The Student Room Group

New TV series - Hannibal

Who's going to be watching? The pilot aired the other day. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but it looks decent and is getting decent reviews. With Laurence Fishburne and Mads Mikkelsen it has some star power attached to it.

The new shows that have started over the last few months have disappointed me (I'm looking at you Revolution and The Following) so hopefully this one doesn't let me down.

Scroll to see replies

Damn! I hoped this would be about the guy with all the elephants :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Pastaferian
Damn! I hoped this would be about the guy with all the elephants :frown:

Hannibal Lecter is just as cool tbf
So what do people think?

I've been watching it and thought it started a little slow and dumb (dispatching one serial killer per episode) but it seems to be getting really juicy now with the whole Crawford/Lass thing. Shame about the pretty low ratings I'm really hoping it doesn't get canceled before it gets a chance to shine.
Reply 4
Hannibal's 6th episode is better than the previous ones, I expected it to be brilliant... but it is not that great.. I just hope it gets better :smile: before it gets canned
Reply 5
I haven't thought much of it tbh. Hannibal is neither polite nor sharply dressed so his character doesn't feel right to me.

The phrase the Will Graham keeps using 'this was my design' is ****ing infuriating as well. The 'pure empathy' thing tipped it for me.

I am watching it because I started but Bates Motel does a similar thing, better.
(edited 10 years ago)
I like it a lot and it really seems to be hitting its stride the past few episodes. I think the acting is great and its really visually stunning. Hoping it gets a second season at least as I think it has a lot of potential.

Edit - I haven't read the books and I've only seen The Silence of the Lambs so I don't really have any strong feelings or attachments to the source material. A lot of people who don't like it seem to be fans of the films/books, so perhaps that's something to consider.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've watched the first episode and found it moderately enjoyable, not a massive fan of the portrayal of Hannibal so far though. I'll carry on watching it, but I'm not exactly overwhelmed with the desire to hunt down streams for everything that's aired over in the states.
Reply 8
Enoyed the pilot, first hannibal lecter focused show that I am watching, seems decent so will probably stick with it.
Reply 9
I hope you all stuck with it considering it turned out to be awesome :cool:
Reply 10
Original post by Deshi
I hope you all stuck with it considering it turned out to be awesome :cool:

I did. Just simply too awesome.

That final scene :adore:
It is awesome, although don't do what I did and watch it whilst eating lunch. The last thing you want to do is feel hungry whilst watching Hannibal Lecter cook something, although some of the stuff he cooks looks delicious (i focus on the fact it is just cooked meat, cooked by an actual gourmet chef rather than the fact its meant to be human).

It is definitely not for the squemish. The angel episode was not pleasant to look at, as well as the mushroom one.
Reply 12
Original post by Gwilym101
It is awesome, although don't do what I did and watch it whilst eating lunch. The last thing you want to do is feel hungry whilst watching Hannibal Lecter cook something, although some of the stuff he cooks looks delicious (i focus on the fact it is just cooked meat, cooked by an actual gourmet chef rather than the fact its meant to be human).

It is definitely not for the squemish. The angel episode was not pleasant to look at, as well as the mushroom one.

The Mushroom one was too weird. Freakiest scene for me though is the first time you see that lady under the bed (forget her name) I was definitely looking a but like this :afraid: when she came out.

Original post by 419
I did. Just simply too awesome.

That final scene :adore:

Everything about that scene was perfect, they used the music ffs :sogood:
It was an incredible series tbh, especially the last episode :eek:

However, whoever thought up some of those murders is really twisted in the head haha.
Reply 14

Looks really tasty. Can't wait.
There's also the awesome looking season 2 poster in case anyone missed it:

Hannibal-Season-2-Poster.jpg
I was actually really into at first! The way Will Graham was able to put himself in the killer's shoes was beyond awesome but by episode 10 it got kinda boring? Should I continue watching it? :confused:
Original post by svetik_lekar
I was actually really into at first! The way Will Graham was able to put himself in the killer's shoes was beyond awesome but by episode 10 it got kinda boring? Should I continue watching it? :confused:

If you got that far and didn't enjoy it then maybe it's not the show for you. Although it was slow paced at the beginning, the tension really started to build up later in the series until we reached a fantastic ending.

Since you only have 3 episodes maybe you should just finish it off then decide if you should bother with season 2.
Reply 18
Original post by svetik_lekar

The finale is one of my favourite episodes of TV over the last year, so you might as well finish the season. If you still find it boring then it isn't for you I guess
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
If you got that far and didn't enjoy it then maybe it's not the show for you. Although it was slow paced at the beginning, the tension really started to build up later in the series until we reached a fantastic ending.

Since you only have 3 episodes maybe you should just finish it off then decide if you should bother with season 2.

Fantastic ending? Ohh intriguing ! I'll definitely watch this weekend then. When does S2 come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending