The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

LGBT Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by frangoddard
Meet and greet is the 29th of September. Our club night is on the 24th though! :smile:
Good luck with moving in, you won't need half the stuff you take with you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will LGBT Soc be at the Freshers Fair?

Kind Regards,

Circles.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Circles

Will LGBT Soc be at the Freshers Fair?

Kind Regards,

Circles.

Yeah we will be, on the same day as the other welfare societies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just an update, LGBT society will be at the fresher's fair on Tuesday 24th September. Hope to see you there and come and have a chat to our committee who will be milling around. I'll be around the union all day so come and speak to the pink haired lass and say hi :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Just an update, LGBT society will be at the fresher's fair on Tuesday 24th September. Hope to see you there and come and have a chat to our committee who will be milling around. I'll be around the union all day so come and speak to the pink haired lass and say hi :biggrin:

Awesome! I should be there, and I might be with some other people who are interested in coming along :smile:

Thanks for all the information
frangoddard! I really appreciate it :smile:

Kind Regards,

Circles.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by AndrewH93
Yeah. Block A though!

I'm block A. I'm not moving in until Saturday though
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by YeahMark
I'm block A. I'm not moving in until Saturday though

Ah cool! Yeah, same - I dropped some stuff off Saturday just gone but move in proper this weekend. :smile:
Reply 86
Ah cool! Yeah, same - I dropped some stuff off Saturday just gone but move in proper this weekend. :smile:

Hey I'm also block A at the Tannery - move in properly on Friday tho :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by DruJL
Hey I'm also block A at the Tannery - move in properly on Friday tho :smile:

Might see you around! :smile: From a similar neck of the woods too, I'm from Northumberland but close enough to Newcastle!
Hey guys, just a quick update about stuff the LGBT society has going on.
On Tuesday we're going to be at the Fresher's fair in the Riley Smith hall which is attached to the Union building. On that evening we have Curious? which is the union's resident LGBT club night, hosted by LGBT society, which is on in Mine, one of the clubs in the union. It's on 10:30pm-3am, but we will be in Old Bar in the union from 9pm. It's £3 in advance and you can buy the tickets online via leedstickets, or £4 on the door.
We're then taking a bit of a break to nurse the hangovers and we'll be back on the Sunday for our meet and greet. This is a great event to try and get to know other new and existing members of the LGBT society. It's upstairs in the union, 1-4pm.
If you come along to the fresher's fair we'll be handing out calendars of the events going on for the next 2 months, so you'll know what's going on.
Other than that we have a Facebook page which we use for our events and general information for the society, if you search LUU LGBT Society, you'll be able to find us.
If you don't have Facebook, or you just can't get enough of us, you can also follow the society on twitter which is run by me and the communications officer, which is '@LeedsLGBT'
If you have any questions just ask me on here or you can tweet me @frangoddard.
Hope to see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Might see you around! :smile: From a similar neck of the woods too, I'm from Northumberland but close enough to Newcastle!

Awesome, I'm in 710 so feel free to pop round and say hi! Just ask for Dru/Andru :smile:
Reply 90
I'd be up for curious. Maybe we tannery folk could meet beforehand? We all seem to be in the same block!
Reply 91
Yeah I quite fancy Curious! Dunno what I'm doing that night yet tho :smile:
Reply 92
I'm up for Curious as well, I think there's predrinks in Old Bar but I might just stick with Curious.

edit: scrap that, headphone disco it is
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey!
Hope those of you who came enjoyed Curious?, especially my little stint on the decks!
Our next event is our meet and greet on Sunday, 1-4 in the common room, downstairs in the union, next door to essentials.
The event is just a little informal get together so the committee can introduce ourselves and the old and new LGBT'ers can get to know each other. It's well worth coming to as you can make some friends before the Scene tour on Monday.
I hope to see you there, and hi again to those of you who came over and introduced yourself to me on Tuesday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Ohh missed the meet and greet :-/
Reply 95
Hey!
Hope those of you who came enjoyed Curious?, especially my little stint on the decks!
Our next event is our meet and greet on Sunday, 1-4 in the common room, downstairs in the union, next door to essentials.
The event is just a little informal get together so the committee can introduce ourselves and the old and new LGBT'ers can get to know each other. It's well worth coming to as you can make some friends before the Scene tour on Monday.
I hope to see you there, and hi again to those of you who came over and introduced yourself to me on Tuesday :smile:

Hey,

I missed the Meet & Greet - which I'm really gutted about, and I wasn't really up for the Scene Tour on Monday because I had a long day of lectures and my first seminar! There doesn't seem to be a Facebook page, the website isn't updated anymore and there seems to be some stuff on Twitter but not a lot. Apart from the daily Coffee Hour 12-2 (which I'm too shy to attend by myself, haha), will there be any other events coming up soon? :s

Kind Regards,

Circles.
We do have a Facebook group! It's 'LUU LGBT Society'
We update the twitter as much as possible without being annoying, and the website is being redeveloped at the moment.
A lot is changing with the society currently so be patient with us :smile:

On Monday we have a trans* workshop held by our trained trans* welfare officer, which is a really informative workshop if you are trans*, haven't come in contact or know much about trans* people or if you just want to know more.
On Wednesday next week we're hosting a showing of Hairspray at revolution on call lane, as it's currently black history month. We have a film showing every 2 weeks, and these will be starting from next Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Thanks a lot franggoddard, the information you provide here is always very useful and hope to get involved in the society soon!

Kind Regards,

Circles.
Reply 98
Not made it to any events yet... feel like I've sort of missed the boat? Bit shy to just turn up at a coffee hour or event now haha.
Come along to coffee hour, we have a lot of new people that just turn up and they're always made to feel welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest