. At the same time though, I don't really want to box myself into only doing what my flatmates are doing... I mean, half the point of going is meeting other people, right? If you wait til you get there before you buy anything you risk things selling out.

You're probably right! Ha, I just can't imagine going out on my own and just going up to people. Ah, there is a first time for everything i guess!
Original post by Selym95

I'm sure there will be somebody in your block that has the fresher's passport, you can just go with them!

Like me :smile:
Reply 959
Original post by Nirgilis
x

You've probably answered this a million times, but what is the situation with the NUS cards, and which one to get?

Also, regarding when to apply/pay for societies. is this all done in freshers or is it recommended to do it before (no idea how we do this)?

You deserve a medal, Nirgilis!!

Quick Reply

Latest