The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pelkiu Rotanas
So guys, now that it's only 1-2 days left, how excited are you? I can barely sleep, really looking forward to it! :biggrin:

I'm literally terrified :redface:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 821
Sorta, haha. Clothes, bedding, kitchen tools and my giant PC. I guess that's all I will need? :biggrin: What about you?

Same here, I thought just like you (basics mainly)... But I was really shocked at the quantity I ended up with :eek:! Because of the phrase "oh I might need this" being frequently used by me :biggrin:...
Original post by TNTTAZ
Same here, I thought just like you (basics mainly)... But I was really shocked at the quantity I ended up with :eek:! Because of the phrase "oh I might need this" being frequently used by me :biggrin:...

Lol yeah, I ended up with tooooooooons of stuff. It's terrifying :biggrin:
Less than 24 hours to go :L dying over here

I'm already there!

As a very shy/quiet person I'm not enjoying halls already :frown: Don't even know the names of any of my flatmates yet, only one of them has said hello to me.
Reply 825

All I can say:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNZlmVte6w
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I'm already there!

As a very shy/quiet person I'm not enjoying halls already :frown: Don't even know the names of any of my flatmates yet, only one of them has said hello to me.

Uhh, just give it some time! Is there anything planned tomorrow/next week for the students living in your halls?

Are you starting tomorrow btw?
Reply 829
Hey guys, hope everyone is enjoying themselves who moved in today. Does anybody know where I can get my parking permit and stuff so I can print it out for tomorrow? I have rather stupidly lost the letter telling me where to access it. If anyone can help that's great, if not, I'll keep on looking :colondollar:
Original post by Imog
Hey guys, hope everyone is enjoying themselves who moved in today. Does anybody know where I can get my parking permit and stuff so I can print it out for tomorrow? I have rather stupidly lost the letter telling me where to access it. If anyone can help that's great, if not, I'll keep on looking :colondollar:

Should be sent to your email as an attachment.. If you can't find it, I can send you mine but you'd have to edit it (change the name and student number to yours). :biggrin:
Uhh, just give it some time! Is there anything planned tomorrow/next week for the students living in your halls?

I have no idea to be honest, will have to find out. A lot of people have gone to the union bar tonight but I just don't feel up to it! However, since my last post, the girl in the room next door came round and said hello (she's been busy, she was the last one to arrive) and she seems really nice. Has cheered me up a bit :smile:
Reply 832
Should be sent to your email as an attachment.. If you can't find it, I can send you mine but you'd have to edit it (change the name and student number to yours). :biggrin:

Thanks so much, for some reason I was convinced it came in a letter! Found it in my inbox. :smile:
I have no idea to be honest, will have to find out. A lot of people have gone to the union bar tonight but I just don't feel up to it! However, since my last post, the girl in the room next door came round and said hello (she's been busy, she was the last one to arrive) and she seems really nice. Has cheered me up a bit :smile:

Haha, see! You are gonna be alright! How did you get to Southampton btw, train or car?
Original post by Imog
Thanks so much, for some reason I was convinced it came in a letter! Found it in my inbox. :smile:

You are welcome :smile:
Reply 835
Are you starting tomorrow btw?

Yeah...hopefully early morning :biggrin:
Original post by TNTTAZ
Yeah...hopefully early morning :biggrin:

I have to be there at 3 pm :biggrin: train or car?
Reply 837
I have to be there at 3 pm :biggrin: train or car?

Car, u?
Original post by TNTTAZ
Car, u?

Same. Can't really carry 3 huge bags + a PC with me :biggrin:

Come to the party! Seriously. There will be lots of shy/quiet people feeling exactly the same way. All freshers are not outgoing loud party people, however much it may seem that way. Everyone is in the same boat wanting to make friends and not feel awkward.

There will never be a better time to just walk up to people and say 'hi' as everyone is feeling at their most friendly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending