The Student Room Group

Debenhams Stockroom Movement Assistant Xmas Temp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Just got the call. I got the job!!! 18 days after the interview, but not complaining. I start on the 21st :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by Muffie
Just got the call. I got the job!!! 18 days after the interview, but not complaining. I start on the 21st :smile:

Well done! Still haven't heard back yet, you hearing back so late gives me a little hope though at least :tongue:
Reply 122
Original post by NiallD
Well done! Still haven't heard back yet, you hearing back so late gives me a little hope though at least :tongue:

The only hope I had left was that I hadn't had an e-mail yet. Hopefully you'll hear something soon :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by smclellan91
And I start the 21st of September

What time are you in? Looks like we're going to have some of the induction together. And thank you for your help! I might not have made it past the phone interview without it. :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by Muffie

Well done!

Two people from the thread got the job so far, which is amazing!

Things have turned out good me for me as well, I managed to get a job full-time at a furniture store.
Reply 125
Original post by Muffie

That's fantastic news - I'm really glad to hear it! I've been waiting 16 days now but I haven't had a rejection letter or email so I'm not sure what will happen with me. :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Muffie
What time are you in? Looks like we're going to have some of the induction together. And thank you for your help! I might not have made it past the phone interview without it. :smile:

See I knew you'd get it! 9:30, are you stockroom? Did they sat where we need to go/what we need to wear? You're very welcome!
Reply 127
See I knew you'd get it! 9:30, are you stockroom? Did they sat where we need to go/what we need to wear? You're very welcome!

I am so glad you said half nine. I wrote it down as that and then started panicking afterwards that she might have said 9. I was told 2nd floor, so I'm guessing it's the same place as last time. I wasn't really told much, just induction time/ date/ location and they told me the hours and asked if they were alright with me. I'm working 8am-3pm Sat&Sun. Do you know your hours yet? They didn't mention anything about sending out a contract, but I did tell them I'm between 3 addresses this month, so maybe they're holding onto that for me. I don't know how much we're going to actually be about the store and not just sat around learning about the company, but I'll probably wear something similar to the interview. In the other thread people said that everyone was pretty much in black trousers and black/ white shirt for induction.
Reply 128
I was just wondering around what time did they phone you guys to tell you you had the job? I'm back at college now so I'm worried I'll get the call when I'm in a lesson and can't answer :tongue:
Reply 129
I did the phone interview and it went very well, she told me on the phone that I was successful :biggrin: However the group activity was already in progress after she had completed my phone interview. She said that I would be contacted within 10 days to arrange an interview. Does this mean I only have to do the 1 on 1 interview? As the bulk of the group interview has already happened. She also said that they were looking for more stockroom assistants and she would add my name to some sheet with everyone else, any ideas what sheet she is talking about? I'm applying for the Livingston store :smile:
Reply 130
Okay so I decided after 22 days that enough was enough and I phoned up the recruitment centre to see if there was any progress on my application, they told me I have been succesful and they want to give me a job but they've been really busy and haven't decided where in the store yet so that's why it's taken so long to get back to me, and they'll officially call me soon to give me the details :tongue: I'm just so relieved that I've got a job though, was not expecting it after all this time!
Reply 131
Original post by Muffie
I am so glad you said half nine. I wrote it down as that and then started panicking afterwards that she might have said 9. I was told 2nd floor, so I'm guessing it's the same place as last time. I wasn't really told much, just induction time/ date/ location and they told me the hours and asked if they were alright with me. I'm working 8am-3pm Sat&Sun. Do you know your hours yet? They didn't mention anything about sending out a contract, but I did tell them I'm between 3 addresses this month, so maybe they're holding onto that for me. I don't know how much we're going to actually be about the store and not just sat around learning about the company, but I'll probably wear something similar to the interview. In the other thread people said that everyone was pretty much in black trousers and black/ white shirt for induction.

I've inboxed you, have you had your contract yet?
Reply 132
I've inboxed you, have you had your contract yet?

I've not had any messages? I might be able to check at my summer address on Monday if they received anything for me, but debenhams don't have my home or new address so I haven't got anything right now. Has yours not arrived yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by Muffie
I've not had any messages? I might be able to check at my summer address on Monday if they received anything for me, but debenhams don't have my home or new address so I haven't got anything right now. Has yours not arrived yet?

yeah it has, how long do you think the induction will last?
Reply 134
yeah it has, how long do you think the induction will last?

Anything of interest? No idea, but I can see there being a lot about the company.
Reply 135
Original post by Muffie
Anything of interest? No idea, but I can see there being a lot about the company.

I've had an email from the woman responsible for my team who said my induction is 9am-6pm...the letter/woman on the phone said 9.30am though! You might want to check yours
Reply 136
I've had an email from the woman responsible for my team who said my induction is 9am-6pm...the letter/woman on the phone said 9.30am though! You might want to check yours

Thanks for the warning. I've not had an email but I did get my contract today and I'm working as a sales advisor in the sports and leisure department. I've got a guy in charge of my team so either he's not sent emails out yet or it's separate. I think I'll ring on Friday to check if I've not heard anything.
went for an interview on Tuesday and got the job! the interview was quite straight forward x
Reply 138
Original post by Muffie
Thanks for the warning. I've not had an email but I did get my contract today and I'm working as a sales advisor in the sports and leisure department. I've got a guy in charge of my team so either he's not sent emails out yet or it's separate. I think I'll ring on Friday to check if I've not heard anything.

That's what my contract says too! Have you heard anything?
Reply 139
That's what my contract says too! Have you heard anything?

You're in sports and leisure too? I'll admit I didn't know they had a sports department. I can't find much on their sites I'd categorise under it either unless it's all the sportswear put together? :confused: I've not had anything about a time change so I'm ringing them this afternoon. I'd have rung earlier, but it turns out the place I've moved to has no signal whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending