The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e hine e
I'm trying to write a personal statement :banghead:

The evils of it! When I did mine I had about three other essays I needed to write so I asked to be able to hand them in later and they were just like "Lol Newp :awesome:"

Not so fun times.

But come to Manchester! We're awesome and we have a Chinatown with freakin' awesome bakeries :hubba:
Original post by Diety
Oh TLG :biggrin: always using that quote :tongue:

Don't know WHAT you mean :nah:

:ninja:

Original post by Quornslice
I think the day TLG stops liking and using that saying is the day she becomes vegetarian :ninja:

:eek:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
That's going to stay with me for the rest of my life, isn't it? :sad:

:yep: :console: :teehee:

:console:

I'm starting on mine as well :eek2:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:eek:

:ninja: :teehee:
Reply 963
Just been scouted by Durham's CU because they saw my Facebook profile says Anglican :biggrin: anyway, they didn't seem that pushy, and really backed off when I said I was just in the process of converting, but invited questions so I asked about whether they were just evangelical because I wasn't (I said more than that and in a nicer way :smile:) should be interesting to see what their side of the story is; I even threw in something about their views on Catholics, just thought it would be interesting :ahee: I might actually try out the CU depending on the answers I get, and I'm pretty strong willed so hope I'll be able to shrug them off if they aren't for me.. That's the theory :biggrin: stay tuned :wink:
Reply 964

If you want a template, I have a theology one that got me an offer from Cambridge (a former Cambridge interviewer taught me how to write it :wink:)
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
The evils of it! When I did mine I had about three other essays I needed to write so I asked to be able to hand them in later and they were just like "Lol Newp :awesome:"

Not so fun times.

But come to Manchester! We're awesome and we have a Chinatown with freakin' awesome bakeries :hubba:

Well you know how to tempt me...

I'm starting on mine as well :eek2:

:five:

Original post by Diety
If you want a template, I have a theology one that got me an offer from Cambridge (a former Cambridge interviewer taught me how to write it :wink:)

A template would be really helpful! Although whether it would help me stop rambling in my first paragraph is another matter.
Reply 966
Original post by Diety

:puppyeyes:

:teehee:
Reply 967
Original post by Mazzini
:puppyeyes:

:teehee:

Oh darn! I remember I was going to send it to you ages ago! :colondollar: Just going out fancy dress shopping with my little sister at the mo, but will PM both of you when I get back :smile:
Prayers please. Slipped disc or two on my spine. I need the strength to phone the doctors tomorrow. Not liking how this has all come right before I'm back to lectures.
Reply 969
Original post by Diety
Oh darn! I remember I was going to send it to you ages ago! :colondollar: Just going out fancy dress shopping with my little sister at the mo, but will PM both of you when I get back :smile:

Original post by FinnLassie
Prayers please. Slipped disc or two on my spine. I need the strength to phone the doctors tomorrow. Not liking how this has all come right before I'm back to lectures.

:jumphug:

Praying. Try Alexander Technique for slipped discs, it's awesome :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diety
Just been scouted by Durham's CU because they saw my Facebook profile says Anglican :biggrin: anyway, they didn't seem that pushy, and really backed off when I said I was just in the process of converting, but invited questions so I asked about whether they were just evangelical because I wasn't (I said more than that and in a nicer way :smile:) should be interesting to see what their side of the story is; I even threw in something about their views on Catholics, just thought it would be interesting :ahee: I might actually try out the CU depending on the answers I get, and I'm pretty strong willed so hope I'll be able to shrug them off if they aren't for me.. That's the theory :biggrin: stay tuned :wink:

Keep us updated :biggrin:

:eek: Sounds horrible Finn, it's awful the way these things time themselves. Be praying and all the best! :hugs:

Of course lovely. :hugs:
:five:

I have to write stuff about myself that's good, which is hard for me to do.

:jumphug: Of course hun, that sounds completely rubbish :/
I have to write stuff about myself that's good, which is hard for me to do.

You can do it. :hugs: And if you're struggling, I'll start listing your many many good qualities and make you listen to them. :yep: :tongue: :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
You can do it. :hugs: And if you're struggling, I'll start listing your many many good qualities and make you listen to them. :yep: :tongue: :hugs:

I probably can do it, but it'll just feel like i'm lying just to try and get in :/ :hugs:

Also PRSOM :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 976
Original post by tasha96

You're still on PRSOM for me too :eek: :sad:

Yikes, sounds nasty. Praying, hun :hugs:
I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:
I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:

:jumphug: Get d123 to help? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending