The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Egg Militia
Looking good for my Dolphins so far. Atlanta are strong but I have us winning because of the injuries ATL has suffered already. The toilet bowl of BUF @ NYJ will be interesting to see who's going to suck more. Patriots.... Well, they've got time to get things together before they start playing half decent teams.

This must be the first time in Toilet Bowl history that it is between two teams who are 1-1 with both losses coming to the Patriots by a total of five points between them.
Reply 7101
Original post by ..DT..
Thought I'd dig this up. It's early, but to go from 2-14 and start the season 3-0 your QB must be doing something right.

It is early. The Cardinals opened 4-0 last year. Remember how good their QBs were?
And they actually beat two good teams in Seattle and New England (on the road!) in those opening games.
Things aren't always what they seem in September.

Sacked 10 times already, on course for 50+ this year. Luckily he's faced powerhouses like Jacksonville, Philadelphia and Dallas so we can expect that to drop when he faces off against the likes of Denver and Houston.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7102
I;m back after a fortnight with no internet! How hard was this weeks coupon?! I settled for 6/1 odds and had to chuck Miami in there as a booster. Games this week either look like routs or OT potentials!
It's interesting to bring up the Cardinals last season because I remember reading this off-hand and pretty accurate prediction of how their season would go while they were 4-0

ARI is everyone's record-gazing outcome-focused darling of the moment. Their 4-0 record is deceiving, and I can already sense that they might be the post child for bad power rankings this season, like ATL was a couple years ago. First, they're 2 plays away from being 2-2. Second, their offense is terrible. They are tied for 28th in passing efficiency and dead last in run success rate.

Sadly he doesn't do efficiency rankings this year apparently, and obviously I'm not going to crunch the numbers myself even if I knew how. But as far as the Cardinals were concerned, things WERE what they seemed in September, if you knew what to look at. I haven't even watched any KC games so I have no idea if they're comparable. All I know is Bill Barnwell predicted they would have a good season, they look solid on paper, and apparently Fischer is not playing well.
Reply 7104
Original post by The Troll Toll
It's interesting to bring up the Cardinals last season because I remember reading this off-hand and pretty accurate prediction of how their season would go while they were 4-0

Sadly he doesn't do efficiency rankings this year apparently, and obviously I'm not going to crunch the numbers myself even if I knew how. But as far as the Cardinals were concerned, things WERE what they seemed in September, if you knew what to look at. I haven't even watched any KC games so I have no idea if they're comparable. All I know is Bill Barnwell predicted they would have a good season, they look solid on paper, and apparently Fischer is not playing well.

Don't get me wrong, the Chiefs D is legit - just as Arizona's was last year, and as little as I rate Alex Smith, him and Jamaal Charles is a far far far better better combination than who the Cardinals were putting out there last year (Skelton/Kolb/Hoyer/Lindley/Wells/Stephens-Howling/Powell). With the exception of Kolb (who is a 2nd stringer at best), all of those players are 3rd stringers at best. Alex Smith is definitely a starter, though I do believe this came from when I said he was a bottom 10 QB.

This year's Chiefs team reminds me of the 2011 Seahawks, strong running game, strong defense, game manager QB who won't win you games but won't lose you them either, but once they got a QB who CAN win games, started dominating them.
At least Tarvaris Jackson wasn't afraid to throw a risky pass on occasion though. Smith will take what the defense gives him and nothing more, and when the defense isn't giving anything, he won't do anything but take a sack.
I think Kolb had the potential to be a starter if he had stayed upright and injury free.
Reply 7106
I think Kolb had the potential to be a starter if he had stayed upright and injury free.

Could say similar for David Carr. At the end of the day, they didn't have faith in him at all in Arizona, and their QB situation was about as dire as it gets.
Reply 7107
I wish we had NFL Saturdays :frown:
Get in to NCAA football :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7109
Original post by WhyteBoar
Get in to NCAA football :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would but I don't know where to watch it!
You would need to get BT Sport as then you can watch the football on ESPN on Saturday. Either that or pay for ESPN player and watch online.

In some ways college football is more exciting. Arizona Cardinals are still my first team above all teams across all sports though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7111
Both my starting fantasy RBs are injured, Rice and Bush :/ Rice is out but I'm not sure whether to chance Reggie Bush or chuck in Willis McGahee.

Either way I'm not really looking at getting many points from my backs this week -_-
Reply 7112
Tampa in self destruct again.
Reply 7113
Gostowski :love:
Reply 7114
Shock Minnesota blew my acca...
Reply 7115
Anyone explain the issues the Bears are having with the play clock? 2 timeouts had to be used in Q1 to avoid delay of game penalties!
Reply 7116
Original post by Wattsy
Anyone explain the issues the Bears are having with the play clock? 2 timeouts had to be used in Q1 to avoid delay of game penalties!

Loud stadium
Reply 7117
Original post by alexsong
Loud stadium

Oh yeah. Heinz Field did get up and make noise for their team on defense. I'm surprised we don't have universal in helmet radios by now but I suppose actually the crowd playing a part is a good thing and helps at home if you've got a Steelers/Seahawks style fanbase and stadium which makes serious noise.
Only the designated QB is allowed the radio helmet.
Only the designated QB is allowed the radio helmet.

Think you're allowed one on D too

Latest