The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:eek::eek4::eek: :argh: Tis not fair!! Ah right :smile: Best to have something to challenge you :wink: Best of luck anyhow!
Original post by James A
:rofl: You have to try and dip into the high 50's (posts per day ratio :teehee: )

The timing does stress alot of people out, but you will eventually adjust :tongue:

Oh yeah, what modules you doing for maths? Bet your friends doing AS maths must be jelly of you xd

I start on the 29th, well technically that's my moving in day (on a sunday). It feels good to finally know that I can start learning the stuff I've always wanted to learn since I was a little child ........ pharmacy!!

One of my friends in the year above at Reading said that the first year of the course has more biology than chemistry :frown: but there's alot of lab practicals to do which sounds good!

Trust me, put in the hard work now and it will feel amazing when you log on to UCAS in two years time to see you got into your firm :wink:

It'll still be high, because I come on and reply to everything and disappear!

Yeah, I hope I get used to it:tongue:

FP1, FP2, M2 and S2 and C3. I hope... Haven't asked yet!

Making those druuugs :mmm: pharmacy is something I'm interested in!

Haha, yeah I suppose so :teeth:
Reply 5362
got a lot of work this weekend
:eek:

i think friday has become my new saturday....usually saturdays would be the day that i hang out with friends and chill but cos of sixthform
we've decided to chill on fridays after school leaving my saturday open for homework/revision / work and same for sunday :biggrin:

on a side note...Avicci's new album is just !!!!
:dance:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It'll still be high, because I come on and reply to everything and disappear!

Yeah, I hope I get used to it:tongue:

FP1, FP2, M2 and S2 and C3. I hope... Haven't asked yet!

Making those druuugs :mmm: pharmacy is something I'm interested in!

Haha, yeah I suppose so :teeth:

I'll be in these labs for the next four years :teehee:

Dat cough mixture :sogood:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

Whoa, hats off to you :tongue: My school wouldn't let me do five, but I kinda think that's for the best because I'm not the most organised of people :colondollar: . Have you been to any open days yet to see what the med schools are like?

I'm the thread king, Pandora's the thread queen, you two are far inferior compared to us, end of discussion. :u: Yes, your flirting is why I stayed away from this thread for ages. :tongue: On, and: :punct: :tongue:

Hats off to me indeed. :smug::tongue: Nothing wrong with that, there's no advantage of doing 5, I'm just doing a 5th for "fun". :tongue:

Original post by NikolaT
So much burn, all at once...

You guys bully me so much. :frown: FYI, the only reason why this thread became active back when you guys were in year 10 was because of me. :smug:

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Go right ahead. We need to form an alliance against those pesky ducks. :h:

Bitch. :colonhash: (I meant that in the context of your profile picture, btw, not as an actual insult. :colondollar:).
Original post by usycool1
I'm the thread king, Pandora's the thread queen, you two are far inferior compared to us, end of discussion. :u: Yes, your flirting is why I stayed away from this thread for ages. :tongue: On, and: :punct: :tongue:

Hats off to me indeed. :smug::tongue: Nothing wrong with that, there's no advantage of doing 5, I'm just doing a 5th for "fun". :tongue:

You guys bully me so much. :frown: FYI, the only reason why this thread became active back when you guys were in year 10 was because of me. :smug:

Bitch. :colonhash: (I meant that in the context of your profile picture, btw, not as an actual insult. :colondollar:).

Nonononono. You may have command over your silly year 13s, but here in the year 12 thread that you can't keep away from, Fish and I reign supreme.

Well, clearly you liked my 'flirting' enough to crawl back with your tail between your legs. No one else would touch you with a barge pole, I guess :smug: .

Psssht, in your dreams. Mango, Fish, Mancunian, Techno and I ran the show in year 10 (seems so long ago now :moon: ! )

Motherducker
Original post by James A
I'll be in these labs for the next four years :teehee:

Dat cough mixture :sogood:

Omg... :sogood:
Anyone else doing maths and further maths? But like doing all of the maths A level first rather than two separate ASs? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexandraScarlet
Anyone else doing maths and further maths? But like doing all of the maths A level first rather than two separate ASs? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember which, but that's either the most common way or a really weird way to do it :lol: My class is doing C1, S1 and C2 until Christmas (possibly longer) and then FP1 and FP2 and other modules (I presume) 'til summer.

I might end up having to drop some A Levels due to workload once my other subjects start picking up :mmm: I hope not, but I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chem, Psych (which I'm definitely dropping), Latin, Creative Writing and the EPQ all at once here :tongue:
Whoaaa, so shhh don't tell anyone but I totally forgot how TSR works :P

Original post by techno836
Kit^2a^5y :biggrin: nice to see you again x

Hey! How's it going? I totally forgot that Kit^2a^5y was a thing, it's nice to see it again :wink:

Original post by Glitch96
Grilled Kitty :yucky: You're not actually in Thailand are you?

Don't knock it til you've tried it :wink:
And yeah I am, shh.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:teeth: I'm cool enough to have your number anyway :smug:

No, she pretends for the fun of it :smile:

"Cool" .. We must have different definitions for it :wink:

Thank you! <3

Original post by sarahiscool
omg hey, you haven't posted in ages ? hows life ?

Good good, IB life is busy as heck though, how about you?
Original post by Kittaaaaay

Kittay! :jumphug: It's been too long since we last spoke. How's life been treating you? :smile:
Original post by Kittaaaaay

Hey! How's it going? I totally forgot that Kit^2a^5y was a thing, it's nice to see it again :wink:

Don't knock it til you've tried it :wink:
And yeah I am, shh.

"Cool" .. We must have different definitions for it :wink:

Thank you! <3

Good good, IB life is busy as heck though, how about you?

Hey :hi: I just came back also, although I can't recall if you left before I disappeared without obvious warning (although I doubt my disappearance was a surprise at the time) :mmm:
Original post by techno836
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

Hi, I'm Lula. I'm studying biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. In a few weeks I'm hoping to start further maths too. I started two weeks ago, but it's okay so far. I'm hoping I won't get too stressed out like I did at GCSE...
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey everyone! I'm also an AS student. I'm currently studying English Lang, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology and Maths

Edit: anyone doing OCR for their sciences? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone sorry for not being on here much in the last week.I have been very ill recently but I have still been going to College because of how important my studies are.I was discharged from hospital on Monday Morning(giving me just about enough time to get to College on time), after going in with the feeling of extreme thirst and shaking, and given antibiotics- with an Echocardiagram scheduled because the doctors measured my resting rate as high as 160bpm at times and said that I had a slight murmur.After leaving hospital, I have had a really bad cold and I have felt a lack of appetite for food and felt generally unwell etc-I hope that I can get better and that my heart isn't too bad.
Original post by KoopaTroopa
Hey everyone! I'm also an AS student. I'm currently studying English Lang, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology and Maths

Edit: anyone doing OCR for their sciences? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing OCR biology! The other sciences are on Edexcel for me.
Original post by lulagreenleaf
I'm doing OCR biology! The other sciences are on Edexcel for me.

That's great! What have you covered in Biology so far? :biggrin: Btw I'm doing Edexcel for Maths though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
Hi everyone sorry for not being on here much in the last week.I have been very ill recently but I have still been going to College because of how important my studies are.I was discharged from hospital on Monday Morning(giving me just about enough time to get to College on time), after going in with the feeling of extreme thirst and shaking, and given antibiotics- with an Echocardiagram scheduled because the doctors measured my resting rate as high as 160bpm at times and said that I had a slight murmur.After leaving hospital, I have had a really bad cold and I have felt a lack of appetite for food and felt generally unwell etc-I hope that I can get better and that my heart isn't too bad.

Hope you get well soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KoopaTroopa
That's great! What have you covered in Biology so far? :biggrin: Btw I'm doing Edexcel for Maths though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have two teachers - with one we're doing cells {organelles and their functions} and protein synthesis at the moment, and with the other we're doing biodiversity and evolution. We're doing our first piece of coursework on Thursday, for the biodiversity module.

Ah, Maths is AQA {I didn't count that under my "sciences" oops} for me
Original post by Dalek1099

Get well soon :redface:

Latest