The Student Room Group

The European/World Football Thread III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tweek
You could compare Luuk to Torres in a way.
Disappointing season, so B. M'gladbach bought in another striker Max Kruse. Even before Kruse, Luuk was getting benched a bit from what I can remember, and Kruse has came in and instantly started scoring.

With Klose ageing Kruse might see this as a make or break season for him at international level. A lot of fans don't like seeing Luuk on the bench because he was expensive for them, but at the same time playing him with Kruse means one of Arango (bit of a legend for them) or Granit Xhaka (you'll have heard of him, brilliant young Swiss player) would have to drop to the bench to accommodate the two up front.

Benching Kruse is just futile as Luuk seems to lack confidence sometimes. He said in an interview he doesn't want to give up but personally I don't see it happening, not sure if he's been injured but I don't think he's started a game yet.

I don't follow B. M'Gladbach too closely, so maybe he will come good, but whenever I've seen them play, or when I'm watching the Bundesliga highlights show he's been unconvincing.

If they could sell him for a decent amount I reckon they would. Shame really, never saw him play for FC Twente but there was a lot of talk about his talent and potential.

Torres is a good example actually, you wonder where all of the ability has gone... :lolwut:
If Chelsea had a regular goal-scoring striker, then Torres would be benched each match too.

Thanks for the recap though, don't follow German football enough. :sigh:
However whenever I do a lot of it is just hoof-ball and long range strikes! :lol: (Granted apart from Dortmund)
Reply 641
Shared ownership?
Reply 642
Swansea earn a standing ovation at the Mestalla. :coma:
Original post by Abiraleft
Swansea earn a standing ovation at the Mestalla. :coma:

The Swansea chairman better start looking for a new manager soon, you just know Laudrup will get snapped up sooner or later.
Reply 644
Original post by Zerforax
The Swansea chairman better start looking for a new manager soon, you just know Laudrup will get snapped up sooner or later.

Not if Swansea win the Europa League! :dumbells:

(Actually, probably especially if Swansea win something but hey. :getmecoat:)
Original post by Abiraleft
Not if Swansea win the Europa League! :dumbells:

(Actually, probably especially if Swansea win something but hey. :getmecoat:)

He's had a decent but patchy start to his managing career. Does make me think he'd be better to settle for a few years and really develop before moving to a huge club instead of a slightly upwards step but then having to start from scratch each time.
Laudrup is a manager who is worth admiration, no matter what club. Unlike other top players who retire and go into management using their playing career as a help to get them decent jobs, Laudrup has worked his way at lower clubs including Swansea where he's evolved them from Rodgers.

I think he'll stick around for his contract, he recently signed a new deal but I don't think he'll move as soon as a big club comes in. He seems to have abit more integrity about him than jumping at the first sign of a bigger job.

Valencia though, shocking.
Reply 647
Did anyone see this

:rofl3:
Reply 648
Another one

:rofl2:
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Did anyone see this

:rofl3:

Not going to lie, this was one of the scariest things I've seen in a long, long time...
Reply 650
I think I'm in love with Isco :love:
Reply 651
What ever happened to Milos Krasic? He used to play really well when he was at CSKA Moscow
Anyone on the PSG/Monaco flex?
Reply 653
Original post by Zürich
Anyone on the PSG/Monaco flex?

On that train.

Falcao just finds ways of scoring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
On that train.

Falcao just finds ways of scoring

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah complete wrecking ball mate. Ibra aint bad either!
Reply 655
I iphave the Napoli game on my iPad and the PSG game on my laptop. They've both been decent so far.
Zlatan man, what you thinking?

Guess just Ronnie O'Sullivaning it into the corner was too simple
Reply 657
I dont undertand yet whiy Gotze is so expensive
Reply 658
Besiktas vs. Galatasaray. A riot erupted just now in the 93rd minute forcing the match to be "cancelled". Welcome to Turkish football.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 659
Original post by Deshi
I iphave the Napoli game on my iPad and the PSG game on my laptop. They've both been decent so far.

Which one is the better game?

Quick Reply

Latest