The Student Room Group

Btec Applied Science level 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by phippsyc
I've just finished my first year of as levels including btec level 3 science (6 units). I've complete all of the core units but now I've decided I don't want to carry on the course anymore, so haven't done the other three units. Does anybody know if I will get a grade or anything out of just completing 3 units?
Well im not sure :frown: but you could try and asking your teacher, why dont u want to continue it? are u doing diploma, certificate, extended diploma etc.?
Reply 21
Original post by nadzworldz
Well im not sure :frown: but you could try and asking your teacher, why dont u want to continue it? are u doing diploma, certificate, extended diploma etc.?

I'm doing an extended diploma the 6 unit one, but I've only done the three core units, which I think are fundamentals if science, analytical practical techniques and working in the science industry, I think I may be able to get just the diploma and not the extended diploma. I want to stop doing it because I'm moving to a different college to restart my a levels and also at my current college teachers will help you get a pass then they will tell you to wait until they can be bothered to give you merit or distinction work and get Mardy when you ask for more work so it isn't a very nice experience especially ask was aiming for distinction in all units :frown:
Reply 22
I'm doing an extended diploma the 6 unit one, but I've only done the three core units, which I think are fundamentals if science, analytical practical techniques and working in the science industry, I think I may be able to get just the diploma and not the extended diploma. I want to stop doing it because I'm moving to a different college to restart my a levels and also at my current college teachers will help you get a pass then they will tell you to wait until they can be bothered to give you merit or distinction work and get Mardy when you ask for more work so it isn't a very nice experience especially ask was aiming for distinction in all units :frown:
Aww poor you maybe you will find out on results day:smile:, yeah I feel like my teachers are the same as they wait for everyone to finish the pass and then mark the work and some arnt even that prepared, and most of the class dont even complete the work so yeah it can be a horrible experience. How come you are going to restart your A-levels?:smile:
Reply 23
Argh it's so annoying when my teachers are like that! Im restarting them because I'm finding the ones I'm doing at the minute a little bit boring and don't think I'm getting much out of them, this year I did ICT, business and science, and in September I'm going to be doing law, French, economics and psychology :smile:
If you need any help with any of the work from unit 1, 2 or 4 I've done quite a lot of it :smile:
Reply 24
Argh it's so annoying when my teachers are like that! Im restarting them because I'm finding the ones I'm doing at the minute a little bit boring and don't think I'm getting much out of them, this year I did ICT, business and science, and in September I'm going to be doing law, French, economics and psychology :smile:
If you need any help with any of the work from unit 1, 2 or 4 I've done quite a lot of it :smile:
Aww bless you, sounds like you really put a lot of effort in. Wow the subjects u have chosen sounds really cool. Thanks for your offer and good luck with your future studies. :smile:
Reply 25
btw wat gcse grades did u get
Reply 26
Original post by sayyada1
btw wat gcse grades did u get

Who?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
How did you find BTEC Level 3, i have just been given my first assignment on friday, need to have 4 done by xmas!!

xx
Reply 28
Original post by Shellmc
How did you find BTEC Level 3, i have just been given my first assignment on friday, need to have 4 done by xmas!!

xx
I'm on my second year and its OK, how are u finding it and wow 4 assignments before Christmas I hoping I can get as much done ad possible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Are u doing the level 3 now??
I have been googling all weekend for info on atoms & electrons ect. Lol.
Just not sure where to start & how to set it out.
Did u use the computer for images ect from internet or have you hand written yours??
Reply 30
I have just started a new role as a trainee science technician btw x
Reply 31
Original post by Shellmc
I have just started a new role as a trainee science technician btw x

Posted from TSR Mobile Oh wow isnmit at your college or school and are u wanting to become a technician? :smile:
Reply 32
Yeh at a school. Yeh this is part of my training to become a science technician :-)
Reply 33
Original post by Shellmc
Yeh at a school. Yeh this is part of my training to become a science technician :-)
Oh cool are u doing the btec along side it and are u studying it to become the techniican?:smile:
Reply 34
Yes i am doing the btec as part of the training, to become a science technician :-) how have you found the first few assignments?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Shellmc
Yes i am doing the btec as part of the training, to become a science technician :-) how have you found the first few assignments?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
there are OK I mean it is a lot of work, and ad this is my second year I have found the ones that I am doing more interesting:smile:, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's a BTEC?
Reply 37
Original post by Surrey Bubble15
What's a BTEC?
Buisness and Technology education council, u culd try researching it.
Reply 38
I am enjoying it yes, i agree there is alot of work to put in. I have started assingnment 1 on periodic table, & covalent bonding. Drawing my diagrams as i type. Lol.
I have the work to start the energy one & not attempted the biology one yet, with the cells. Not sure whether its best to draw the diagrams or use ones from the internet??
Arn't BTECs meant to be "soft"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending