The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Cr = 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d5, 4s1

Cu = 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d10, 4s1

D sub shell can hold 10, and it's more stable to have the 5 orbitals either half filled or fully filled.

Original post by techno836
it's better for copper and chromium to take an electron out of the 4S orbital and put it in the 3D orbital for better stability as it is more stable to have a half full or full outer orbital than an inner one :wink:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That's great news, I'm so glad to hear that :h: . How are you finding sixth form so far? :smile:

Super fun :awesome: I'm doing Psychology as a fourth A-Level, but frankly it's all a load of **** so I'm going to drop it and just use AS Latin as my fourth :mmm:

How has yours been?
Original post by MangoFreak
Hello to you too :u:

to be fair I haven't been on this thread properly for like a month so I didn't really know you had gone :redface: :colondollar: ( hello btw :biggrin: )
Super fun :awesome: I'm doing Psychology as a fourth A-Level, but frankly it's all a load of **** so I'm going to drop it and just use AS Latin as my fourth :mmm:

How has yours been?

Aww, I always thought that psychology looked interesting :tongue: ! Not interesting enough to actually take it though :teehee: .

It's been great so far for me :yep: Pleased with my subject combo. At the moment I'm not that overwhelmed by the workload but I don't want to jinx it...

How has yours been?

Not impressed at all
Hello you guys...haven't bullied you guys in a while... :colonhash::tongue:

How's everyone finding Sixth Form/A-Levels/IB? :gah:
Original post by usycool1

THE MOD IS BULLYING US! :cry:
Is it too late for me to join this thread? I'm so late sorrrrrry guize

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** with a capital S
Original post by MattFletcher
THE MOD IS BULLYING US! :cry:

I do need to remind you guys from time to time how inferior you are compared to us year 13s. :colone: :tongue:

Original post by sarahiscool
**** with a capital S

Why? :frown:

Original post by AlexandraScarlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome! :h:

After taking Economics, Math, Physics and Computing I now have a numerical overload and hate anything to do with numbers, I'm only 2 weeks into A levels as well :/ Oh and there is WAAAY too much Math homework, I just want a good nights sleep :redface:

Original post by AlexandraScarlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fashionably late :cool:

Sod off you wannabe year 12 :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Glitch96
After taking Economics, Math, Physics and Computing I now have a numerical overload and hate anything to do with numbers, I'm only 2 weeks into A levels as well :/ Oh and there is WAAAY too much Math homework, I just want a good nights sleep :redface:

I agree with you, you always get loads of maths homework! I'm doing Triple Science/Double maths and Maths took up the majority of my time in year 12, I was often up till like 1am finishing it off. :tongue: I was so sleep deprived last year, I remember it well! But it was all worth it in the end. :yep:

Sod off you wannabe year 12 :colonhash:

Spoiler

Evening Tails.. :colone:

Wannabe year 12...? Why would I wanna be in the same year as you? :lolwut::tongue:

Hi! :hugs:

Good! :awesome: Not bad thanks, plenty of work this year! :yep: Nah, I have it tomorrow but I'm gonna fail it. :yep: I'm quite ill atm and I'm just not good at the UKCAT. :tongue: Ah well, not really thinking about UKCAT uni's anyway. :nah:

A Levels are fun :biggrin: especially maths :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyh77
A Levels are fun :biggrin: especially maths :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! :yep: Glad you're enjoying maths, it's my favourite subject. :coma:

Evening Tails.. :colone:

Wannabe year 12...? Why would I wanna be in the same year as you? :lolwut::tongue:

Hi! :hugs:

Good! :awesome: Not bad thanks, plenty of work this year! :yep: Nah, I have it tomorrow but I'm gonna fail it. :yep: I'm quite ill atm and I'm just not good at the UKCAT. :tongue: Ah well, not really thinking about UKCAT uni's anyway. :nah:

Evenin' :hat: .

I don't know :dontknow: . But seeing as you're the one invading my thread, I'll assume it's because I'm so damn ****ing fabulous :h:

Which subject did you drop this year? And mate, are you kidding me!? You're not going to bloody fail! Which places are you applying to?
Evenin' :hat: .

I don't know :dontknow: . But seeing as you're the one invading my thread, I'll assume it's because I'm so damn ****ing fabulous :h:

Which subject did you drop this year? And mate, are you kidding me!? You're not going to bloody fail! Which places are you applying to?

It's not your thread, I'm the true king here, I own this place. :u: Ha, and the flirting begins again... :sigh:

Nothing, I'm keeping them all. :biggrin: Haha, we'll see! :tongue: I'm thinking Oxford (although I'm suddenly thinking of replacing it with Cambridge :s-smilie:), Imperial, Birmingham and one more. I'll decide the "one more" tomorrow after my UKCAT score and may make changes if necessary.
It's not your thread, I'm the true king here, I own this place. :u: Ha, and the flirting begins again... :sigh:

Nothing, I'm keeping them all. :biggrin: Haha, we'll see! :tongue: I'm thinking Oxford (although I'm suddenly thinking of replacing it with Cambridge :s-smilie:), Imperial, Birmingham and one more. I'll decide the "one more" tomorrow after my UKCAT score and may make changes if necessary.

I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

Whoa, hats off to you :tongue: My school wouldn't let me do five, but I kinda think that's for the best because I'm not the most organised of people :colondollar: . Have you been to any open days yet to see what the med schools are like?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Don't, lol you're new to it all

:lol: I know the content, I have no idea why I wrote thay ;p
Original post by Lucy96
Don't! Plus, a couple of people have said you on the "Smartest TSRian" thread :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dw I don't :colone:

:rofl: must find thread
Original post by Elm Tree
Loosing your stripes :biggrin:

:teehee:
I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

:smug:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

:smug:

:five:

Latest