Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by NafroB
Foam parties are awesome, just wear clothes you dont mind getting ruined, mine went straight in the bin last time I went to one!
Really, that sounds awesome :smile: nautical science is something I looked into but I made a massive change and im doing media now! Random change I know haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwh man, can't you just wash them? I hope Lancaster has a primark then! And yeah big change, media sounds cool though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Torihalex
In the module tab on the right hand side of the table it will tell you if you have any clashes, just letting you know. I have clashes but they're easily sorted and not much of a big deal apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Because I have a lecture that lasts until 6 and that means I can't get home so if timetable problems can be easily solved there is hope for me yay!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 822
Original post by Manitude
Thankfully the way the university is built means that you can get to most lecture theatres from most parts of campus with only a minimal amount of time not under a roof.
Not if you live in lonsdale, cartmel though. You might want to get a new rain coat if you live there!

oh that's good, hopefully I can avoid it most of the time then :smile:
Reply 823
Awwh man, can't you just wash them? I hope Lancaster has a primark then! And yeah big change, media sounds cool though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can but the foam is just like fairy liquid so when you wash them they get foamy again haha! Its still a laugh though! Hahaha yeah good point!
Ive never done media in my life, literally the most random decision ive made but I think im going in the right direction!
Where you hoping to go with the nautical science stuff? :smile:
Reply 824
Original post by HannahS95
Hmmph! Haha idk when I'll be home but more often than that probably :') though maybe only for two weeks at christmas, since I may go on the Uni ski trip, and we're off skiing as a family last week on the christmas hols :') Hahaha i just browse mainly since I haven't enough money :') Just having more money will mean more temptation! I should be able to cope though! Hopefully.... problem is though I wasn't going to enrol until freshers, since i need to go to talks for my other subject decision, and county have like the latest enrolment time! I emailed someone about it but they're out of office til next monday :mad: Yeah well i figured if i have the opportunity i might as well do it! oh right thats okay then! tbh you arent really missing out since most other universities don't offer it anyway! As long as you like your course thats all that matters :smile: yeah it is haha, i've got an ever growing pile in my room though! And dad keeps buying me new things he thinks i'll need :') (I havent bought any food yet since most of it would go off before I get there :wink:)

You must be really good at skiing with how much you go! But that's quite a cool plan and a nice way to meet fellow skiing enthusiasts at uni :') Ahhh, i know what you mean, i have at least 2 folders full of links to stuff i'd buy if i were to chance upon some money - like the lucky girl from my college who got a few grand worth of trust funds when she turned 18 :redface: You could always ring the uni up if you're worried, i'd bet they'll be able to help you out more easily that way anyway! Well, either that, or make sure you're the first county historian in that line :tongue: True, true, i'm looking forward to it all anyway - i'm even getting jealous of seeing people from the year below coming back from a day at my old sixth form now - 10 days left! :woo: I imagine he's starting to go over the top by buying you things like george foreman grills and stuff, just in case :lol: (super noodles and cupasoups don't go off - that way the rest of the money goes on drinks :wink: )

Original post by katie55
How many weeks holiday have you had? I finished on the 31st of May so it feels like forever for me

It's absurd how much money a rail card saves you, I don't think I would ever travel by train if I didn't have one. I am tempted to change to Santander next year if I can the rail card is definitely worth more then a free NUS card

I need to buy a big puffy coat to keep me warm and I hope I don't have to wear a hat I hate them :/

It was really irritating I was on the creative version and I don't think anyone realised that you have to pass the first year of the technical one and then it changes which is really silly when for the technical one they ask for two technical A levels like Maths, Physics and Computer Science and for the creative one two arty subjects so hardly anyone on my course had done A level Maths and your really stuck without it when your learning stuff in further A level maths and haven't done it since GCSE. At least I stuck it out to the very end even completed my last few assignments and sat my exams knowing I wasn't staying :smile:

I finished maybe mid june, so about 2 weeks less than you - It feels like it's been an eternity for me as well! I'm just glad i haven't resorted to watching jeremy kyle yet (But i can't say the same about countdown) :lol:

Yeah, the railcard is pretty much the only thing that tempted me from halifax, who didn't offer anything, and natwest. Best thing is you get to keep it even if you leave the bank during your course! The beautiful thing slashed return train tickets from £35 to like £20 for me :biggrin:

But what about those furry russian winter hats? I wear mine inside sometimes just because it feels nice :') Anyway, i doubt you'll lack cover between grizedale and your lecture theatres

Good on you for sticking it out! Too many people would just completely drop out the second they thought it wasn't for them - and this way you still learnt a whole load of interesting things that might make you even better at what you do when you graduate :smile: But still, that seems really silly of them, surely the creative version should only cover the absolute bare essentials of maths and programming.
Reply 825
Original post by NafroB
You can but the foam is just like fairy liquid so when you wash them they get foamy again haha! Its still a laugh though! Hahaha yeah good point!
Ive never done media in my life, literally the most random decision ive made but I think im going in the right direction!
Where you hoping to go with the nautical science stuff? :smile:

Lol *natural science and I don't know really, I'll see where it takes me, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 826
Original post by Orthrus
You must be really good at skiing with how much you go! But that's quite a cool plan and a nice way to meet fellow skiing enthusiasts at uni :') Ahhh, i know what you mean, i have at least 2 folders full of links to stuff i'd buy if i were to chance upon some money - like the lucky girl from my college who got a few grand worth of trust funds when she turned 18 :redface: You could always ring the uni up if you're worried, i'd bet they'll be able to help you out more easily that way anyway! Well, either that, or make sure you're the first county historian in that line :tongue: True, true, i'm looking forward to it all anyway - i'm even getting jealous of seeing people from the year below coming back from a day at my old sixth form now - 10 days left! :woo: I imagine he's starting to go over the top by buying you things like george foreman grills and stuff, just in case :lol: (super noodles and cupasoups don't go off - that way the rest of the money goes on drinks :wink: )

I'm pretty good, though I wouldn't want to be accused of being big headed again :wink: I normally only go one week a year! I think I'm up to 16 weeks skiing experience now :') Hahah tbh i usually browse, find things I like then forget about them since I don't have the money to spend on it :') I'd feel guilty spending money like that though, i'd feel like i should save it! I was really hoping to get an academic scholarship but I just missed out on A*s, so that was a little gutting :') Hmm I don't like phone calls though :frown: hopefully she'll reply next week, or failing that I might just pre-enrol anyway, it's not like I can't change my mind in freshers! hahah that is a bit far, I'm defs not jealous of people still toiling away at sixth form! He's abit of a cooking nut, so I have lots of things that I 'need' that i'm sure other people won't have :') Like a little pancake pan and a wok and I have 5 knives and a knife sharpener :') (I will actually be properly cooking hopefully! I'm a lightweight so I don't need much money for drinks :wink: )
Reply 827
Lol *natural science and I don't know really, I'll see where it takes me, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus, my bad hahaha slight difference there! Still sounds interesting though, hard work like!
Im looking into science journalism or something like that :smile:
Reply 828
I'm pretty good, though I wouldn't want to be accused of being big headed again :wink: I normally only go one week a year! I think I'm up to 16 weeks skiing experience now :') Hahah tbh i usually browse, find things I like then forget about them since I don't have the money to spend on it :') I'd feel guilty spending money like that though, i'd feel like i should save it! I was really hoping to get an academic scholarship but I just missed out on A*s, so that was a little gutting :') Hmm I don't like phone calls though :frown: hopefully she'll reply next week, or failing that I might just pre-enrol anyway, it's not like I can't change my mind in freshers! hahah that is a bit far, I'm defs not jealous of people still toiling away at sixth form! He's abit of a cooking nut, so I have lots of things that I 'need' that i'm sure other people won't have :') Like a little pancake pan and a wok and I have 5 knives and a knife sharpener :') (I will actually be properly cooking hopefully! I'm a lightweight so I don't need much money for drinks :wink: )

Haha, just give up, i won't judge you for being a bit overly confident - especially after JUST 16 weeks :wink: yeah, that does suck, especially if you were close! But this way you get to learn to be stingy with money :') Yeah, nobody likes phones calls, they just feel so awkward! Like i rang one of my lecturers to ask a few questions, but bailed halfway through my list :lol:
Hahaha, i can't believe you said you got a pancake pan! More so, I can't believe i didn't know they existed - not to sound cocky, but i've got a knack for cooking pancakes :cool: (i can only wish you luck! Meanwhile, i'm gonna be using the half arsed recipes in a student recipe book i got! I don't think i am, but my stories would say other wise :rolleyes: )
Reply 829
Original post by Orthrus
Haha, just give up, i won't judge you for being a bit overly confident - especially after JUST 16 weeks :wink: yeah, that does suck, especially if you were close! But this way you get to learn to be stingy with money :') Yeah, nobody likes phones calls, they just feel so awkward! Like i rang one of my lecturers to ask a few questions, but bailed halfway through my list :lol:
Hahaha, i can't believe you said you got a pancake pan! More so, I can't believe i didn't know they existed - not to sound cocky, but i've got a knack for cooking pancakes :cool: (i can only wish you luck! Meanwhile, i'm gonna be using the half arsed recipes in a student recipe book i got! I don't think i am, but my stories would say other wise :rolleyes: )

Hahah is it really over-confidence though? :wink: 3, 6 and 12 UMS marks off it in my subjects -_- I would have rather had £2000 than have to learn to be stingy :wink: Well I had to ring someone during the pre-reg because I didn't understand something and that was bad enough :') I wouldn't even know who to ring! At least with an email if its not sent to the right person they can forward it, so you don't have to figure out what to say again :')
Hahah well I have a recipe for American style pancakes, and it needs to go in the oven, and I didnt have a suitable pan, so dad went out and got me one :') (I have a few cook books, and my own recipe book to write things in, ie tried and tested favourites from home! ahah ah well, its more money efficient to be a lightweight :wink: )
Reply 830
Hahah is it really over-confidence though? :wink: 3, 6 and 12 UMS marks off it in my subjects -_- I would have rather had £2000 than have to learn to be stingy :wink: Well I had to ring someone during the pre-reg because I didn't understand something and that was bad enough :') I wouldn't even know who to ring! At least with an email if its not sent to the right person they can forward it, so you don't have to figure out what to say again :')
Hahah well I have a recipe for American style pancakes, and it needs to go in the oven, and I didnt have a suitable pan, so dad went out and got me one :') (I have a few cook books, and my own recipe book to write things in, ie tried and tested favourites from home! ahah ah well, its more money efficient to be a lightweight :wink: )

Nahh, i guess it's justified confidence then - 16 weeks is a lot of experience, especially in a sport like that! :smile: Ouch, that's ridiculously close! Literally nothing hurts quite as much as missing by a fee marks D: well just consider it a valuable life lesson about lacking money :wink: yeah, and with emails you can say everything you mean to say without the threat of messing up or forgetting words - i end up saying umm so much :') Whoa, what?! Yours go in the oven? I've yet to cone across that before :redface: (Ahhh, so you're quite big on cooking? Generally i just... 'Experiment' and hope i don't poison myself :') hahaha, money efficient? I might start using that one!)
Original post by Manitude
Thankfully the way the university is built means that you can get to most lecture theatres from most parts of campus with only a minimal amount of time not under a roof.
Not if you live in lonsdale, cartmel though. You might want to get a new rain coat if you live there!

Oh yay! Looks like because I'm staying in Lonsdale I'm going to have to pack a spare rain jacket - just in case I need one on consequent days and the first rain jacket hasn't finished drying from the first day! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 832
Has it dawned on anyone else we'll be starting uni in 10 days now?! :eek: :biggrin: :woo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 833
Has anyone else completed their e-induction? It didnt say if keys were to be handed out first come first served or if they actually know which student will be in which room?
Original post by 3DDY
Has it dawned on anyone else we'll be starting uni in 10 days now?! :eek: :biggrin: :woo:

if you don't say 10 days and say "next saturday/sunday" it really hits you! :') christ almighty i still dont have a timetable! haha
Reply 835
Original post by Envelopes
Has anyone else completed their e-induction? It didnt say if keys were to be handed out first come first served or if they actually know which student will be in which room?

They know who is in which room they are not telling us yet though in case they have to swap people round but you had to choose a time slot so its easier for them to sort out the keys to be ready for when you get there :smile:
Reply 836
Original post by katie55
They know who is in which room they are not telling us yet though in case they have to swap people round but you had to choose a time slot so its easier for them to sort out the keys to be ready for when you get there :smile:

Ah, fair enough!
Reply 837
Original post by Orthrus
Nahh, i guess it's justified confidence then - 16 weeks is a lot of experience, especially in a sport like that! :smile: Ouch, that's ridiculously close! Literally nothing hurts quite as much as missing by a fee marks D: well just consider it a valuable life lesson about lacking money :wink: yeah, and with emails you can say everything you mean to say without the threat of messing up or forgetting words - i end up saying umm so much :') Whoa, what?! Yours go in the oven? I've yet to cone across that before :redface: (Ahhh, so you're quite big on cooking? Generally i just... 'Experiment' and hope i don't poison myself :') hahaha, money efficient? I might start using that one!)

Haha yeah I suppose it is really :') or it is at 18 anyway :') yes yes it is and it was very annoying! Considering getting them remarked but decided it was too much hassle :') hahah yeah alright then :') yeah exactly, it's so much easier than trying to make people understand you on the phone! Yeah they're like those thick pancakes they have in America :') I can make normal pancakes too though! Erm I'm not at the moment but I will be, since I'm fussy :') have to make my own food if I'm going to get food I like! Haha you should, it a good excuse! Are you thinking of going to the freshers dinner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 838
Haha yeah I suppose it is really :') or it is at 18 anyway :') yes yes it is and it was very annoying! Considering getting them remarked but decided it was too much hassle :') hahah yeah alright then :') yeah exactly, it's so much easier than trying to make people understand you on the phone! Yeah they're like those thick pancakes they have in America :') I can make normal pancakes too though! Erm I'm not at the moment but I will be, since I'm fussy :') have to make my own food if I'm going to get food I like! Haha you should, it a good excuse! Are you thinking of going to the freshers dinner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was tempted to have one or two exams remarked as well, but my teachers talked me out of it since we'd sent things in for remarking before and all the exam boards did was give an odd mark or two here and there -_- Well fingers crossed someone gets your email soon, it'd be silly if you really had to wait to monday for something that important! Oh right, i've never thought of putting them in the oven... might have to try that tomorrow! But then again, I'll take any excuse to cook pancakes :biggrin: Haha, so are you an alright cook, or should i expect the fire alarms to go off every night around dinner time? :wink: So you got that email today as well? Hmm, i'm not really sure, it seems like an alright idea though! How about you?
Reply 839
Original post by callmehayleyy
if you don't say 10 days and say "next saturday/sunday" it really hits you! :') christ almighty i still dont have a timetable! haha

Ahhhh thats true, I mean you could even say this is your last weekend before uni! Haha that sounds crazy :tongue: has your timetable not updated or anything? I wont be choosing my optional modules till freshers anyway tbf, theres no rush :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending