The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

I missed out on getting tickets for the paint party, Pop in 1st week and Drop. Seeing as there is nothing else to do on these nights, I say those of us that didn't get tickets, should make our own house party. Especially seeing as my Bday is on the 30th Sep, can't be staying in!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 981
Original post by unlimited_020
I missed out on getting tickets for the paint party, Pop in 1st week and Drop. Seeing as there is nothing else to do on these nights, I say those of us that didn't get tickets, should make our own house party. Especially seeing as my Bday is on the 30th Sep, can't be staying in!

It's my birthday on September 30th too!! Although I did get a freshers passport.. Which accommodation are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure the on campus pub's are still open on those nights!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 983
Original post by jamiep151
I'm pretty sure the on campus pub's are still open on those nights!

And student cinema shall be playing films... :ninja:
Reply 984
Original post by Math-Magician
There was a message on the Facebook page saying that there is only a small number of tickets left for the Vegas party so I would buy it quickly if you want to go!

Right, thanks for letting me know.
is it likely that you will be able to purchase tickets at the door for the other events or do you have to pre-buy them online? I only ask because as I didn't get a freshers pass I would rather see what the others in my halls are doing first before committing myself to events.
Original post by FolkYeah
It's my birthday on September 30th too!! Although I did get a freshers passport.. Which accommodation are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am in Old Rootes I believe.
Reply 986
Original post by jtb100
Right, thanks for letting me know.
is it likely that you will be able to purchase tickets at the door for the other events or do you have to pre-buy them online? I only ask because as I didn't get a freshers pass I would rather see what the others in my halls are doing first before committing myself to events.

The official Warwick SU Fresher's reps on FB says that tickets to all the events will almost 100% be sold out before term starts (bar MTV welcome party since you can only gain access to that by buying the Fresher's T-shirt or pay on door) so they do recommend you buying tickets before you get there.

However they are also developing an online system where people can sell their tickets for face value if they've changed their mind about going, so you can get tickets like that - only thing is that you'll have to keep checking constantly and buy as soon as you see it at they will be sold instantly.
Original post by liarpoker
How long before people head off campus?

I'm feeing to get mortal at the club nights. Vegas Party etc are not seeming like my scene.

Depends on individual group, maybe week 3 I'd say? Also, most clubs/societies that have socials off-campus will have one in week 2 or 3.
Reply 988
Am in Old Rootes I believe.

YEYHOO :biggrin: let's bring the house down paha
We're into single figures. Just 9 days to go now guys!
Reply 990
Original post by Mastermind2
We're into single figures. Just 9 days to go now guys!

And the work us society folks have to do for you freshers is increasing exponentially :rolleyes:
Original post by Nirgilis
And the work us society folks have to do for you freshers is increasing exponentially :rolleyes:

Similarly, the amount of packing we need to do per day is increasing exponentially :tongue:

It's lovely how being part of society execs makes freshers fortnight go from the most fun time to the most work-filled time of the year :P (not that I'd have things any other way :smile:)
Reply 993
Oh man, now I'm freaking out that I won't have my finances in time :frown: There was a typo on my mum's side of the application, so I had to send off proof of her ID, so I hope it's sorted out in time...

Other than that, uni feels like it's actually happening now! Looking forward to meeting everyone :smile:

Yup. Even I've had to do something vaguely productive, albeit not much.
Reply 995
Hey guys, how do I pay accommodation fees, do i set up direct debit on Student records online, or do I have to do some sort of bank transfer?
Reply 996
Hey,

As a guy who is a postgrad and COMMUTING to uni, I would really like to get involved with the freshers activities and the night scene. Any recommendations on how I approach this?

I'm 23 and live about 30 minutes from Warwick. I did apply for on campus accommodation but was rejected. Would also like to know some of the more local (UK) students which will be undergraduates as I still feel young and would be a nice alternative to all the international students I will meet on my masters course.

I really want to do the nights out, but heard tickets are sold out :frown: What do I do!?
Hey does anyone know how reading weeks work? Do we have a week of absolutely no lectures or do we still have to be in our rooms or can we go home for the week? And does anyone know when these weeks are? Thanks :smile:
Original post by SmashingPumpkinP
Hey does anyone know how reading weeks work? Do we have a week of absolutely no lectures or do we still have to be in our rooms or can we go home for the week? And does anyone know when these weeks are? Thanks :smile:

Some courses have a week per term of no lectures at all. You can just go home if you want
Reply 999
I am SO excited :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending