The Student Room Group

AQA SCLY3 Beliefs in Society

Good afternoon, everyone.

I am going to study A2 Sociology this September and I was wondering does anyone who study A2 Sociology last year have any revision notes which can give to me so that I can revise and preparing for my lessons?

Thank you very much.

Scroll to see replies

*bumps*

I agree, it would be really good if people could pass on some revision material for those starting A2. I'd be really appreciative ^__^ :smile:
My teacher does give me some notes and hand-out to read but I just need other notes too. Because it will help me to understand more about sociology ^.^

By the way, nice to meet you Gloria.
Reply 3
what text books are you guys using?
Reply 4
Hi I'm doing this topic too! Anyone else think this topic is a bit boring? Loving Crime though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Vinster
Hi I'm doing this topic too! Anyone else think this topic is a bit boring? Loving Crime though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what text book are you guys using?
I don't have a text book at the moment, but I will buy a revision guide soon.

Compared the Crime and Deviant with Research Method, personally I think SCLY3 Beliefs in society is quite difficult to understand and a little bit boring. Even I did do some preparation the day before, it feels like learning something new and difficult in the lesson.

By the way, nice to meet you all ^^
Reply 7
Original post by Pika-Profiterole

Compared the Crime and Deviant with Research Method, personally I think SCLY3 Beliefs in society is quite difficult to understand and a little bit boring. Even I did do some preparation the day before, it feels like learning something new and difficult in the lesson.

i agree
i think religon is the hardest
so much to learn and unlike crime, you cant really relate to it so much....

what revision guide are you getting? also you not using a text book in class?
Reply 8
Original post by 3mmz
i agree
i think religon is the hardest
so much to learn and unlike crime, you cant really relate to it so much....

what revision guide are you getting? also you not using a text book in class?

Agree with both of you above! :smile: I just thinks more like R.E than sociology even though we did perspectives it doesn't feel like sociology, that might be due to the reduced class size as the class went from 30 to just 5 of us!
We use the Collins latest addition text book if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Vinster
Agree with both of you above! :smile: I just thinks more like R.E than sociology even though we did perspectives it doesn't feel like sociology, that might be due to the reduced class size as the class went from 30 to just 5 of us!
We use the Collins latest addition text book if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow just 5
that's really small:eek:

can you post me a link to the text book please
Reply 10
Original post by 3mmz
oh wow just 5
that's really small:eek:

can you post me a link to the text book please

It's because my teachers are awful, last year I had to teach myself but it was worth it as it got me an A!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Level-Sociology-A2-AQA/dp/0007288441

That :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Vinster
It's because my teachers are awful, last year I had to teach myself but it was worth it as it got me an A!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Level-Sociology-A2-AQA/dp/0007288441

That :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow well done

how did you do it? past papers?
Reply 12
Original post by 3mmz
wow well done

how did you do it? past papers?

Thanks no I just made detailed mind maps and then planned how I could use it for exam questions and used the help of the people from this forum! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Vinster
Thanks no I just made detailed mind maps and then planned how I could use it for exam questions and used the help of the people from this forum! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow congrats. Did you make loads of notes?
Original post by Pika-Profiterole

Hi,
I'm studying A2 sociology at the moment, and I think that Crime and Deviance is a lot harder due to the nature of the exam - you have to do research methods and theories in that paper.

Having bought the textbook and the revision guide, I've found that if you read the textbook, understand it, and then make your notes with the revision guide, it makes your notes a lot more precise and to the point, as it had all the main points in a much briefer form yet still understandable.

Hope this may have been helpful for you all
Reply 15
Original post by chicalatina
Hi,
I'm studying A2 sociology at the moment, and I think that Crime and Deviance is a lot harder due to the nature of the exam - you have to do research methods and theories in that paper.

Having bought the textbook and the revision guide, I've found that if you read the textbook, understand it, and then make your notes with the revision guide, it makes your notes a lot more precise and to the point, as it had all the main points in a much briefer form yet still understandable.

Hope this may have been helpful for you all

what text book and revision guide did you/are you using?
Reply 16
hi guys im doing this exam anybody got any decent notes perhaps we can all share resources ?
Original post by 3mmz
what text book and revision guide did you/are you using?

These are the isbns for the books I'm using;
Textbook - 978-0954007966
Revision Guide - 978-0-9540079-8-0
Original post by zavvi16
hi guys im doing this exam anybody got any decent notes perhaps we can all share resources ?

I would recommend the books I just posted - they are very helpful and resources from the examiners!
Reply 19
Those struggling with this topic like mysef please join the study group where we could all help each other and create a good bunch of notes. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending