The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcat
I know. There literally aren't enough hours in the day to get everything school wants you to do done and still have time to relax or have a social life.

This is exactly how I feel right now. :s-smilie: Especially if one has to work at the weekends like I do, which means that I only have a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday. I have two assessments coming up this week, and I have to obtain a minimum of 80% in my Maths assessment in order to stay on the course. Gulp.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5241
Original post by Olympiad
My homework is to write reasons why it is bad to base who gets health care depending on how severe an illness is.

Thing is, I think it's a good thing so can anybody help me with a few ideas? :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to butt in
But you could argue is it better to spend a lot of limited resources on improving someones quality of life a little bit when they have a terminal illness so are going to die anyway or spend those resources on someone who is really ill but will ultimately get better and it would increase thier quality of life a lot?
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I'm beginning to realise just how much work I'm going to have to continually put into my subjects, and why people grimace when I tell them I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. All I've done since starting college is eat, sleep, study and study; and I'm still falling behind. :confused:

I know exactly what you mean - I'm putting the same amount of effort as I put in over GCSE study leave, but this is going to be all year round! I dread to think what study leave is going to be like this year...
Hey everyone, including the old crew who know me as that lonely candle :wink: Update because of so much worrrrrrrrrrk: Chemistry: One good teacher. One bad teacher. Good teacher teaches me stuff that is based from what I already know from GCSE. Bad teacher teaches stuff that it completely new. IF ANYONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY CHROMIUM AND COPPER DO NOT FIT THE TABLE OF ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION I WILL BE GRATEFUL. ahem. Biology: Got to see a sheep's lungs blow up like balloons to day :ahee: Going alright. Maths: Probably the best so far :s-smilie: :ahee::eek: English Lit: They said to us if you get an A* at GCSE expect C/D for now.....we did an A-level exam question...got an A at GCSE so wasn't expecting much, I got A/B! So happy! Hope everything's going alright for you guys, Dreamer x :work:
Thanks! How have you been? :smile:
Yeah it's been alright; the legend of hard work at A-level that had GCSE students quivering in their pyjamas never actually hit home until I actually started receiving the immense amount of work. -_-
Lol yh it does sound dramatic :eek: :wink: I have 6 frees in a fortnight; about six hours. Lol me and my friends thought it was gonna be relaxing and all that jazz but nup. Oh why? One of my friends has switched from Lit to Econ!
Original post by Kittaaaaay
A wild Kitty appears!

So many new people, don't eat me please :hide:

omg hey, you haven't posted in ages ? hows life ?
Computer Science... you mean Computing? :confused: Please tell me you mean Computing, and you're not programming already.
Original post by jandle
Sorry to butt in
But you could argue is it better to spend a lot of limited resources on improving someones quality of life a little bit when they have a terminal illness so are going to die anyway or spend those resources on someone who is really ill but will ultimately get better and it would increase thier quality of life a lot?

Thank you, much appreciated!
It's been a while man, how are you handling sixth-form? Did you enjoy your summer holidays?

So, yeah, I had to have a phone interview in the middle of a math lesson today - uber awkward asking the teacher and class to hush down. Nevertheless, I still got invited for a face-to-face interview, which is next week.

In other news, the Queen is coming to my old international school to name their theatre after herself. Anybody think I could sneak in to see it?
Reply 5251
chemistry induction went amazing, physics induction couldn't have gone worse :frown:
Reply 5252
Original post by pathosL
chemistry induction went amazing, physics induction couldn't have gone worse :frown:

What happened?
At least 1 induction went well.
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey everyone, including the old crew who know me as that lonely candle :wink: Update because of so much worrrrrrrrrrk: Chemistry: One good teacher. One bad teacher. Good teacher teaches me stuff that is based from what I already know from GCSE. Bad teacher teaches stuff that it completely new. IF ANYONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY CHROMIUM AND COPPER DO NOT FIT THE TABLE OF ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION I WILL BE GRATEFUL. ahem. Biology: Got to see a sheep's lungs blow up like balloons to day :ahee: Going alright. Maths: Probably the best so far :s-smilie: :ahee::eek: English Lit: They said to us if you get an A* at GCSE expect C/D for now.....we did an A-level exam question...got an A at GCSE so wasn't expecting much, I got A/B! So happy! Hope everything's going alright for you guys, Dreamer x :work:

Copper and Chromium are different due to the stability of having a full or half-full d orbital
Or something like that :tongue:
(I read that in my revision book I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5254
Oh my god i think i'm having a facebook relapse :/ :'(
Reply 5255
So far I'm enjoying Maths the most, core is boring as, mechanics is better... Lots of homework so far that I don't mind because it's challenging and is better than milling around in frees. Physics is still really damn boring, not much work to do though so that's good. Chemistry is okay still, not much work either yet!
Reply 5256
Original post by JustaDreamer

it's better for copper and chromium to take an electron out of the 4S orbital and put it in the 3D orbital for better stability as it is more stable to have a half full or full outer orbital than an inner one :wink:
Reply 5257
Original post by emcat
What happened?
At least 1 induction went well.

i missed a 3 hour lesson and was only notified of a test yesterday night, i had no time to learn so much content :/
Reply 5258
Think i'm going bed ..... deep thoughts, bad day ... best just to write it all off :frown:
So much homework... I'm not impressed... :mmm:

I just have French and whatever homework I get tomorrow left for the weekend... I want to sleep :frown:

So super early night :tongue:

Latest