The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7640
did more pfroductive stuff today like sneak attack bank visits and scuh although i have still fialed to complete my application form because really i am just horrible and no proffessor would want to work with em. is so hafd dto try and live when ijust cant do anthhing and future is so bad.

Original post by superwolf
:yy: Sounds like a plan. I always found following a decent pattern relatively easy, it was the undoing mistakes bit that was hard to learn.

Use a stitch marker - you can buy ones specifically for the purpose, or just use a safety pin/bit of contrast coloured yarn. You place it at the point you want to remember, in this case the beginning of the round (also works well at increase/decrease points as a reminder), and then there's no working out necessary!

I'm totally buying you a copy of my favourite (and predominantly colourwork-based) sock knitting book - when you least expect it! And the best bit is, since it's a gift you'll feel guilt-tripped into using it. :mwuaha:

yeah i agree. generally ive foundt he mottto wiht knitting to be 'easier than i expeted' but mstiakes are hard. can pcik up stitches/unpick rows now thought wiht is helpful.

Learning how to use stitch markers has been one of those htings I know I shojld but always seemd like unattainble ffort. Finally jsut googled and looks simple :colondollar:

Wold that be the round the wolkd in socks book? somene recommend it to me and i think was probably you. spent nearly 2 hours today in a crafty store (arent independdent craft sdtores the best? have foudn 2 now that just go on foever like an aladdinas cave) jsut lusting after EVERYTHING and incl books and looks good. think ima great myself when if i get an icome. i do totally want to larn colourwork am just quite enjoying feeling like i know what im doing and finishign qhite quickly is satisfyuing and proud making which is goud for me.

Original post by asdfgah
Cool - I'll probably be around until about 11 :smile: triggery TV has stopped and don't seem to be going into flashback anymore so hopefully will not be so horrible to talk to lol.

You're never hlorribel to tak to ;H
hope you have a good time with yoru friend and is manageable anciwty wise. :hgs:
Original post by 05autyt
I know you didn't ask me but I thought I'd butt in :P I found Zopiclone really useful, they helped me sleep so much and it was such a relief I could have cried. However they did give me hallucinations, although for me the sleep was worth it. And the only other thing is that when I came off them I couldn't sleep again immediately :/ and that is still a problem, so they help in the short term but solve anything. Personally I would love to be put on them again just for the sleep but I am currently without a doctor! Hope that helps :/

To be clear, what do you use it for? I need something that will put me to sleep and will keep me asleep all night because I'm up until the early hours right now and then I sleep for a normal amount of hours. I just really need to be able to sleep at the right time without waking up after a couple of hours.
Original post by Anonymous
What's wrong? I'm with you on feeling alone, are things due to get better soon? Anything we can help with?

Do you mind if I ask what they're like? I've been having sleeping problems too and would love something that would put me to sleep without question.

I'm on the highest dose possible, but they make you really sleepy and relaxed until you drift into a sleep, which I generally stay asleep all night when Iv had one.
BUT there are side effects such as hallucinations, when I first went on them I had a lot of issues with the hallucinations.
Also they are VERY addictive so it's not a long term solution, and the drs don't hand them out willy nilly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad is in the hospital :frown:

Really sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family at what must be a difficult time :frown:

Sorry to hear this. :frown: Are you okay? :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Sorry to hear this. :frown: Are you okay? :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family at what must be a difficult time :frown:

Thank you :smile:

My brother just came back from hospital and he is doing fine. Apparently it should be ok, but you never know. He also has to stay overnight, so you know doesn't sound too ok to me. The irony is he is a cardiologist and it is a heart problem.
Reply 7647
Holy fukcing ahit I cant stop shakign like im having a fkcing seixure or something. flashback can jst **** off nowl. am oefectloy aware of where i am etc but i can still feel it and i dont know haow to make it stop
Original post by Sultana
Holy fukcing ahit I cant stop shakign like im having a fkcing seixure or something. flashback can jst **** off nowl. am oefectloy aware of where i am etc but i can still feel it and i dont know haow to make it stop

:hugs: Me and bullettheory recently decided that having a steak in a bath full of tea would kill all mental ills, if you want to give that a go? :tongue: That or I could expound upon the evils of crochet for you?
Reply 7649
To be clear, what do you use it for? I need something that will put me to sleep and will keep me asleep all night because I'm up until the early hours right now and then I sleep for a normal amount of hours. I just really need to be able to sleep at the right time without waking up after a couple of hours.

Ummm I guess it kept me asleep a normal period of time when I took it? So if you took it before you went to bed you probably would sleep all or most of the night.. not sure if that helps!
Reply 7650
:hugs: Me and bullettheory recently decided that having a steak in a bath full of tea would kill all mental ills, if you want to give that a go? :tongue: That or I could expound upon the evils of crochet for you?

er wll as efffecive as that sounds imn turning vegan so il pass thanks.
if bu 'evxpound evils of corchet' you mean withter on about nice craft things upto but adnot includign rcochet then sure but i dont hibnk crochet can make this better tbh :tongue:
Original post by Sultana
er wll as efffecive as that sounds imn turning vegan so il pass thanks.
if bu 'evxpound evils of corchet' you mean withter on about nice craft things upto but adnot includign rcochet then sure but i dont hibnk crochet can make this better tbh :tongue:

Wait what, VEGAN??? Yickety-yick! :yucky:

You done all grounding techniques and stuff?
Bored and still too awake, because I played sports outside.
Original post by 05autyt
Ummm I guess it kept me asleep a normal period of time when I took it? So if you took it before you went to bed you probably would sleep all or most of the night.. not sure if that helps!

Almost, why did you take it? If you don't mind me asking. I was wondering if it was meant for insomniacs or people who have trouble maintaining a normal sleeping pattern or what.
Original post by Sultana

:frown: that's not good, does this happen often?

How are you doing right now, still going on?
Reply 7655
Wait what, VEGAN??? Yickety-yick! :yucky:

You done all grounding techniques and stuff?

uhuh, not a very gdood one cos is hard di dont teat good at best of times but trying. makes me feel like am making an bit less evilness if ic ancel it out :redface:
i cant reallyh i have to stay under bed cos otherwise might be heard and i dont relaly know what to do anyway. i do know itds not real snd **** but i cant make body realsei.
Reply 7656
Original post by danny111
:frown: that's not good, does this happen often?

How are you doing right now, still going on?

mm is quitew ierd for ime to be awrse its not real and it stiil be so long lasting.
am tryingt o deistract with the internet but its hard. kinda want to ring mhy friend cos hering voice can be helpful but i thingk shes proably gone out tonight so cant/
:hugs: What your wife said is true, but that doesn't make it your fault, or mean you should get not-shouted at (:tongue:). What happened to the therapy that you were supposed to be getting? It could be that you just need to work on your problems for a bit, supported by your wife/psych etc. and then you'll be in a better position to find and stay in work. Also your wife knew who she was marrying and what problems she was taking on, and she still loves you for all that, even if she does get a bit frustrated. So try not to worry about being a burden because you're not, you're her husband! :smile:

I'm getting therapy with a psychologist every couple of weeks, it's slow progress though if progress at all - hockey tomorrow and I'm already thinking of excuses to miss it :colondollar: I dunno, I just feel like I'm not really getting anywhere, I always talk to the psychologist about hockey and volunteering but then I find it too difficult to put what we discussed into practice. I feel like if I was a stronger person I'd do it fine but I'm not. You're right that my wife knew who she was marrying but I feel like maybe she didn't realize how long it would take to fix things. Nor did I though, to be fair to her.

You feeling any better today? :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Greetings from Boston, USA! Made it here safely last night. Am 5 hours behind you all and will be online for a bit most days while my sister is at work :yes:

Hey, you're not a wuss or a bad person or a failure or anything like that. You have to be in a good, healthy position to enter the world of work, even if it's only part-time or whatever. It's a big step and it's not to be rushed at all :nah:

America...**** yeah! :biggrin: Hope you enjoy your stay :smile:

Thanks. Yeah, I know it's a big step it's just I'm totally finished with uni now so it feels like I'm letting everyone down by not getting a job. My wife keeps complaining to me about bills and medication costs so if I got a job it would really help our financial situation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by octoberbaby
Falling apart very quickly and 0 support. Last four posts on here have been lost to other posts, no-one's replying to any texts I send asking for support, my doctors been useless despite usually being great. Feeling so alone. Can't cope.

Big big hugs!! :hugs:

Just seen your first post. Good to see you back. You've just been on holiday haven't you? How was it? We need to catch up. :smile:

Not good at all hearing how down you are atm. :/ PM me if you want so we can talk. I know it may sound silly (but then again it may not), but have you thought about emailing or phoning Samaritans or somebody for support?

As I said, PM me. I'm having all the uni stresses too (all my friends have gone earlier as well). xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paniking so bad because i feel a teeny bit sick :cry2:
I so dont deserve my boyfriend :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest